Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Kait
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-
Location: Spain
Contact:

Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#1 Post by Kait » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Image
"I know you are afraid... But you are not alone."

Image
You lived with your parents in a pretty busy city; your father was a business man and your mother stayed at home to take care of you.
Everything was perfect: You were a lively and carefree child. That was until something happened and changed your life completely.
You found your father dead by your side. After this incident, your mother decided it was best for you to move to a quiet town with your grandfather and forget about everything.
For years, you’ve been having nightmares and hearing voices, and you are terrified of the world that surrounds you. But you are not alone.
We all have our weaknesses.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Outline: 100%
Story: ~15% (12k)
Script: ~15%
Character Concept Art: 100%
Main Menu Interface: 100%
Sprites: 0%
CG: 5%
BG: 5%
Music: 20%


Image
Writing & Script: Kait
Writing Help: Ran & Mink
Artist: Suqling

Image

Image

Image

Image
Updating~ First scene has been finished and Suu is working on the next one. I've been planning and finishing a detailed outline of the game's flow
so I can start writing easily, and I now have the help of Mink who has been listening to my never-ending ramble about my ideas for the game.

Make sure you check out our dev blog!
Last edited by Kait on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 13 times in total.

User avatar
phoenixhymn
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm
Projects: Civil Blood
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#2 Post by phoenixhymn » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 pm

...this sounds like a lot of fun. I like these kind of something-traumatic-happened-in-childhood mysteries. Sounds like a fun premise, especially since it seems as if healing is going to be a major theme for the story. I don't have enough confidence in myself as a script/visual novel writer (going to start my very first script this year!) to volunteer for someone else, sorry. (Proofreading is the only thing I'd be confident in doing for other people.) I hope you can find a co-writer and an artist. Best of luck!

User avatar
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 am
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
Skype: @otomeran
itch: ran
Location: Manila
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#3 Post by Ran08 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 am

Oh, this sounds great. I love the idea. I think it would make a good story. :)

The characters are intriguing. I like the fact that there are two sides to all of them. They seem to work out well.

The plot is quite typical, but what makes it special is how you can add something that can make it unique. Well, in this case, they're the characters.

I'll be looking forward to this! I really wish to help out, but when it comes to "sad" stories, I tend to be a tad too dramatic. XD If you need testers though, or someone who can help with the story, I'll be glad to do whatever I can for you. :)

Goodluck!

User avatar
inhalance
Regular
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 am
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#4 Post by inhalance » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 am

This story sounds interesting! I think it will turn out great. :) I'm in need of a "sad" story right now anyways, heh OTL
I hope you'll be able to recruit more team members and to finish the game. If you need a proofreader (since I'm currently unavailable for the co-writing position, but if I wasn't I would definitely be up to do it!), just PM me any time and I'll gladly offer my services. Good luck!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:
Image

User avatar
Kait
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#5 Post by Kait » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:17 am

phoenixhymn wrote:...this sounds like a lot of fun. I like these kind of something-traumatic-happened-in-childhood mysteries.
Sounds like a fun premise, especially since it seems as if healing is going to be a major theme for the story.
I don't have enough confidence in myself as a script/visual novel writer (going to start my very first script this year!) to volunteer for someone else, sorry.
(Proofreading is the only thing I'd be confident in doing for other people.) I hope you can find a co-writer and an artist. Best of luck!
Hello, Phoenixhymn. I'm glad you think the plot it interesting. Yeah: healing is basically one of the main themes for the story.
I'll be sure to let you know if I need proofreading later in the development. Thank you for your words :)
Ran08 wrote:Oh, this sounds great. I love the idea. I think it would make a good story. :)

The characters are intriguing. I like the fact that there are two sides to all of them. They seem to work out well.

The plot is quite typical, but what makes it special is how you can add something that can make it unique. Well, in this case, they're the characters.

I'll be looking forward to this! I really wish to help out, but when it comes to "sad" stories, I tend to be a tad too dramatic. XD
If you need testers though, or someone who can help with the story, I'll be glad to do whatever I can for you. :)

Goodluck!
Hello, Ran. Thank you for your interest. Yeah, the plot is the typical one, but as you said, the characters are what make it special.
I made sure to make them all have some kind of weakness, because, well, in reality no one's perfect either.
That fact is a really important one in the story and I'm glad you noticed it.
If you are willing to help me out with the story, PM me and we'll talk about it; I'm sure you could be of help :D
Thank you!
inhalance wrote:This story sounds interesting! I think it will turn out great. :) I'm in need of a "sad" story right now anyways, heh OTL
I hope you'll be able to recruit more team members and to finish the game.
If you need a proofreader (since I'm currently unavailable for the co-writing position, but if I wasn't I would definitely be up to do it!),
just PM me any time and I'll gladly offer my services. Good luck!
Hello, Inhalance. I'm already trying to recruit member and hope I'll have an artist soon enough. I'll make sure I PM you
when I need some proofreading. Thank you for your kind words. :)


Replies aside, I can't believe I actually forgot to put one character summary here. But it is now on the first post. She is not a love interest,
since there's no GxG, sorry. :wink: But she plays a important role on the plot. I'll be updating soon!

