The last day - NaNoRenO idea

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
rasburn
Regular

The last day - NaNoRenO idea

#1 Post by rasburn »

Hey everyone! I've decided that I'd like to participate in NaNoRenO in March, and I thought of an idea I might want to try. I'm posting in the ideas forum instead of "NaNoRenO progress" since this is still an idea and hasn't started yet.

Anyone who wants to join me, just let me know! :D Regardless of if you're a writer, artist, programmer, musician. No skills are needed, and I just want to have fun and make a game. I can't guarantee top quality though :lol: so if that's a dealbreaker you might not want to join. Well then, on to the idea itself:

Intro
Elisabeth is a girl who lives in a small quiet German village and who enjoys stargazing, and one night she stumbles upon a small schack out in the woods. Inside she meets the scientist Karl, who claims the world is about to end - and that he can stop that from happening by turning back time. At first she thinks he is mad, but the following day things that Elisabeth did seems to have been undone. Will Elisabeth ever be able to meet her parents again, who are out of town and can not return? When the people of the village are forced to relive the same day, will they be able to live their normal lives? And does any of them have anything to do with Karl's prophecy?

Setting
An interactive Mystery / Investigation game.
Learn more about the people of the village, but not without consequence as everyone keeps their memories when the day repeats. Who can and who cannot be trusted? What are Elisabeth's friends hiding? Find allies and combine leads to find out more about the end of the world.
  • Can the world be saved in some way?
  • Must the same day repeat for the rest of eternity?
  • Will it be better in the end to stop turning back time and let the world end?
  • What happens when you die, if the day repeats?
Gameplay
It would be fun to make something similar to Ace Attorney (during investigation phase) where you walk around to different locations and talk to people (and pick up stuff). Maybe involve a timer so that only a certain amount of actions can be done before the day repeats. Note that all the people will remember stuff from previous days, but items will return to where they were (only souls are sent back in time).

Soooooo... please let me know if you want to join! :wink: If you don't want you, please tell me whether this kind of story would be interesting to read for you.

Shad12ow
Regular
Projects: Kage's Room

Re: The last day - NaNoRenO idea

#2 Post by Shad12ow »

At first, this story remind me of the light novel Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria on the first volume.
Well, the story is interesting for me. I do enjoy a bit of mystery every now and then. And I'm curious as how she "realize" that the world is repeating itself. That may be the trick of the story.

Good luck then! Hope to see this come into a good one!

rasburn
Regular

#3 Post by rasburn »

Shad12ow wrote:At first, this story remind me of the light novel Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria on the first volume.
Well, the story is interesting for me. I do enjoy a bit of mystery every now and then. And I'm curious as how she "realize" that the world is repeating itself. That may be the trick of the story.

Good luck then! Hope to see this come into a good one!
Oh really? I haven't read that one, or heard about it :P Might be interesting to check it out

Yeah, you kinda guessed right! In my idea so far, it's not supposed to be super obvious at first that the world is repeating. How and when she finds out might have something to do with why things are happening in the first place ;) Maybe there can be different branches where you get to guess why the world is ending, and then there's a true branch where you find out the truth.

And thanks for showing your support!

Kessie
Regular

#4 Post by Kessie »

Heya, I'm interested in co-writing this if you'll have me. :D
For a sample of my writing please refer to my post in:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 47&t=19125

I'm not familiar with writing in the mystery genre specifically but I'm up for the challenge.

rasburn
Regular

#5 Post by rasburn »

It's great you want to join! :D I read through your story in that other thread, and it sounded interesting too. I think we won't have any problems working together.

I'd like to send you a PM with some of the ideas I have for the story so far (and some spoilers I shouldn't put in this thread :P). Of course I'm very open to changes about anything! I'll send the ideas to you later when I've written them down properly.

Shad12ow
Regular

#6 Post by Shad12ow »

Kessie wrote:Heya, I'm interested in co-writing this if you'll have me. :D

I'm not familiar with writing in the mystery genre specifically but I'm up for the challenge.
Wow! Your writing is very interesting. I like it!

Ah yes, I don't know if I can help much since I can't draw and I only know Ren'Py a little, but if I can be an idea bouncer or some sort, I'll be glad to help since your idea is very interesting. As I said before, it remind me of that light novel since that light novel revolve used the "repeating time" theme very often, and I like that light novel.
Well, give some call if I can help you. Good luck then! :mrgreen:

Kessie
Regular

#7 Post by Kessie »

Shad12ow wrote:
Kessie wrote:Heya, I'm interested in co-writing this if you'll have me. :D

Wow! Your writing is very interesting. I like it!

Ah yes, I don't know if I can help much since I can't draw and I only know Ren'Py a little, but if I can be an idea bouncer or some sort, I'll be glad to help since your idea is very interesting. As I said before, it remind me of that light novel since that light novel revolve used the "repeating time" theme very often, and I like that light novel.
Aww, thankyou~! :mrgreen:

rasburn
Regular

#8 Post by rasburn »

Shad12ow wrote: Ah yes, I don't know if I can help much since I can't draw and I only know Ren'Py a little, but if I can be an idea bouncer or some sort, I'll be glad to help since your idea is very interesting. As I said before, it remind me of that light novel since that light novel revolve used the "repeating time" theme very often, and I like that light novel.
Of course, If you want to help that sounds great! Unless you are afraid of spoilers I'll message you my ideas as well then? :)

Shad12ow
Regular

#9 Post by Shad12ow »

Nope! Spoiler never bothered me in my whole life! Hehehe...
Message away then!

rasburn
Regular

#10 Post by rasburn »

I've sent the message now :)

Also I'd like to know if you join, if you are open to releasing the result with a creative commons license. It's basically so that if anyone wants to use the work in any way (add graphics, extend the story or use part of it in another story) they may do so if they give credit to the original creators.

Shad12ow
Regular

#11 Post by Shad12ow »

I'm good with that.No problem with me.