Promise (progress, with a few screenshots)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mewmew

Promise (progress, with a few screenshots)

#1 Post by Mewmew »

Hello, thank you for viewing this topic.

This is my first Ren'Py game attempt, but it's always nice to try something new. I came from a different another gaming community, but their engine is more geared toward traditional RPGs rather than novels. (The community there wasn't the best...).

This story was attempted with an older engine from another community long time ago, but I scrapped it before, due to lack of motivation... My friend introduced me to Ren'Py, and I thought it would be nice to revive this old story.

The story, and artwork is done by me.
The programming will be done by me... with huge help from the lemmasoft forums, I'm sure... I stink at programming XD
The music is done by my best friend. ♪
______
---
Story
---
The story is about a person named Hiro (you can rename him at the naming scene). Hiro was born and raised in Aidir village, but due to unfortunate circumstances, he had to move away, leaving his childhood friend behind. Years later, Hiro remembered about a promise he made with a childhood friend long ago, in Aidir, and also how she gives him her treasured necklace, before he left the village.

During summer vacation, he decided to visit the old village, hoping he'll remember more about the girl, unfortunately, while driving there, he got into an accident...

He wakes up in the hospital and is unable to remember anything. The doctor noticed the crafting of the necklace and realized it's a design from Aidir, the doctor then recommends Hiro to spend some time in Aidir and hopefully it will make him remember about the past, and especially that girl...

---
Game Play
---
Each day that the player is presented with, Hiro will recall a scene from the past... You will be presented with selections and decision making. Depending on which girl you choose, and how you answer, you'll recall different scenes from the past. <-- (hopefully I can make that work)

---
Endings
---
There will be five endings, and three girls to choose from.

-----
I'm currently done with the first chapter. Which is basically what you've read here so far... supposed to introduce the scenario XD I hope the story is okay, I'm guessing it's pretty cliche... but I don't mind. If you dont mind, may I ask about your opinions on this? Does this seem like something you'd like to play? ^^;

A few screenies

The naming scene a few people have seen... XD This is unrelated to the story, since the wolfing is the one reading you the story. I just didn't want a naming scene in the middle of the story.

The reminiscence
(going to work on fading the scene, so you can read the text better

Last edited by Mewmew on Thu May 24, 2007 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
世界の真実の光は誰か!
anime human, anthro, animal arts ♥
ledah.deviantart.com

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#2 Post by Sailor Kitty »

hmmm. I like it!

you have a great art style.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

Promise looks promising. I think this might be the type of story I enjoy.

Btw, why not change the katakana to yakusoku?
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Mewmew

#4 Post by Mewmew »

To Sailor Kitty: Really? That's great ^^ And thanks for the compliment as well ♥

To lordcloudx: Thank you very much-- I'll try my best to make the story umm good ^^ Ah, that's a good idea... I'm more of a kana fan though. やくそく、約束、ヤクソク... Hmm... XD I think I'll stick with プロミス though... but it may change later, thanks for suggesting!
世界の真実の光は誰か!
anime human, anthro, animal arts ♥
ledah.deviantart.com

Baka Chikara
Regular
Projects: Chill, Addendum

#5 Post by Baka Chikara »

I like the kana too. But whatever you decide on. I bet I'll like the game when it's finished. (pretty easy to please me. as long as it's not a sports game, I'll probably like it to some extent .) :wink:
Red: Together...!!
Blue: ...we are...!!
Yellow: ...the Prism Rangers!!
[All three pose together. Lights flash in the background.]
Laharl: ...Please, someone normal come out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

Looking good, as before ^_^. Btw, is it pronounced "Promiss" or "Promiz"?...

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#7 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Great job! You already look like you're making excellent progress! I'll be looking forward to this game~! :3