User avatar
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 am
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
Skype: @otomeran
itch: ran
Location: Manila
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#6 Post by Ran08 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 am

Kait wrote:
Ran08 wrote:Oh, this sounds great. I love the idea. I think it would make a good story. :)

The characters are intriguing. I like the fact that there are two sides to all of them. They seem to work out well.

The plot is quite typical, but what makes it special is how you can add something that can make it unique. Well, in this case, they're the characters.

I'll be looking forward to this! I really wish to help out, but when it comes to "sad" stories, I tend to be a tad too dramatic. XD
If you need testers though, or someone who can help with the story, I'll be glad to do whatever I can for you. :)

Goodluck!
Hello, Ran. Thank you for your interest. Yeah, the plot is the typical one, but as you said, the characters are what make it special.
I made sure to make them all have some kind of weakness, because, well, in reality no one's perfect either.
That fact is a really important one in the story and I'm glad you noticed it.
If you are willing to help me out with the story, PM me and we'll talk about it; I'm sure you could be of help :D
Thank you!
Hahaha, that fact is what I find interesting in this story. :D I really liked how it was presented. ^_^
It's fine with you? Yippie! <3 I'd love to help out! Even though I'm not really sure how exactly I could help but... ;) Thank you.

User avatar
Kait
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#7 Post by Kait » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Updating!

I'm happy to say I now have an awesome artist; Suqling, and a writing helper: Ran.
Suu has drawn a new logo for the game which is awesome, and she's working on the MC's sprite.
I myself am writing like crazy, and Ran is helping me out with fleshing out the characters.

Image

User avatar
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 am
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
Skype: @otomeran
itch: ran
Location: Manila
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#8 Post by Ran08 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 am

Mehehe. :") We don't have any music yet though. I do hope we can move this to the WIP threads soon. :D It is in progress already after all. (Even though there's actually isn't much progress right now. Teehee.)

User avatar
WickedRaccoon
Veteran
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Athens,Greece
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#9 Post by WickedRaccoon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 am

This sounds like a promising game! :D
Sad stories,broken personalities,mystery and the main goal to heal/overcome the obstacles are effin amazing. Plus the fact that every character has a secret side makes it more fascinating. I'm sure it'll turn out to be awesome!
The logo is great. I can't wait to see more of Suqling's art!
Wish you guys the best of luck!!!

User avatar
Kait
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#10 Post by Kait » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm

WickedRaccoon wrote: This sounds like a promising game!
Sad stories,broken personalities,mystery and the main goal to heal/overcome the obstacles are effin amazing. Plus the fact that every character has a secret side makes it more fascinating. I'm sure it'll turn out to be awesome!
The logo is great. I can't wait to see more of Suqling's art!
Wish you guys the best of luck!!!
Thank you so much for the encouragement :) We're working hard on this to make it a reality.

----

I'm glad to say I can finally show you Suu's art! Working hard for days has paid off :)
So now you can see it on the first post!

User avatar
WickedRaccoon
Veteran
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Athens,Greece
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#11 Post by WickedRaccoon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh....my....flying donkey.. 8D
Seriously,the sprites are amazing! They look like filtered people's portraits! It's clean and so professional,and the expresions are so alive. The colors are adorable,the texture unique. Also,I love MC's eyes,I really really love them! I can't stop looking at the sprites. They're so...gaah!
May I say to Suqling that you rock! You've got an amazing talent,so keep up the great job!
Cheers!

User avatar
phoenixhymn
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm
Projects: Civil Blood
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#12 Post by phoenixhymn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Love the logo and the character concept art. So pretty! I think the character designs really match up with the little bios they have. Nicely done!

User avatar
AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie
Location: Buttsville
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#13 Post by AshenhartKrie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:58 pm

OH.
MY.
GOD.
THE ART.
This sounds really interesting. The storyline is deep (to me anyway), and it's something different that I haven't seen in any VNs before. I don't think, anyway.
I'll be keeping a close eye on this! Do your best!

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

User avatar
Dougstyles
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:07 am
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#14 Post by Dougstyles » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 am

That is some fantastic art right there, wow!

Your writing seems strong from the synopsis, I'll be looking forward to this one. Good luck!

User avatar
angelmoon78
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 pm
Location: Neverland
Contact:

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#15 Post by angelmoon78 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 am

Wow, this looks so promising! And the character concept arts are just- SO AWESOME!!! I'm already adding this to my favs :D Keep up the great work!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users