Stitched [Fantasy, Steampunk, KN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BlackFurushima

Re: Stitched [Fantasy, Steampunk, KN]

#16 Post by BlackFurushima »

Aines445 wrote:
BlackFurushima wrote: Man, I never got around to that one. I suck at bullet-hell games, so playing through them was a lot of pain for me... But then I discovered the Touhoumon games and it was all good. XD
Lol I also sucked at bullet-hell games, but one day I finished imperishable night. I have been playing on normal and hard ever since XD, and touhoumon can be pretty hard, just saying.
BlackFurushima wrote: I used to watch my sisters play video games all the time and that's one of the things that got me into writing. Probably the one that changed my life was Kingdom Hearts~
Yeah I liked Kingdom Hearts, and I guess I used to watch my brother and then decided to play myself, even if I didn't know english, and in the end, I got to learn english and if I didn't, I bet my life would dramatically change.
BlackFurushima wrote: Yeah, she's actually an artist I've been a fan of for quite some time, so I was really excited when I found out she was doing commissions. :D
Wow, I never really been a fan of any particular artist, I really just looked at it and would say it's good XD. But I guess good for you, because that really made me curious of how the art will be ^-^.
BlackFurushima wrote: I'm actually terrible at descriptions (That's why I got into making visual novels) but all you really need to do use whatever adjectives come to mind, even the forbidden ones (big, nice, happy, etc.) and then use a lovely little thing called a thesaurus. As for the problems, I have those kinds of things all the time. You have no idea how many unfinished projects are sitting in my renpy dock, gathering hypothetical dust. The best thing to do when you are thinking about a project is the organize your ideas using an outline or a list of plot points. Write out a sequence of events on a piece of paper, then mark the events that should be plot twists and what order they should go in. But that's just for pre-writing.
Yeah a visual novel's cool because you don't need to describe the visuals that are already there as much :D, but there's such a thing as forbidden adjectives? Those sounded like adjectives I use to decribe things (Oh no....XD), and sorry for my ignorance or english not being my language, what's a thesaurus? *Feels EVEN more dumb* V.V, yeah I'm not so knowlegeable on that kind of stuff <.<. *Ahem* Well, I haven't even started doing in renpy yet, because I'm trying to get around seeing if I can do sprite art and CGs and all, I'm practicing a lot (And art's my strongest point T_T), lol as I said, for everything practice makes perfect, well maybe not for everything but most things XD. And doing plot outlines seems like a good idea, but that's pre-writing? I mostly like to write while I script but maybe I really shouldn't (Lol that makes way too many typos XD).
BlackFurushima wrote: I was thinking of something bouncy for Bern and including accordions, to keep with the circus theme. Then something mysterious for Scarlet, perhaps a violin solo. Lucifer... I have no idea, but Stitches would have a calm little music box or piano while Fabian a really creepy and distorted music box.
Yeah that sounds really good, especially for Scarlet, I really think that would suit her (And lol you don't know for Lucifer made me laugh XD), and also for Stiches, it sounds really fiting.
BlackFurushima wrote: Haha! I don't mind the 100 posts; it actually helps me think and gives me something to look forward to~
Great! ^-^ I also really like to comment and help so that's great, and I guess even touhou makes you think? (Just kidding XD).
Touhoumon's not as hard for me because I grew up with Pokemon and practically played it ALL THE FLIPPIN' TIME. Touhoumon was fun for me since it was like Pokemon on hard mode AND it actually made me want to catch them all. XD

Your native language isn't English....? O__o I never would've guessed!

I usually become fans of certain artists when their style appeals to me or they draw fanart for a lot of stuff I like. In this case, it's both.

'Forbidden adjectives' are adjectives that are too generic and bland to appeal to the reader. I used to use them a lot too until I found a thesaurus, which finds words that mean to same thing. For example, let's say you look up the word 'big' in a thesaurus. When you found the entry, you would see a list of words like 'large, gigantic, huge, gargantuan, humongous, etc.'. People use thesauruses to find words that mean the same thing but sound cooler and are more descriptive. There are online thesauruses that you can use too. Pre-Writing is doing exercises and planning out certain things before you actually start writing a story. There's no correct way to do it, but a lot of people use outlines before they write. Let me know if you need help with anything else and good luck!

Do you have any ideas for Lucifer? It should feel a little quirky and silly, like this: ----> https://soundcloud.com/solo-acapello/red-herring But I really don't know what instruments would fit him.... Maybe some percussion to represent his metallic side? I don't have a clue...

Hee~ Not it's not Touhou, just other people in general. That's why I always get critique on my work from like, twenty people before I'm satisfied; I just like to discuss things with others.

