Town Heat demo is out.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BlackSpider
Regular

#16 Post by BlackSpider »

Did anyone get a good ending here? IMO I think I made it too difficult. Neither my sister nor anyone I know got a happy demo ending.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#17 Post by Sai »

A happy ending would mean ending up with someone rather than noone?
I've played through twice so far and got the "Noone wanted to be with you" both times.
Was wondering the same thing actually =)

Herzeleid

#18 Post by Herzeleid »

I got Aki on my first try ^^

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#19 Post by Sai »

Hehe, well done
Anyway, I think if it's not impossible to achieve a "happy" ending, then it's nota bad idea if it's challenging. If anything it might be quite an achievement and something different.

My first attempt, I got a score of 85 with Reiko, if I hadn't talked to Mio at the bar then I may of ended up with Reiko.
(Second try I talked to Aki and Mio and got low scores on everything somehow, guess the game only wants you to talk to one person? ^^ )

Oh, by the way, the fist fight at the park looked funny =)

BlackSpider
Regular

#20 Post by BlackSpider »

Thanks again for all comments.
Well, yes it's quite an achievement to get a happy ending in this game. Congrats Herzeleid, as you're the first one who made it. BTW Sai, a score of 85 with Reiko definitely qualifies for a happy ending. Only problem is to guess who appears on the beach the next day and be careful not to make her change her mind :). Anyway, a score higher than 75 is enough to get Aki or Reiko :) (a score of 100 is possible too). And yes, the game prefers when you're nice to one person, but as I remember (I wrote the script last year) there's no way to live the night club without talking to Mio.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#21 Post by mikey »

Herzeleid wrote:I got Aki on my first try ^^
I got Reiko on my first try ^^

Hehe Herzeleid, we are two very smooth operators... 8) Gotta check my score though.

BlackSpider
Regular

#22 Post by BlackSpider »

Well, after all it looks like it's not impossible to get a happy ending on the first try. Congratulations to Mikey for catching Reiko :).

Impossible

#23 Post by Impossible »

Great game, good enough to get me of just lurking :). Is is possible to get Mio in this demo?

BlackSpider
Regular

#24 Post by BlackSpider »

Thanks... I'll be honest here hehehe. It's not possible to make Mio your GF in this demo. However she may agree to go on a date and become a close friend. Besides there is a short romantic scene with her on the beach. I just thought it would be too early (after explaining in the script what she went through) for that. So the third happy ending is when Mio becomes the player's close friend. BTW her recation on the beach (after she kisses the player) reminds me of a gril I knew once. That's why I particulary like that scene. It's a pitty though that I forgot to change the music BGM for that part. But it's too late now...

Herzeleid

#25 Post by Herzeleid »

mikey wrote:
Herzeleid wrote:I got Aki on my first try ^^
I got Reiko on my first try ^^

Hehe Herzeleid, we are two very smooth operators... 8) Gotta check my score though.
Got 86% :lol:

When do you expect to have the full game out BlackSpider?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by mikey »

Herzeleid wrote: Got 86% :lol:
Well, I got 100 points with Reiko... But other persons were lower than that, naturally. Did I miss the percentages somewhere? :?

BlackSpider
Regular

#27 Post by BlackSpider »

Um well, bigger fan made ren'ai games take a lot of time... I can only say that the final version will be out somewhere in 2005. I don't want to force myself on this thing as it requires much patience (composing songs, drawing, writing scripts), besides I have another very important non-game related project going on right now. Anyway after finishing the demo I have more experience in creating VNs. I also have new ideas on how to speed up the overall work. I'll probably use Pov-Ray 3D rendered images for city scenes and some 3D design program to render interiors. There are also 3D engines which could be used to render nature and so on...

BTW percentages (points) are shown only at the end of the demo. It's possible to end up with Aki or Reiko as GF and have a hight score for the other girl.

edit:
Wow Mikey you reached the highest possible score with Reiko :).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by mikey »

BlackSpider>> Well, perhaps it's the Slavic mentality :D

Regarding the full game, are you also going to replace the pictures in the first part (demo) with say the 3D rendered ones? Personally ever sice playing Phantom of inferno, I have a soft spot for seemingly incoherent visuals - combining photographs, 3D scenes and hand-drawn characters, I really like it! In the very beginning of River Trap I was also playing with the idea of combined photo/sketched/3D backgrounds. I decided otherwise later on, but in the bonus section for instance you could see the "real" videos. So I'm looking forward. :wink:

BlackSpider
Regular

#29 Post by BlackSpider »

Mikey>> LOL, perhaps :).

Yes, I'd like to replace some backgrounds. Especially those in the city. I've already tryed some generic city renderers for Pov-Ray. It's not that bad, but it could be much better. What I really want to achieve here is to be able to render the same view at different times of the day. Let's say early in the morning, then at noon, then in the evening and when it's dark (or partly dark). With Pov-Ray for instance it's possible to do this in a few minutes if the 3D world is ready and you have a very fast CPU. I'll probably leave some photographs in the game, unless I find a very good 3D engine that can quickly render all nature related scenes that I need. I also need to correct in game characters. They may not look terrible, but they're far from being good.

BTW Now that I have more time I really need to play River Trap from the beginig once again... and this time favour the other girl (I think her name was Shizuka).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by mikey »

can't seem to load your page, 404... hmmm...