Project Dream Chasers (need music/musician/s)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#16 Post by chronoluminaire »

I also would love to do proofreading for grammar / style.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#17 Post by lordcloudx »

Hmm... well sailorkitty's already made an offer, but why not? I can have you both go through the script. sending pm

edit: chronoluminaire has been doing a stellar job as proofreader so far. One more chapter to go. :P

Guess I've given it enough rope. As of now, I officially nominate myself as background artist. I'll be using a hand-drawn style that allows me to make 5 or more backgrounds in a day if I feel like it.

Like so.
Attachments
shadowcrosshq.jpg
room.jpg
cathedral.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Mihel
Regular
Projects: Foxtaile, Dream Chasers, Wedding Vows

#18 Post by Mihel »

Posting here because I don't have many other options - I'm on vacation and the internets are spotty at best :evil:

Anyways, lordcloudx, this is my concept for Risa's theme, the Ocarina solo and a concept of my vision for the orchestrated version. Please tell me what's good and what's not.

Nothing else is forthcoming at the moment, as I am on vacation :P But I'm working on it.

Also, I'll delete these if you want to keep things under wraps.
Attachments
ocarina.txt
(Ocarina Solo) Rename to .mp3
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 479 times
risa.txt
(Orchestral Version) Also rename to .mp3
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 428 times
Will you stay here for a while, dear, 'til the radio plays something familiar?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by lordcloudx »

Thanks. I really like the way you use strings in your pieces. The melody itself sounds slightly ominous, sad, yet also hopeful... so it should be perfect for Risa.

No need to delete the attachments. I'm not really keeping this project under wraps. I just think progress reports are unnecessary and counter-productive.

We're working on programming in the game now and the necessary background and character art
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Recruiting

#20 Post by lordcloudx »

Hmm... I do believe we're getting there.

Here's a little preview pic. (Warning for bloooood+)
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictur ... isacg1.jpg

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by lordcloudx »

*Imitating Moonlight Bomber*
I'm gonna use a... Zetasol DX on this topic with a few pics.
Attachments
westerine.jpg
I wonder if I should give it an age rating for graphic descriptions of violence... ZOMG this VN is teh bloodeh get out of here you children!
I wonder if I should give it an age rating for graphic descriptions of violence... ZOMG this VN is teh bloodeh get out of here you children!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by lordcloudx »

Bumping... everything's done except for the music right now. :P

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by lordcloudx »

Hello? Mihel... I hope you can read this topic.

link below is for team members only unless you want to spoil the VN version for yourself

edit: removed the link

on second thought, that's what pm is for.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Project Dream Chasers 100% done (looking for a new musician)

#24 Post by lordcloudx »

Ok... since mihel doesn't seem to be replying here or in pm for months now, I guess I've given it enough rope.

Project Dream Chasers is currently looking for a new/co-musician to supply additional tracks to the ones Mihel has already finished. Please reply to this thread or in pm if interested. I will send you the details of the game in pm. The music just needs to be something that the composer believes would fit the game. I am granting anyone interested full freedom in composing. That aside, I would prefer strings and minimal percussion similar to Mihel's style.

To Mihel: If you're still interested; not counting the music, Dream Chasers is 100% finished and has been that way for some time now. Please reply anywhere that you feel like if you still want to do the music and thank you for the trailer bgm and Risa's theme.

I'll try looking for a musician in other communities too but I would prefer someone from lemmasoft.

worst case... I'll try to do the music myself.

Mihel
Regular
Projects: Foxtaile, Dream Chasers, Wedding Vows

#25 Post by Mihel »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am infinitely sorry for disappearing like that. I've been through a very small hell involving a very close friend and several suicide attempts, and have neglected pretty much everything, including this project.

Basically, I have a bunch of half-finished ideas that I feel I can whip into shape for the project, but it would still take a couple of weeks for me to finish. I would like to continue to work on this project, but I can totally understand if you would like to move on with a musician who has a more "stable" life or better schedule.

Again, I'm sorry for being a pain in the neck >.>
Will you stay here for a while, dear, 'til the radio plays something familiar?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by lordcloudx »

Thank you for replying. Since you say that still want to work on this project, then of course, I still want you as the musician. I don't mind if it takes a couple of weeks or more as long as you expressed your willingness to continue.

I understand that we all have real-life issues... I'm having one myself.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Project Dream Chasers 100% done (waiting for music)

#27 Post by lordcloudx »

While waiting for Mihel's music, since my visualnews page is still down, I'll be hosting the latest backup file for the game.zip here (goes into the demo/game directoryof ren'py)

http://animerd2k2.net/game.zip

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by lordcloudx »

Triple post... anyway, Just an update.

Judecca, this project's co-artist has just submitted the last piece of art for the epilogue. All that's left now is to code in the extras, credits, and I'm still waiting for the music.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by lordcloudx »

Quadruple Ppppostage! :twisted:

This is the latest complete music-less, beta release. I'm quite confident in the battle scenes even though they're not done in the type-moon style that everyone else prefers.

http://animerd2k2.net/game.zip

Password
lemmalemmayey
And once again, my thanks to the team.
-denzil
-Mihel
-judecca
-chronoluminaire

In-Game screen
Attachments
risafight.jpg

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Project Dream Chasers 100% done (Beta Release)

#30 Post by lordcloudx »

To Mihel: If you're still working on the music for this game, please inform the team on this thread.

If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to look for another musician again to supply the missing tracks (and there are still lots of them) for this project.

Like umm... a good online friend told me (thanks), I owe it to everyone who has worked on this project to at least ensure a release date for this game.

So once again, Project Dream Chasers is looking for a reliable musician/musicians who would be willing to volunteer for this nearly complete visual novel. I'll send you the pre-release version of the game as soon as you volunteer. If no musician turns up within the next two weeks, I'll be forced to finalize this project and release it without music. The bgm might follow in a later update patch

Right now I'll be needing:
-three tracks to be used as the theme of the main characters
-at least one or two battle bgm
-one sad bgm
-one ominous bgm
-the main Dream Chasers theme to be left to the creativity of the musician.