LOST MEMORIES (Scholars' Chronicles)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

LOST MEMORIES (Scholars' Chronicles)

#1 Post by trish_vc »

PLOT
(supposed to be place here, but unfortunately due to some unexpected turn of events my younger brother thought that it was a trash. AND he actually burned it! :cry: )

anyway! here goes nothing...

The story is about a plain boy who's problematic about his last months in high school.
WHY? because he just lost most of the previous memories of his high school life.
The lessons learned and the memories he shared with his "beloved" classmates are GONE (fufufu).
He's having a short term memory loss,
Retrograde amnesia which is usually caused by a severe blow to the head,
like from a car accident or a nasty fall
BUT he was found unconscious on the school's rooftop.
That's why he is also curious about the cause of his accident.
Furthermore, the doctor recommended that he cant tell the teachers about the condition(memory loss)
because the school has "strict policies" (bleh..rules!)
not to mention that all the student of the school are scholars,
or else he will be asked to repeat or transfer.
Will he ever figure out the cause of his accident? Will he uncover some mysteries? Find true friends?

blah blah blah.. and that's all whats left in my memory of the notebook which was destroyed by my lil bro :|
CHARACTERS
they all have their own problems, dramatic back story and sad backgrounds
  • ZEIUS "Otaku
  • AXEL "weird girl"
  • REED "boy next door"
  • KIERRA "Ms. Perfectionist"
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? well to be honest i'm not good with codes and grammar and im not fast at drawing, a friend of mine has been helping me with my drawing issues and the sprites were made with the help of my old keyboard and mouse (also thanks to photoshop)...
note* this is kind of based on a true story. combined experiences and stories from my schoolmates! :D
(noob! boo! :? ) feel free to criticize bbut please be sweet and gentle with your comments :mrgreen:
Attachments
1cover.jpg
ZEIUS &quot;Otaku&quot;<br />likes: math and computer subjects
ZEIUS "Otaku"
AXEL &quot;weird girl&quot;<br />likes: literature and music
AXEL "weird girl"
REED &quot;boy next door&quot;<br />likes: physics, soccer football, art
REED "boy next door"
KIERRA &quot;Ms. Perfectionist&quot;<br />likes: History, Culture, and siblings
KIERRA "Ms. Perfectionist"
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*

ariana.ravensford
Regular
Projects: Morpheandir Tales

Re: LOST MEMORIES (Scholars' Chronicles)

#2 Post by ariana.ravensford »

I'll definitely be looking at this game progress. But my questions are: why would the school not be very considerate about his condition? Especially if it happened because of an incident that was probably on school property? Wouldn't they want to know what happened as well, and wouldn't the teachers probably figure out something was wrong with him especially if he was found on the roof?

I do really like the character designs though, especially the plaid on the skirts of Axel and Kierra. :)
Current Project~
The Morpheandir Tales: Tome of the Lost
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=20262
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#3 Post by trish_vc »

ariana.ravensford wrote:I'll definitely be looking at this game progress. But my questions are: why would the school not be very considerate about his condition? Especially if it happened because of an incident that was probably on school property? Wouldn't they want to know what happened as well, and wouldn't the teachers probably figure out something was wrong with him especially if he was found on the roof?
I do really like the character designs though, especially the plaid on the skirts of Axel and Kierra. :)
First of all, thank you very much for your comment! :D
ariana.ravensford wrote:why would the school not be very considerate about his condition? Especially if it happened because of an incident that was probably on school property? Wouldn't they want to know what happened as well, and wouldn't the teachers probably figure out something was wrong with him especially if he was found on the roof?:)
It is because the school is having their unreasonable policies. A janitor found him on the rooftop and the teachers were one of his suspects, but he just cant think of any reason for them to do such thing.
doubting the teachers will only bring inconvenience to him, and his curiosity will bring him into finding out the secrets of the school; which doesn't concern him and will probably even worsen his current problems.

again thank you for the compliment! :o
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*

ariana.ravensford
Regular
Projects: Morpheandir Tales

#4 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Okay, that clears it up. :) Good luck in your work and can't wait to see more on this project!
Current Project~
The Morpheandir Tales: Tome of the Lost
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=20262
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#5 Post by arachni42 »

I think this is could be a pretty interesting story... It would be quite a traumatic thing to have lost his memories. It also sounds like there is some mystery to his accident, and mysteries are fun. ^_^
trish_vc wrote:It is because the school is having their unreasonable policies.
When I read your summary I had the same question as ariana. Unfortunately, "because their strict policies are unreasonable" is not an answer! They might have a policy ("strict" or not) that is unreasonable, but why?? I am still very confused on this point. You also said it was the doctor who recommended not telling the teachers -- is there some reason s/he knows about these policies? There is certainly no medical reason to recommend it.

It sounds like you have a plot need for his keeping this a secret, but personally I would need some sort of explanation. Unless you want me to believe that the administrators sit around all day thinking, "Alright, what sort of unreasonable rule can we come up with now? Muhahaha!" Although, if the administrators really are sadists who enjoy making life hard for the students, that would be an explanation that would satisfy me as long as it's made clear by the end! (Although it would make me wonder why any parents would send their kids to this school. :) They would still need to have some reasonable-sounding explanation to give to the parents.)

Also... what is this policy that would prevent him from telling the teachers, anyway?

Sorry to be picky, but it sounds like this is an important part of the setting, and I wouldn't want it to be a plot hole that interferes with the drama and mystery that follows. High school can be difficult and confusing even without amnesia, so this boy's got it really rough! I think there is a good story here.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)