Glass Heart (College Romance-GXB,Drama,Romance,Comdey)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Glass Heart (College Romance-GXB,Drama,Romance,Comdey)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Parallel Hearts is an upcoming otome game. It's setting is in college and during the spring.

Features
~Six paths to choose?~
~Many choices~
~Over 100,00 words~
~Cg Art~
~Music~
(Don't really not what else to put :lol: )

Here's the plot

Plot-You play the role of Miraj, a bitter and headstrong college student who is trying to become a writer. Her best friend is Rei Himura, an aspiring singer who has a love for boys. With the help, or rather interference, of her mother, Miraj is forced to join a dating service to try and find her ideal match. With her 'troll' like appearance and negative attitude towards love, can Miraj find a anybody? And if she does will she be able to handle the strain and pain that always comes with it?

Characters

Miraj-Our mc. Since she was little Miraj has always been made fun of because of her 'troll' like appearance. Her name comes from the word Mirage and so she has always felt like an illusion. Because of being bullied and rejected by guys many times before the story, Miraj has become bitter and a bit rude. She wishes to become a writer and cares little for being in a relationship. Though she may seem mean, Miraj is actually an emotional girl who always helps the underdog and has a good sense of justice.
She has a rather dark past which is why she has this personality. She is new to love as well and is awkward with guys. She loves writing, reading and playing video games

Rei Kimura-Miraj's best friend and her exact opposite. Many wonder how Rei and Miraj get along since Rei is the type of girl Miraj would usually hate. Perky, cheerful and sometimes selfish, Rei aspires to become a singer. She has a boy obsession.

Shinji Inoue-Miraj's other good friend and one of the few guys she talks with. Shinji is a kind and thoughtful boy who is very shy of women, especially Rei. He longs to be an actor and it's because of this that he sometimes misses his college classes. Unlike Rei, Shinji knows of Miraj's bad past and wants to protect her.

Hikaru Yoshida-A rich boy who basically has a cool and calm personality. He has a love for music and romance novels. Though the most mature of the boys, Hikaru does have a dark side to him and sometimes acts without thinking. He enjoys the attention he gets from women yet seems to be seeking something different in life.

Hiroki Kimura-A high high school boy who joined the dating service because of a dare his friends made him do. Hiroki is a energetic and happy go lucky guy who is sometimes childish. He loves baseball and wants to be a professional athlete. Hiroki doesn't talk to Rei, who is his older sister, much. He seems to also have known Miraj from before but refuses to tell her how. Has a talent for cooking as well as sports.

Arata Suzuki-A shy boy who joins the dating service in hopes of meeting his match. He is in Miraj's writing class as well, and enjoys writing horror stories. Though very shy, Arata can also be quite the romantic and sometimes is considered by women to really be a prince. He may be popular with girls but doesn't seem to know much about dating.
Daichi smiling .png
Daichi Ito-A creepy guy who joined the dating service in order to research girls. Daichi is a genius who wishes to create his very own VN. He is skilled with computers and even teaches a class at the college. Daichi is similar to Miraj in that he's never been able to make friends and girls find him unattractive. Though blunt and sometimes rude, Daichi is just misunderstood by those around him.

Saito Yagami-Former gang member who works at the dating service. Rude, violent, and impatient, Saito has little care for what others think of him. Though he seems to be nothing but a 'gangster' Saito is actually a caring guy who just wants to be himself. He doesn't get along well with his family with the exception for his sister, who he is often secretly visiting. Saito has a talent with painting and enjoys painting unique things.

Masami Oda-A rude, attractive, and manipulative girl who is enemy number one for Miraj . She enjoys dating, clothes, and competing with Rei. She has little time to deal with people who she doesn't redeem worthy.

Nero Yoshida-Famous fashion designer and Hikaru's father. Though Nero looks like a scary guy, he actually has a big heart and wishes to make clothing for everyone. He loves Hikaru dearly but rarely get's along with him

Hitomi-Miraj's sister who is everything she isn't. She lives with their mother so they can save money. Though naive and cheerful, Hitomi has a want to escape the grasp of her mother and live a little. She is close to Miraj.

Story - 10-30%
Programming - 10-50%(I'm rewriting some stuff so it's hard to know for sure.)
Music - 100%
Art - 0%(I need help with this part.)
Character Sprites-80%

Parallel Hearts is a long project. I'm in the process of rewriting it because the first draft wasn't as emotional as I wanted it to be. The game is funny yet dramatic and one of the characters aren't as they appear.

So this is the basic idea of the game. I actually have the sprites for the characters but I need to finish them up before posting.

As for the CG's, well that is what I need for the game the most. I can't draw so I'm hoping that one or two people with help me with them.

I'm making this game with the hopes that it'll be emotional, so it's going to take me a while to finish. Also I'm doing a 'prequel' to the game that has all GXG. I'll update as much as I can and hope to have good news about the CG'S later.
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: Parallel Hearts (College Romance-GXB,Drama,Romance,Comde

#2 Post by Didules »

Seems really interesting, may I stalk this topic? :)
All of the characters have big dreams (most of them) that's great, I hope to see what Miraj will do to achieve her own. They also have quite realistic personnalities (though sometimes a bit cliché), I really feel like I can relate to Miraj's experience with boys ^^" I look forward to seeing the sprites once you're done with them :D
The synopsis made me wonder: the game won't be only about Miraj finding a boyfriend but also about how their relationship evolves? That would be great since there aren't much game with that side of a love story!
Is there a reason for the title "parallel hearts"? (Why "parallel"?) (don't mind me I'm just curious)
This seems to be a huge project so I wish you good luck with it, I look forward to play your game :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

Didules wrote:Seems really interesting, may I stalk this topic? :)
All of the characters have big dreams (most of them) that's great, I hope to see what Miraj will do to achieve her own. They also have quite realistic personnalities (though sometimes a bit cliché), I really feel like I can relate to Miraj's experience with boys ^^" I look forward to seeing the sprites once you're done with them :D
The synopsis made me wonder: the game won't be only about Miraj finding a boyfriend but also about how their relationship evolves? That would be great since there aren't much game with that side of a love story!
Is there a reason for the title "parallel hearts"? (Why "parallel"?) (don't mind me I'm just curious)
This seems to be a huge project so I wish you good luck with it, I look forward to play your game :)

Thanks :D and I'll admit some of their personalities are a bit cliche, especially Hikaru, but still I like them. And the title has everything to do with Miraj's love life and her emotions wit the guys. The game, like you said, is also not a common love story. Each guy has their problems and, depending on the players choices, they'll either end happy, sad, or normal. But I'm really glad someone likes this game. Thank you so much :D

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Fenrir34 »

Even though no one has really seen this I'll post an update anyway. I'm on Hikaru's path right now and changed his personality a bit. Also I changed Hinata's name to Rei. Sounds more mature :D

Nomae
Regular
Completed: Synchronicity
Projects: Serenity~The Path To Peace, Timeskip

#5 Post by Nomae »

haha 'troll' appearance!
I do like the plot so far, it's very unique :)
Will defiantly keep an eye on this game :)
I especially love that it's set during college not the typical high school setting :)
Check out my Deviantart and Tumblr
Completed Games:
Synchronicity(GxB)
Ongoing Games:
Serenity~The Path To Peace (GxB)
Timeskip(GxB)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

This game seems to be still in its Ideas stage, so I'm moving it. As soon as you have a little more to show, contact me and I'll move it back.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira