Eternal Youth [VN + RPG] [Friendship/Drama/Romance?]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Morgan_R
Regular

Re: Eternal Youth [VN + RPG] [Friendship/Drama/Romance?]

#16 Post by Morgan_R »

New style is very nice. ^_^

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#17 Post by kukiko-tan »

Armee, Morgan_R, thank you! I'm glad you agree with the new style!(^ 7 ^)
Also, there you go the new sprite version of Nathan!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#18 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I agree with the others! Each style has it own, unique, vibe and I think the second one suits the kind of...dreary feel of the backgrounds with all their muted colors. I'm intrested to see how you implement the rpg element with this game, being that it is so far from the adventure-esque set up that would imply :D And don't be afarid of doing KN's, I personally don't really care if I have "control" of the storyline as long as it's a good one. It's all an illusion really either way, a pretty one with pictures ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

kukiko-tan
Regular

#19 Post by kukiko-tan »

Hazel-Bun wrote:I agree with the others! Each style has it own, unique, vibe and I think the second one suits the kind of...dreary feel of the backgrounds with all their muted colors. I'm intrested to see how you implement the rpg element with this game, being that it is so far from the adventure-esque set up that would imply :D And don't be afarid of doing KN's, I personally don't really care if I have "control" of the storyline as long as it's a good one. It's all an illusion really either way, a pretty one with pictures ^^
Thank you very very much for taking your time to feedback!>:D<
At first, I considered adding rpg because of my lack of talent of describing areas haha...besides, I saw games like Tailor Tales http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... ilor+tales and Rival threads: Last Class Heroes http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kon ... final-push and got inspired (* u *), I really like, in a game, to go around exploring, enjoying the art and talking to people <8'D.
Ohh, truth you speak! :'D it's merely an illusion, you're right. I tried paying a lil bit more attention when playin VN's and noticed that I don't really care if any option will pop out now or later, I just...enjoy the story and the art! :'D

Oh also, as an update, I've renewed 1 sprite and added a new one!:>

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#20 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oooooh~ Mr. Rep is very attractive and smiley haha! I like short hair on men so I'm liking the new sprites a lot!

Yeah and that's the thing, those games are more rpg geared in the first place. This game will be interesting because it is sort of used differntly in a good way ^^ Something I think could add spice would be, being able to interact or and pick up clues along the way. Like why the Florist hates that certain "someone" so much? Could she get inspiration from flower designs she views in the city? Why is the Aristociat so focused on this contest and has so little drive in the first place? Being that you play as both(? I presume from what you've written so far) are their stories intertwined and therefore have similar actions or separate? I dunno but whatever you do make it your own! As I've said I love a good story over anything so multiple endings and added gameplay just it a whole lot better ;D
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#21 Post by Alera »

This is just amazing, Kuki!!! >w< Love your art! *Q* I can just fangirl over this project, you know me. XD
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#22 Post by shwippie »

It looks lovely, and I love a story like this. Your painterly style is very pretty. I'd definitely want to play ^^
Image Image Image

kukiko-tan
Regular

#23 Post by kukiko-tan »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Oooooh~ Mr. Rep is very attractive and smiley haha! I like short hair on men so I'm liking the new sprites a lot!

Yeah and that's the thing, those games are more rpg geared in the first place. This game will be interesting because it is sort of used differntly in a good way ^^ Something I think could add spice would be, being able to interact or and pick up clues along the way. Like why the Florist hates that certain "someone" so much? Could she get inspiration from flower designs she views in the city? Why is the Aristociat so focused on this contest and has so little drive in the first place? Being that you play as both(? I presume from what you've written so far) are their stories intertwined and therefore have similar actions or separate? I dunno but whatever you do make it your own! As I've said I love a good story over anything so multiple endings and added gameplay just it a whole lot better ;D
Are you reading my mind now? :D The picking clues part is just around my tastes! I'm a mystery-lover and no matter what, there should be at least a speck of that in this game! Hmm... while explanations are not my forte, I can say it's pretty much the same story, but simply seen with a different character's point of view! 8'D
Once again thank you very much for your kind words and advices!
Alera wrote:This is just amazing, Kuki!!! >w< Love your art! *Q* I can just fangirl over this project, you know me. XD
XDD what would I do without you? 8'D if there is one first person I present my ideas to (pretty much force them more than anything LOL ;; ) it shall be you
and thank youuuuu!! ^7^
kosetsu wrote:It looks lovely, and I love a story like this. Your painterly style is very pretty. I'd definitely want to play ^^
Oooh, a story "like this"? You make me curious for more details on that part. From my perspective as a creator, I can barely describe in a word or two~ As a player, I can easily say "oh this game is that kind" or "this game is this type" but I can't really say much about my games ;;
On the latter part, I thank you for your kind words >:D< it's great to hear there's interest in the game, although there's not much information shown yet!

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#24 Post by shwippie »

Sorry I wasn't very clear- to me, it seems like a thoughtful story that reflects on life and what's important...but maybe I'm reading into what you've written ;;
Image Image Image

kukiko-tan
Regular

#25 Post by kukiko-tan »

kosetsu wrote:Sorry I wasn't very clear- to me, it seems like a thoughtful story that reflects on life and what's important...but maybe I'm reading into what you've written ;;
Ooh I see now! Well, you're not reading into or seeing more than it is, it really is a story that's supposed to be thoughtful! ^7^)

kukiko-tan
Regular

#26 Post by kukiko-tan »

I've finished two NPC sprites~
Miss Emma: she speaks in few words and she's kind of quiet at times.
Mister Sage: he likes to tease people and doesn't care of what others think. There is something off about his mustache...
he is http://mieumew.deviantart.com/ 's character

kukiko-tan
Regular

#27 Post by kukiko-tan »

Unfortunately, updates will have to be slowed down (a lot), since summer vacation is fading away, and I have school work to do.
For now, there you go a new sprite! One of the aristocrats eve)~
Mister Daniel Milan: Chilled and very relaxed. At times cold, but generally a nice person.

He is http://psyalera.deviantart.com/ 's character!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#28 Post by azureXtwilight »

I love the art style and the story looks intriguing. Definitely will keep watch on this.

kukiko-tan
Regular

#29 Post by kukiko-tan »

azureXtwilight wrote:I love the art style and the story looks intriguing. Definitely will keep watch on this.
Thank you very much! :D I'm really glad you like it!>w<

Also! I don't know if I had told you guys about this buuut...since there are going to be 2 protagonists, there will be at the beginning of the game a choosing character kind of screen soo....I've finished it! Ground and hover * v *):
ImageImage
texture from http://kukiko-tan.deviantart.com/art/BG ... -253338904
Last edited by kukiko-tan on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#30 Post by Alera »

OMG, I LOVELOVELOVE THESE LAST IMAGES *A* <33333
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)