Prince of Tennis: Dating Sim (56k Warning.Image heavy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Omi

Prince of Tennis: Dating Sim (56k Warning.Image heavy)

#1 Post by Omi »

EDIT: Sorry for the extremely long wait for news on this project. Long story short, stuff happens. My interest in this project is renewed recently, though-- I'll try to keep this updated with any news/new developments.

I'm a large fan of the Prince of Tennis anime/manga, so, I thought it would be a great project and learning experience to work on a dating sim for it. I'm still learning to code for it, so, most of the progress is/will be just tests/experiments for awhile.

The story isn't set in stone quite yet. I want to be comfortable coding everything first before I flesh out the details.

I'll try to update my progress every now and then. Here's what I've done so far--

Most recent screencap:

The characters actually have looping animations (of blinking and scary eyes) in the game. :"D

Character Expression Sets (in animated gif form):

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by Omi on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

Woooh ^^ This screams Visual Quality :D. Shonen love, though, ne? :)

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#3 Post by dizzcity »

Is that.. Fuji? And Tezuka-sama! :D (Although they're both thinner than I remember them to be from the manga/anime... but ah well, that's bishonen for you.) Lovely graphics.

Not sure exactly how you're going to pull off a believable romance between the 3rd-years and the coach's granddaughter, but go you! (You know, now that I think about it, there's some potential for PoT to be similar to Ouran High Host Club...)

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

Omi

#4 Post by Omi »

Ah, no its not going to be shonen love. It'll be whatever the gender the user is with whatever character they choose. XD;;;

And, no, Sakuno (the coach's daughter) isn't the main character. She'll either be a guide or end up being one of the characters you can go for.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

Woah, cool then! I was sad I couldn't really play and enjoy it to the fullest ^__^... Now I want to play this!... How should I say.... "Buuuurrrning~!"

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#6 Post by lordcloudx »

Sakuno looks really cute... I bet this would be extremely popular with the rabid fangirls if you include guy x guy relationships.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

chisa-chan
Regular

#7 Post by chisa-chan »

lordcloudx wrote:I bet this would be extremely popular with the rabid fangirls if you include guy x guy relationships.
That is what I hope at first :P
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#8 Post by lordcloudx »

Ah! My statement stands. One thing I was looking for in prince of tennis was for Tezuka to say: Echizen, I am your faaather!
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#9 Post by kara24601 »

Woah , this looks cool!

( yep don't have anything more intelligent to add )

:D

annnalicia

Re: Prince of Tennis: Dating Sim (56k Warning.Image heavy)

#10 Post by annnalicia »

wow that looks really good! I hope you update information about it soon!

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#11 Post by n9261andvari »

KYAAAAAAAH!!! XD Fuji-sama to Tezuka-sama!!!
I wish you the very best of luck! And I can't wait for the release. Please do inform us all on the progress!
Woooh ^^ This screams Visual Quality :D
Oh, I have to agree with that! *swoons*

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

#12 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

YAY! A Tenipuri game! I love playing tenipuri dating sims (doujin and official). I hope you have all of Seigaku in the game (not just Tezuka and Fuji). I wanted to make a PoT dating sim myself, (Hyotei though) but I never followed through with it. Your art looks familiar I think I may have seen your fan art else where? Anyway it looks great I can't wait to see more.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re:

#13 Post by Otaku Dash »

chisa-chan wrote:
lordcloudx wrote:I bet this would be extremely popular with the rabid fangirls if you include guy x guy relationships.
That is what I hope at first :P
I know tons of girls around here that would probably crow you their leader if that happened! XD

When you finish it I'll be sure to spread the word ;) ^^
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

marrieX

#14 Post by marrieX »

What table tennis paddle is right for me? I have been playing table tennis for a couple years, and recently I have started to play more and get more serious. I joined a table tennis club at school, and am going to get a table for my house. I currently have a Donic Waldner 400 paddle, a $10.00 beginner paddle that I bought just to have something to use. Now I want to upgrade to something better, but I have found that picking the blade and rubbers is confusing, with many different factors that come into play. I would consider my playing style to be allround with spin while looking for oppurtunities to hit a driving shot. Does anyone have an idea of a paddle or combination of blade and rubbers that would be a good upgrade for not too much money?
Last edited by marrieX on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by DaFool »

Spambot technology has reached a whole new level :lol:

I was wondering who on earth would resurrect a WIP thread more than 2 years old. No human should... and it turns out I was right!

Basically it seems to search for threads with keyword 'Tennis' then write a simulated-human-like response to it, pitching a product in an offhand manner.