Puppets (otome/fantasy/sci-fi???)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
yukoneko

Puppets (otome/fantasy/sci-fi???)

#1 Post by yukoneko »

So after a year and half waiting for my artist friend to find her time to work with me on this project, I decided "Screw this!!! Who cares if I have crappy arts, I'm making it."

---------------------------------------------------------

PLOT:

\I'll start with the background story because the event takes place in the actual story is related to this:

This story takes place in a far future, or another world in another space...no one knows where it is. All we know is: it's a world different from ours, much, much different.

This is a world where technology and economy had reached its climax, and also its downfall. The most success, the proudest creation of this empire at its peak was the "Puppets." Born as replacement for household "pet" of rich family, They're neither human nor animals. They're "humanoid" of flesh and bone mixed from human genes and animals. Human-like appearance, but a mind and heart that of wildbeasts. These humanoids are well-known and well-liked because of their services value. You can use them for "anything" you wish to do...except murder. Each one is placed a tiny microchip in the brain when they were born. This chip's purpose is to give the owner full priority on their pet, and also acts as self-destruction button in case the humanoid has malfunctions and turns to rebel its owner. Human-like, part human genetic, but no free will or self-awareness. People mock, and called them "Puppets"

Puppets society is not so different from mankind. They're divided in classes based on intelligent, strength, re-flexibility, etc. The highest rank is S. Most of puppet are more like beast than human, they do not have high intelligent, and also can possess parts of animal on their bodies. Those in rank S has highly skill in strength; some even has a mind that surpasses even humans. They are extremely rare, and dangerous. Only military and filthy rich people can get their hands on those puppets. For Puppets are creature with longer life-span than human, it has become tradition and rule that each puppet can only have one master in their whole life. That is, to say, after the owner die, the puppet will be forced to die with them.

As the puppet popularity grows, so does its population. The number of puppets seen on the street increases by days. It was at such a time the gorvern started to have suspicious and fear toward their own creation. The rumors begins with the gossip from people in town about an organization of Puppets formed with purpose to rebels and enslave humans. Truth or not, no one knows, before anything can be resolved and investigated, an incident where a puppet killed its owner triggered the gorvern to begin the hunting and killing all Puppets in the country. History written this period as a war between humans and puppets, but in reality, it was just a Puppets' massacre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After 15 years, the Puppets hunting became less intense. And that's where our story begins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria (aka: you, the name is changeable) is a girl with no past. The first memories she has was 2 years ago when she woke up in an unknown house, an unknown place, facing an unfamiliar face...
Having no where to go, Ryo, the scientist who picked her up on the street, took her in, and they've lived together peacefully for 2 years; until one day, a mysterious guest comes to their house to look for Ryo. He said that he knew Aria, but "not" the Aria in front of right now and accuses her of being a fake, an impostor. The next day, just as Aria finished her shopping, a group of people wearing crying clown mask appeared and kidnapped her, saying they needed her mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is this happening? Who is she? Who is Aria? What's the truth?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, there are so many hidden material that I don't know where to start :cry:. I have the idea of how the story will go, some scenes and events are also plotted out (I try to not make it too long). But for the actual work, so far, I've only finished the opening for the story, a few sketches of CGs, 1 sprite and 2 BGs ( one of them is not even colored, and the other suck :lol: ). Anyway, right now, it's more like of an idea than a VN in progress.

I practically starts everything at zero (I don't know how to draw, and I'd never used photoshop until I decided to make this project). Though I have fun doing it, I seriously in need of helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTERS:

So....as the subject said, I want to make this an otome game, so there should be obtainable characters.

At the moment, there are 2 of them and one hidden character.

Aria (name changeable):

Description: a girl who has amnesia, she doesn't know who she was or where she came from.
(I still think I shouldn't use sprite for her, it's more fun when people imagine the character themselves)

Ryo

Description: The young scientist who picked Aria up from the street and took her in when she lost memories.

Laz

Description: The mysterious stranger who accused Aria of being a fake and impostor.

