Magical Boutique II [MB1 spoilers!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re: Magical Boutique II [MB1 spoilers!]

#211 Post by Otaku Dash »

You sure don't make things easy on me do you monele? :P

Fram looks so adorable and cute in that that feels like it just screams "I wanna be snuggled!!" XD :D

But... my emily... I still have emily... OH GOD WHAT DO DO!!! T_T *sobs* XD
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#212 Post by DaFool »

What were you aiming for btw?
The bass is too complicated. I think for something anime-OP-ish, something simple BA-BOOM BA-BOOM might work.

I was just practicing the extreme tune changes within a short time span that is necessary for OP-style music.

I'll have to listen to my Sky Girls OP again, it has the type of simple happy bass which should fit better.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#213 Post by musical74 »

Let's see....continue carrying on relationship with Cute Emily but date Fram on the side because she's so adorable and deserves to be dated too...but....what happens if one catches me with the other? Ummmm...

Those are great pictures monele...I'm jealous (heck, I'm lucky if I can do stick figures well!) One question on the music......how much MB (that's megabytes, not Magical Boutique :P ) will adding music bring up the total to? i.e. will it go from 7 to 10 MB or will it go from 7 to 25 MB? Just wondering....
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#214 Post by monele »

It depends how long and compressed the tunes are but I guess it might be +5 to +10mb? It also depends on how many we'll have in the end too ^^;... Let's just say we don't really know at this point. Too early to tell :).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#215 Post by DaFool »

how much MB (that's megabytes, not Magical Boutique ) will adding music bring up the total to?
Being a fellow dial-up user, be assured that I do my utmost to minimize footprint all throughout the design process. Since MB music is a bit more lively (compared, to say, NT's music), I use a minimum 96kbps rate which is an absolute minimum already for ok quality. Also, we also will undergo a process of elimination so that each tune will be reused a lot so we can also cut down to a minimum.

Regarding art, last I heard it seems monele will be able to handle everything with drawings and filtered photos, so it doesn't seem like much either.

I don't think we'll be hitting 20 mb... I think the final game will be around 16~18mb more or less. (Of course, it's just barely begun...)