DemonKissu! - Free Visual Novel in development!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
yarrmouse

DemonKissu! - Free Visual Novel in development!

#1 Post by yarrmouse »

Hello,
We're making a free VN, so it seems logical to share it with you :)

Right now we're collecting funds on IndieGoGo ( http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/demon-kissu ) and we would appreciate if you could tell us what you think about the game and its artwork. Also, let us know what else you would like to see in the upcoming updates :)

If you already like what you see please consider donating - the project is set to fixed funding, which means you'll get your money back if it doesn't reach its goal :)

Hope to hear some feedback from you guys! :)

Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

Re: DemonKissu! - Free Visual Novel in development!

#2 Post by Boomsickle »

I dont see how having an indiegogo and still calling it "Free" even works. In my mind if i pledge my money to this I'm practically preordering my copy. Might as well switch to commercial release.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#3 Post by Googaboga »

^I don't know about that, it is pretty unlikely every single person wants to/will play the game is going to pledge money. If the game does get funded and comes out I'm sure many people will play it for free. Besides the money you are spending gets you extra things so to me it seems more like getting a free game while paying for bonus content. So calling it "free" makes sense in my opinion. But if it does become commercial that's understandable as well.

Anyways I think the game looks quite nice. The art is pretty and the setting seems really fun. Good luck with your project C:
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

Is there a demo of the game somewhere? I don't know about other people, but I like to see a non-trivial demo of a game before participating in crowdfunding.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

There's a good number of boy x girls visual novels available in English, and some of them include non human love interests. According to what I saw on the VNDB, there are 20 which have at least a partial English patch/version and at least one demon heroine.

Think about what will help your story stand out. Do you want people to enjoy the plot? Is the fictional universe distinct and compelling? Are there memorable characters and relationships? In short, let us know what's unusual and interesting about the aspects of your game.

Also, don't forget to update your Indiegogo campaign with information, details, and (if possible) a demo. Once you add more content there, be sure to promote it.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

Huh, I missed this topic...

I like your idea but I really wish we had some more info. I see you mention updates, do you have a schedule or a decent amount of pre-determined information to be posted? I third a demo but anything would be nice by me. More information would definitely benefit you in the long run, I believe. It may draw in more people sooner.

That said, I DID say I like your idea. Most games with monster girls in English don't seem to do it for me by basic idea alone, with maybe one or two exceptions. I see a LOT of potential here and I hope it can live up to it. (But until we see more info... that's all I really know. That I see potential in what this could be.)