??? (hidden character)

Description: no one knows anything about him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG:

The BGs I've done so far:

ImageImage
ImageImage

eime-leen
Regular
Projects: I want to 'revive' my old projects one day...
Deviantart: eime-leen

Re: Puppets (otome/fantasy/sci-fi???)

#2 Post by eime-leen »

I think this is an interesting concept you have here.
Some questions that could help you with your ideas (or not):
-Are household pets (dogs, cats) non-existent?
-How are the puppets living creatures if they have a microchip in their brain?
-Due to the microchip, how easily can the puppets be controlled? Can the rank S puppets be controlled at all/do they have masters?
-How were the Puppets able to form an organization to rebel against humans?
-How did that one Puppet kill its owner when the owner could control it ("self-destruction button")?

I don't think your art is bad. It's pretty good for someone who just recently used photoshop! The night BG colours look nice. I apologize that I am not able to help you any further. Good luck with this project! :)

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#3 Post by Haze »

Gotta say, this sounds like it'll be a pretty interesting VN. I like how you had the government rewrite history to say that the murder of all the puppets was really a war. A corrupt government fits nicely with this kind of story, if you ask me.

Also, I agree with eime-leen: your art isn't that bad. The BGs are especially good.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

yukoneko

#4 Post by yukoneko »

Thank you eime-leen and Haze for your supports, they really gave me lots of courage :). Though nothing is completely in its place yet, I hope I can carry this on 'til the end.

@eime-leen: Thanks for asking questions, they helped me think more about the base for the story. Some of it is actually about the "hidden materials" I mentioned before. As you proceed into the story, the truth will be revealed little by little (is my intention, but would also mean more works to do :( )

-Are household pets (dogs, cats) non-existent?

No, Domestic pets are still existed and still have the same value as they are. People just prefer Puppets more because they can do more stuff than normal pets. In some senses - human senses (if you think of them as human) - purchasing Puppets and keeping them as pets are pretty much like slavery; but on the other hand, they are man-made, and even part of animals (which are inferior to human, right? At least some thinks so), so they're just merchandises in human-shape. There's no need to treat them as equal.

Urgh, it's pretty complicated when I said it out loud =x=.

-How are the puppets living creatures if they have a microchip in their brain?

This is the part that gives the story sci-fi smell :lol:. The procedure of making Puppets is more or less like making human clones. They were born and nurtured in "test-tube" until the body is fully grown; during that phase, the chip was place into their brain. I actually think of starfishes when I imagine this process. They clones, they grows fast to reach adult shape, then at adulthood stage, the growing decreases (which can be used as explanation to why they have longer life-span than human despite being born in test-tube).

Sci-fi has never been my specialty....

-Due to the microchip, how easily can the puppets be controlled? Can the rank S puppets be controlled at all/do they have masters?

The microchip doesn't act as a "do what I order you to do" button. It only gives the owner full priority to punish the puppets if they displease the owners, like...using specific orders, based on voices, the owner can transmit signals that sort of like electric waves to paralyze the puppet, for example. But the most important function of this chip is "self-destruction," in other words, the life of the puppet is always in its owner's hands. Controlling a normal pet is not easy, controlling a human-like pet is even harder. Though, most puppets are good nature, there can be some odds here and there. And learning to doubt and keep safe never is a waste of time. It's like you're keeping a loyal dog, but always afraid that someday it's gonna turn to bite your neck or something

Rank S puppets are more intelligent and stronger than normal ones, but they're just Puppets, and they do have masters.

-How were the Puppets able to form an organization to rebel against humans?

That's one thing I don't know either, because it's a rumor, and rumors are mix of lie and truth.

-How did that one Puppet kill its owner when the owner could control it ("self-destruction button")?

The truth for this question lies somewhere in the story :lol:.

Just...the relationship between puppets and masters is not simple control and obey, if you know what I mean.

@Haze:
Thank you ^^. The concept for this story is quite general; it involves lots of issues and shows many aspects in different fields. If I write a complete story that includes all of them, i'll die :lol:. Though it is my wish to do that, I can't. I'm buried in piles of work and study :(. So for this project, I want to make it short, less complicated, and more focus on romance.