Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kait
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#46 Post by Kait »

@Mink: Thank you for your opinion! I have to agree with you on this. There are just too many games in which all of the boys are really girly and it kind of irks me.

@9-Of-Hearts: Thank you! I'm glad you're interested in Aiden, since I first thought he would be the most popular one... But turns out he isn't!
Anyway, thank you for your kind words. (P.D.: I have a thing for animal lovers too!)

@Zylinder: Well, you are right there, Zylinder. We hadn't really thought of that, and things make so much more sense now.
So thank you for opening our eyes! Yippie, I'm happy to see more people interested in Aiden - He's going to be quite scary.

@Latte: Thank you Latte! You are right, the designs are most likely not going to be changed since it seems most people is happy with them.

@PhoenixHymn: Thank for your opinion! Aiden is probably going to surprise many people, or at least that's what I'm aiming at. So wait and see (:
Your words have made me consider Leon's personality. Although he is not a jock, he has some features that could be consider those of a jock.
Anyway, don't worry; I'll make sure it doesn't seem like it. And last, Seth's path is going to be quite emotional so make sure you are prepared!

@WickedRaccoon: Thanks! Haha.. You better be ready to play Seth's path when the time comes. You're probably going to need a few handkerchiefs!
I do understand why Seth is so popular, because I myself would choose him first if I was a player. But since I'm the writer, it's a whole different story!

---------------------------
Updating time! Two CGs have been completed and Suu is working on a background! I've been doing some planning and character charts
so as to get to know better my own characters and write them accordingly, and I'm now prepared to start writing again. (:

By the way, I am now looking for some help with the story. I really don't know what that role is called, but I would be glad if someone
could help me. I'm looking for someone with whom I can discuss the plot with, and who can help me shape the story better.
Basically, someone who is reliable and creative enough. I'd be glad if we could work as partners, or even friends.
But that might be asking for too much! Well, if anyone is interested just pm me please and I'll gladly reply.
Thank you in advance!

The discussion about character designs is still open so you're free to give your opinion if you want to. We also happily accept critique about
just anything - be it plot, characterization, art or whatever, so don't hesitate to comment. Be seeing you soon, and thanks for your support!
Last edited by Kait on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#47 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Kait wrote:By the way, I am now looking for some help with the story. I really don't know what that role is called, but I would be glad if someone could help me. I'm looking for someone with whom I can discuss the plot with, and who can help me shape the story better.
The "role" you're looking for is a co-writer/editor :) Search around the LSF threads for an editor or start your own thread asking for one. You can find many people that are willing to help out.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#48 Post by MioSegami »

Wow the options menu looks fantastic!!!! Lovin' it! Great work <3
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#49 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Suqling, your art is absolutely stunning! I'm really, really drawn to it (not to mention super jealous). I like Aiden's design the best, I can't resist a good looking gentleman with white hair. I favour Leon's personality though, since I like the funny ones. Maybe it's because I'm on the older side, but I definitely appreciate the differences in the design ;)

One thing I can mention, and I'm not sure if anyone else has said something yet is about the eyes. I realise that this is concept art and not finished, so you might be intending to add this later, but right now the eyes are a little starry because they lack highlights. A couple white spots would really bring them to life!

Also, love the graphic design going on, the menus look great. I love the subtlety of them. Keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

suqling
Projects: Frailty

#50 Post by suqling »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:One thing I can mention, and I'm not sure if anyone else has said something yet is about the eyes. I realise that this is concept art and not finished, so you might be intending to add this later, but right now the eyes are a little starry because they lack highlights. A couple white spots would really bring them to life!
Also, love the graphic design going on, the menus look great. I love the subtlety of them. Keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks for taking the time to illustrate your point Auro, I'm never a meticulous painter so I miss the little(but impactful) polishings. I'll KIV for the next time I'm updating the portraits, much appreciated for the feedback!

I feel at this point of WIP that the art has yet to encapsulate the game's entire design theme, which I'm intending to be subtle/minimal & colour-driven so players will focus on Kait's storytelling and have room to project their own feelings.
I'm really happy to be praised, however a lot of my work is born from training and education. If you(and everyone else) think it's worth it, I'll be glad to share my knowledge in design & illustration; not that I'm a master, but I do notice that artists here don't necessarily come from an art background and aren't using important art fundamentals.

Was cool of you to drop a word in, cheers!
-----
MioSegami wrote:Wow the options menu looks fantastic!!!! Lovin' it! Great work <3
Thank you! It's kinda plain but I believe simple & concise works better for a 'plot-heavy' game like this (: Cheers!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#51 Post by WickedRaccoon »

suqling wrote:If you(and everyone else) think it's worth it, I'll be glad to share my knowledge in design & illustration;
Wow,you'd actually do that? That would be awesome! Please do so :)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#52 Post by Mink »

^Ditto on what WickedRaccoon said.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

spooky

#53 Post by spooky »

The art style is amazing! Definitely different to your typical anime style visual novel, which is a nice change. The story sounds really promising too. ^_^
How long are you planning to make this? Do you know how many endings your aiming to achieve? Do you have a location in mind of where the story is set?
Good luck! :3

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#54 Post by xavimat »

I'm not original but... I like your art! It's different and unique.
I've seen the story is still ~15%, keep going!

P.S. I've seen you are from Spain. I'm too! ;)
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

cladinpink
Regular

#55 Post by cladinpink »

Kait wrote:Replies aside, I can't believe I actually forgot to put one character summary here. But it is now on the first post. She is not a love interest,
since there's no GxG, sorry. :wink: But she plays a important role on the plot. I'll be updating soon!
Aw, I'm sad to hear that as I find Valerie to be the most interesting of the cast. I think it might be because the three guys are somewhat stereotypical, and I tend to shy away from stereotypes. And generally speaking, for me GxG is always good haha.

But the art is stunning, and the plot sounds like it has potential, so I'm in!

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#56 Post by latte »

Hi there, do you mind me asking how this project is going? This looks so promising, it'd be a waste if it was dropped halfway... Or maybe you're just slower with updating? Anyway good luck!

wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#57 Post by wonderland »

Hello! Just checking up, I haven't been seeing any updates recently. I hope everything is still going? The project is amazing and I like the others have said, this is faarr to lovely to be dropped! Hope everything is still going swimmingly and everything is still in progress! It's happened far to often where a project starts off as super active and the next dropped... Anyways, I hope to hear more from this project!
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."

suqling
Projects: Frailty

#58 Post by suqling »

Sorry guys! I've been working really slowly on the art with the school term, but rest assured that this project is still on-going.

Mimrose
Regular
Projects: Bitter Honey (Writer)

#59 Post by Mimrose »

I'm already fangirl-ling over this! I can't wait until it's released!!

I tend to write pretty sad things too. xD To me, it's just so easy to get caught up in the character and you can really delve deep for the super feels.

The plot is intriguing and the art is amazing! :D

I hope production is still going on :D

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#60 Post by MioSegami »

I'm glad it's still on going! Phew! Yeah school, it takes up a lot of progression time away, I feeelsss you ~.~
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%