A Missing Memoir

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
M12
Veteran

A Missing Memoir

#1 Post by M12 »

I have begun working on my major project, titled A Missing Memoir. I have started writing the script. Anyway, here is a promo picture :-).
I am in need of a music composer. Right now, my plan is to find one at a music college near my area. I am worried that they'll charge me a lot though =O. Would anyone here be interested?
Thanks 8).
Attachments
mm_promo.jpg

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#2 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Nice picture. If I had any talent with music, I would definitely volunteer to help. But as I am musically-instrumentally challenged, I think it would be better if I ducked out. XD

Can't wait for this game. So far, looking very nice.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

I'm curious what quotation they would give you, though. I've always been thinking what it takes to hire the local university music majors (i.e. around 4 or 5 of them -- enough to make a chamber orchestra).

Using chamber music is a positive trend for the acg industry. Before they were just content with synthesizers (around the nineties or so). Of course, the big shot productions will always afford a full orchestra.

I'm currently fully booked, but keep in touch.

M12
Veteran

#4 Post by M12 »

Hey everyone. I have managed to find a composer, some voice talents. The script is done. Now, the project can finally commence.

I hope to finish the project by August-September. Hope you will look forward to it :).

I composed this graphic today:
Attachments
output.jpg

M12
Veteran

#5 Post by M12 »

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if there are any lyric writers out there? I would like to have an insert song for this project, but I am no good with writing lyrics. If anyone is interested in helping, please let me out. Full credit will be given, of course. Thank you.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#6 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Yeah, I'm a lyric writer. If you like, I could PM you a sample.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

M12
Veteran

#7 Post by M12 »

Hi Sailor Kitty. Yes, please do PM me a sample. Thanks heaps.

Mint
Regular

Re: A Missing Memoir

#8 Post by Mint »

The promo pics look so good!
Keep it up :D!!!

M12
Veteran

#9 Post by M12 »

Thanks for that Mint. I'm going to work hard.
As mentioned, this is supposed to be a major project for university. That's why, I'm thinking of delivering it in more than one medium. So, we'll have the game itself. Then I'm also thinking of producing perhaps an original soundtrack, and/or a drama CD, etc etc. Has anyone got more ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks 8).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by DaFool »

ML wrote:Thanks for that Mint. I'm going to work hard.
As mentioned, this is supposed to be a major project for university. That's why, I'm thinking of delivering it in more than one medium. So, we'll have the game itself. Then I'm also thinking of producing perhaps an original soundtrack, and/or a drama CD, etc etc. Has anyone got more ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks 8).
You must make a Limited Edition Tin collection that contains the game CD, the original soundtrack music CD, the drama CD, a small plushie doll or sock puppet, some trinket like a necklace.

Also, make an Official Artbook that contains all the production sketches and hi-res scans of the art, you can package it with the LE Tin or not.

Now, if you really have time, you can take the Flash Animation and work on it some more so you can export a mini-OVA and put it on a special DVD that goes with the LE Tin.

You can also include a PDF where you can print out and cut out paper dolls of your characters, which can be assembled.

And if you have money, you can commission a PVC mold of your characters.

Of course, I am going overboard here in standard bishoujo game marketing machine tactics, but some items are actually doable from a university student's perspective.

M12
Veteran

#11 Post by M12 »

After months of work, the game is nearly done at last. I'm just waiting for the voices and theme song now. I would like to share the menu screen with you guys. Here it is :). I would like this project to be different to my previous, The Sight of Autumn. For one, the soundtrack is more sophisticated. Not the music, but the sound effects. I have compiled some multi-layered tracks. When you play the game, I hope you will be able to notice it. Also, I tried to give the story more depth. Anyway, thanks for reading this. Please look forward to it.
Attachments
menus.JPG

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

I remember when ML first posted a promo pic on VisualNews for The Sight of Autumn and he got sort of brushed off to go to Lemmasoft. In all honesty, I wasn't too sure of the project either.

But the Sight of Autumn blew me away. It had among the highest production values, and professional-quality resources, and it wasn't even a Ren'Py game.

The looks of this project, by the gathering of in-campus talents, makes me very hopeful. I'm thinking that harnessing the energy of semi-professionals in the area (such as in Felix, Gaijin, a major production no doubt) is the key.

M12
Veteran

#13 Post by M12 »

A Missing Memoir should have been ready months ago. There are four characters in the game. Cara, a nurse, the doctor, and Douglas. I have the voices for Cara and the nurse. But I don't have voices for the doctor and Douglas. In other words, the female voice talents have done their part, and the males haven't. At first, their responses were slow. Now, they aren't replying at all. Sigh. This is very frustrating. I'm wondering if there's anyone who can help out? Anyone who are willing to play those characters? They don't have that many lines, so the workload is quite okay. Please let me know. Thank you. I could really use some help.

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber
itch: dagitabsoft

#14 Post by MoonlightBomber »

I might be able to lend my voice to either of the two characters. I may be a newbie in amateur voice acting, but any help is better than none at all. PM me for instructions.
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#15 Post by rocket »

Hiya!

Not like I don't already have too much to do, but sure, I'd be happy to do a voice recording session. I have done public speaking and lectoring at our church so I am confident I can speak without total dorkiness, but I of course I have no idea how suitable my voice or manner would be for your characters...

Happy to give it a shot tho'!