Aines445
Regular

#17 Post by Aines445 »

BlackFurushima wrote: Touhoumon's not as hard for me because I grew up with Pokemon and practically played it ALL THE FLIPPIN' TIME. Touhoumon was fun for me since it was like Pokemon on hard mode AND it actually made me want to catch them all. XD
Oh, well, I barely played pokemon, and only knew some stuff because of a lets play I watched, or I wouldn't really know the gameplay XD. And yeah, I would totally want to catch those girls, nice spellcards.....XD (Marisa's the best in touhoumon, just saying XD)And the touhoumon games were pretty hard, I'm not a fan of grinding >.<, but I did enjoy it.
BlackFurushima wrote: Your native language isn't English....? O__o I never would've guessed!
Really? 0.0....Wow.....I thought I had some issues with the grammar and all, so I kind of thought someone would guess XD. But I kinda grew up with english and listening to english stuff and playing english games.....And I kind of became bilingual XD (Yeah, my mind only works in english now, but I still speak my own language fluently of course (WTF Why wouldn't I?! I was born with my native language damnit myself XD)) But your english is pretty good, so is it your native language I wonder? I also wouldn't be able to guess XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: I usually become fans of certain artists when their style appeals to me or they draw fanart for a lot of stuff I like. In this case, it's both.
Uh....<.<... Well, I never really check for the artists name <.<....And never really payed attention to that kind of thing <.<......I only look at the art itself and say if it's good or bad.....<.<......I wonder if that's rude or bad?....If so I guess I'm sorry XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: 'Forbidden adjectives' are adjectives that are too generic and bland to appeal to the reader. I used to use them a lot too until I found a thesaurus, which finds words that mean to same thing. For example, let's say you look up the word 'big' in a thesaurus. When you found the entry, you would see a list of words like 'large, gigantic, huge, gargantuan, humongous, etc.'. People use thesauruses to find words that mean the same thing but sound cooler and are more descriptive. There are online thesauruses that you can use too. Pre-Writing is doing exercises and planning out certain things before you actually start writing a story. There's no correct way to do it, but a lot of people use outlines before they write. Let me know if you need help with anything else and good luck!
OOOOooooooohhhhh.......Makes sense! ^-^ But I personally like more casual narration, it feels more human, so I never really thought of those adjectives as bad, but it does make it funnier (Lol wut? No XD) with other adjectives. And damn, so that's what its for *feels dumb*, that name sounds like a dinossaur or something (I wonder if that's a typo) XD (Not that I really thought it was a dinossaur I'm not THAT dumb XD). I guess I'm just so lazy that pre-writing never really came to mind? Well, like how I'm just terrible and barely put guidelines in my drawings out of laziness (and those are REAAAALLY important!), but I guess I should really start doing some of that. My real weakness in creativity though, are ANTAGONISTS XD. Like really, I have a conflict that could only be caused by an antagonist, but then I'm like "WAAAIT, what's his motive?" and totally screw it up XD. (XD OVERLOAD "Oh nevermind that HUUUGE amount of XD's" (Lol)) And you shouldn't be wishing me luck, I'm not really doing anything XD, I should be saying good luck to YOU, since you're working hard and all, I'm just sitting on my computer watching some videos XD (I DO think about my creative ideas daily though, I should really write them down or something, I'm too forgetful), but thanks, that's really nice, and helping me and me being dumb and not knowing stuff so you have to go out of your way to explain it to me XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: Do you have any ideas for Lucifer? It should feel a little quirky and silly, like this: ----> https://soundcloud.com/solo-acapello/red-herring But I really don't know what instruments would fit him.... Maybe some percussion to represent his metallic side? I don't have a clue...
Hmmm... I guess a mix between insane, circus-ish and metallic? (Insane wut XD) I'm really not the best person though, I'm no musician *Likes to sing A LOT * XD, but I seriously am as Clueless as you. (Combine being forgetful with being indecise (Might be a typo), a deadly combination that I happen to have XD).
BlackFurushima wrote: Hee~ Not it's not Touhou, just other people in general. That's why I always get critique on my work from like, twenty people before I'm satisfied; I just like to discuss things with others.
When I said it was because of touhou, I was kidding but Okay XD. I never really get any critiques from others on my art except for my closest family (Like 2 people XD), but I really do like to discuss my work with others, and I really like to discuss my ideas with others, and overall, I like to talk to people (I am ironicly (Possible typo) said to be shy and weird XD), so I do like to help people this way XD. So I also like to discuss things with others ^-^ . AAAAaaaand, I said that I should say good luck to you, so yeah, Good luck! ^-^ (Really? That was just weird XD)

BlackFurushima

#18 Post by BlackFurushima »

UPDATE!!
The character sprites are done! As well as some key programming! The story is really bugging the heck out of me, some I'm taking a hiatus from actually writing to finish more of my outlines and see how many CGs I'll need. Wish me luck!

