Recruiting for Revolutionary Project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rika-chan
Regular

Recruiting for Revolutionary Project

#1 Post by Rika-chan »

This is my first project with Ren'Py (but not my first project ever). Winter Heart is a short story involving a dragon, punishment, character development, and of course, romance. The script for this kinetic novel is completely written, and according to my programmer, mostly coded into Ren'Py.

I'm now recruiting for artist, background artist, and musician positions. There will be voice-acting, but I am not auditioning for it at this time.

Heavy use of graphics is what makes this project "revolutionary." Artists should be prepared to draw an estimated 300 pictures, less for BGs. This may sound daunting, but I mention it to avoid unpleasant surprises later.

If you're interested, please PM me, preferably with samples of your work. This is a great opportunity to show off your skills in a truly cinematic game.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Recruiting for Revolutionary Project

#2 Post by PyTom »

I'm just curious, but how long is the game, if it has 300 pictures in it? You say it's a short story, after all.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

PyTom >> Think of a typical OVA with minimal dialogue

Rika-chan >> am I still in?

Edit: Looks like I'm still in. I may be that 'Programmer' who'se coded most of the stuff into Ren'Py.

Just to clarify, this is a fully animated visual novel that really needs to use the 'No-Skip' option.

Hopefully I have proven my reputation already so that my participation in this project gives it some clout.

What skills can you provide, and have Rika-chan take a look at them. We're pretty flexible. I can fill in the missing positions -- I've been building up multiple skills -- but it would be great for everyone who wants to contribute to have the opportunity to do so

(Yep, I've seen the script and this is a 'kick-ass' project)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Mmm... Sounds ambitious... and promising. Let's see how this goes :)

frumplstlskn
Regular

#5 Post by frumplstlskn »

You should look somewhere else for an artist because this place isn't the deepest talent pool in that department.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#6 Post by kara24601 »

That's harsh. Sure , not everyone here is nor can be a great artist...but we do have some amazing artists here. The problem is that I haven't seen them post much and when they do they seem to limit their posts to art related threads or in the rare case that they're working on a game already.

NoMoreStars
Regular

#7 Post by NoMoreStars »

Why dont you try looking for artists from http://www.deviantart.com.However i would search around asking people rather than posting a forum notice...Lots of newbs sign up for projects and never follow through with their promises.

I would offer but im already working on my own project.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#8 Post by Vatina »

Whoa that sounds interesting.
I'd like to help out... but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to draw about 300 images for you at this time of year ^^; (exams, job-search and such...)

I can't animate anyway :P

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by DaFool »

Rika-chan has had experience animating shorts for a class, and I happen to work at an animation studio (as a non-artist :? ) where I got a crash course in fundamentals as well as hands-on in Flash (a little bit on traditional too, but mostly posturing -- animation paper is expensive :x )

I guess if we provided a basic layout, there should be plenty of inkers, CG artists and colorists out there.

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#10 Post by Mirielle »

This sounds really intriguing. I'll be sure to audition when it comes time for voices, but I think that this definately sounds like something to watch out for.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#11 Post by mikey »

DaFool wrote:Just to clarify, this is a fully animated visual novel that really needs to use the 'No-Skip' option.
... so it's like a budget anime then?

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

Yup. Except all the pans / zooms and other 'budget anime techniques' will actually feel more natural, because, uh, Ren'Py was built for them :D

I timed one chapter, and I estimate the whole thing plays roughly around 20 minutes. So yeah, one-shot OVA done entirely in Ren'Py.

The only thing now is to make sure the filesize of those images don't exceed 175mb total...because, otherwise, just make a video :P

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by monele »

The only thing now is to make sure the filesize of those images don't exceed 175mb total...because, otherwise, just make a video
Haha ^.^ Good point :)

Jake
Support Hero

#14 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:The only thing now is to make sure the filesize of those images don't exceed 175mb total...because, otherwise, just make a video :P
Yeah, but think about it - it'd be a video you could add extra scenes to at minimal cost, you'd already have all the BGs downloaded. It's not like anime series don't reuse BGs as well! ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by DaFool »

Okay, I'm now fully on this project, regardless if other people want in or not.

Sorry for the delay, Rika-chan.

I will need to change some code in the beginning as well, as I'm thinking of adding more panning.