BlackFurushima

#19 Post by BlackFurushima »

Aines445 wrote:
BlackFurushima wrote: Touhoumon's not as hard for me because I grew up with Pokemon and practically played it ALL THE FLIPPIN' TIME. Touhoumon was fun for me since it was like Pokemon on hard mode AND it actually made me want to catch them all. XD
Oh, well, I barely played pokemon, and only knew some stuff because of a lets play I watched, or I wouldn't really know the gameplay XD. And yeah, I would totally want to catch those girls, nice spellcards.....XD (Marisa's the best in touhoumon, just saying XD)And the touhoumon games were pretty hard, I'm not a fan of grinding >.<, but I did enjoy it.
BlackFurushima wrote: Your native language isn't English....? O__o I never would've guessed!
Really? 0.0....Wow.....I thought I had some issues with the grammar and all, so I kind of thought someone would guess XD. But I kinda grew up with english and listening to english stuff and playing english games.....And I kind of became bilingual XD (Yeah, my mind only works in english now, but I still speak my own language fluently of course (WTF Why wouldn't I?! I was born with my native language damnit myself XD)) But your english is pretty good, so is it your native language I wonder? I also wouldn't be able to guess XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: I usually become fans of certain artists when their style appeals to me or they draw fanart for a lot of stuff I like. In this case, it's both.
Uh....<.<... Well, I never really check for the artists name <.<....And never really payed attention to that kind of thing <.<......I only look at the art itself and say if it's good or bad.....<.<......I wonder if that's rude or bad?....If so I guess I'm sorry XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: 'Forbidden adjectives' are adjectives that are too generic and bland to appeal to the reader. I used to use them a lot too until I found a thesaurus, which finds words that mean to same thing. For example, let's say you look up the word 'big' in a thesaurus. When you found the entry, you would see a list of words like 'large, gigantic, huge, gargantuan, humongous, etc.'. People use thesauruses to find words that mean the same thing but sound cooler and are more descriptive. There are online thesauruses that you can use too. Pre-Writing is doing exercises and planning out certain things before you actually start writing a story. There's no correct way to do it, but a lot of people use outlines before they write. Let me know if you need help with anything else and good luck!
OOOOooooooohhhhh.......Makes sense! ^-^ But I personally like more casual narration, it feels more human, so I never really thought of those adjectives as bad, but it does make it funnier (Lol wut? No XD) with other adjectives. And damn, so that's what its for *feels dumb*, that name sounds like a dinossaur or something (I wonder if that's a typo) XD (Not that I really thought it was a dinossaur I'm not THAT dumb XD). I guess I'm just so lazy that pre-writing never really came to mind? Well, like how I'm just terrible and barely put guidelines in my drawings out of laziness (and those are REAAAALLY important!), but I guess I should really start doing some of that. My real weakness in creativity though, are ANTAGONISTS XD. Like really, I have a conflict that could only be caused by an antagonist, but then I'm like "WAAAIT, what's his motive?" and totally screw it up XD. (XD OVERLOAD "Oh nevermind that HUUUGE amount of XD's" (Lol)) And you shouldn't be wishing me luck, I'm not really doing anything XD, I should be saying good luck to YOU, since you're working hard and all, I'm just sitting on my computer watching some videos XD (I DO think about my creative ideas daily though, I should really write them down or something, I'm too forgetful), but thanks, that's really nice, and helping me and me being dumb and not knowing stuff so you have to go out of your way to explain it to me XD.
BlackFurushima wrote: Do you have any ideas for Lucifer? It should feel a little quirky and silly, like this: ----> https://soundcloud.com/solo-acapello/red-herring But I really don't know what instruments would fit him.... Maybe some percussion to represent his metallic side? I don't have a clue...
Hmmm... I guess a mix between insane, circus-ish and metallic? (Insane wut XD) I'm really not the best person though, I'm no musician *Likes to sing A LOT * XD, but I seriously am as Clueless as you. (Combine being forgetful with being indecise (Might be a typo), a deadly combination that I happen to have XD).
BlackFurushima wrote: Hee~ Not it's not Touhou, just other people in general. That's why I always get critique on my work from like, twenty people before I'm satisfied; I just like to discuss things with others.
When I said it was because of touhou, I was kidding but Okay XD. I never really get any critiques from others on my art except for my closest family (Like 2 people XD), but I really do like to discuss my work with others, and I really like to discuss my ideas with others, and overall, I like to talk to people (I am ironicly (Possible typo) said to be shy and weird XD), so I do like to help people this way XD. So I also like to discuss things with others ^-^ . AAAAaaaand, I said that I should say good luck to you, so yeah, Good luck! ^-^ (Really? That was just weird XD)
Pokemon was fun for me because of all the OTHER random things you could do that wasn't battling, like the contests and making pokeblocks/poffins. The battling wasn't really fun to me unless I was actually playing with a physical person. And I always chose Sakuya or sometimes Reimu. I didn't know Marisa was that good...

Yeah, its my native language but I also have a lot of Spanish locked up in this here head. And trust me, my friend, there are people who's native language is English, yet they throw all manner of spelling, grammar, and punctuation out the window.

It's not rude at all! That just means that you pay more attention to the art than the artist, which is good for critiquing.

Well, yeah, you can use those adjectives for dialogue, but when you're describing during narration, it's not like saying something's 'interesting' is going to tell the reader anything. It doesn't have to be fancy; just detailed enough to give the reader an image in their minds. The fact that your antagonists have motives is a really good thing! The best thing to do for writing is to blur the line between good and evil as much as possible, creating confusion and conflict for your poor little protagonist. >:3 Don't worry; you're not the only one. I'm lazy AND a procrastinator, quite a terrible combination.

Nah, I found something that suit him based on your suggestions! Thanks!

Aines445
Regular

#20 Post by Aines445 »

BlackFurushima wrote:
UPDATE!!
The character sprites are done! As well as some key programming! The story is really bugging the heck out of me, some I'm taking a hiatus from actually writing to finish more of my outlines and see how many CGs I'll need. Wish me luck!
Wow finally! ^-^ Damn, it looks pretty cool. Fabian looks REALLY cool, and Lucifer's just how I would imagine him, and the others look really nice too. Wow, you must do a lot of planning (X.X), that's a good thing. Good luck! (I could've done this at the end of the reply, but now you're getting double good lucks XD).
BlackFurushima wrote: Pokemon was fun for me because of all the OTHER random things you could do that wasn't battling, like the contests and making pokeblocks/poffins. The battling wasn't really fun to me unless I was actually playing with a physical person. And I always chose Sakuya or sometimes Reimu. I didn't know Marisa was that good...
That reminds me of Final Fantasy VII, like:
"Tiffa: Sephiroth's right there waiting for the final boss fight"
"Cloud: ......Forget that! Let's do some chocobo racing!!" (XD)
So I guess it was fun, I liked being interviewed in touhoumon, I could just say the most ridiculous stuff, but Aya would still say I'm awesome XD. Hmm....I guess I'm the opposite, I like magic and stuff, but Marisa's thunder magic (Should I call it that I wonder?) is really strong, her only really bad weakness is earth type, but she would kill everything else easily for me, so I'd always choose her in the beggining, but Sakuya's also very strong, I agree on that.
BlackFurushima wrote: Yeah, its my native language but I also have a lot of Spanish locked up in this here head. And trust me, my friend, there are people who's native language is English, yet they throw all manner of spelling, grammar, and punctuation out the window.
If it weren't your native language, I'd be surprised too XD, I actually suck at spanish, but I'm good at portuguese (Portugal Portuguese, not Brazilian, they're different in some of the grammar), which is very ironic X.X. Wow I don't really like to make mistakes or typos in my writing, grammar or pronounciation of english to be better understood, but there are native english speakers that are like that...
BlackFurushima wrote: It's not rude at all! That just means that you pay more attention to the art than the artist, which is good for critiquing.
Hmm...I guess so, but I mostly classify it in the general "That's good" and "That's bad" kind of thing, only if someone asks me to critique it or I'm bored or I feel like I should do that will I go into a lot of details, I'm a very simple-minded person.
BlackFurushima wrote: Well, yeah, you can use those adjectives for dialogue, but when you're describing during narration, it's not like saying something's 'interesting' is going to tell the reader anything. It doesn't have to be fancy; just detailed enough to give the reader an image in their minds. The fact that your antagonists have motives is a really good thing! The best thing to do for writing is to blur the line between good and evil as much as possible, creating confusion and conflict for your poor little protagonist. >:3 Don't worry; you're not the only one. I'm lazy AND a procrastinator, quite a terrible combination.

Nah, I found something that suit him based on your suggestions! Thanks!
Yeah, one of my biggest problems in writing is descriptions, I should really write more often, besides, writing is pretty good to pass time ^-^. Wow poor protagonist XD, yeah making an antagonist hate you for no reason makes no sense, so it really is a good thing. Well, no one's perfect, but we're all still awesome anyways XD.

Really? I really thought that I wouldn't be of that much help in that kind of stuff, (Ironicly, I thought really hard about the adjectives that I put XD) Music's not my best area of expertise (I bet I ruined that word XD) But oh well, Good luck! (2x XD)