Yandere: Love Me Or I'll Kill You [Modern, Horror]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DatYandereGirl

Yandere: Love Me Or I'll Kill You [Modern, Horror]

#1 Post by DatYandereGirl »

Idea

Yandere: Love Me Or I'll Kill You~ is a mature themed visual novel to which you (the main character / player) must satisfy the Yanderes! If you refuse to give them what they desire... Well, you will be KILLED. The entire point is that you must keep them happy or die trying.
There are TWO Yanderes of choice in this story, and each has their own likes toward the main character. This game WILL contain blood, gore, and have mature subject matter. As this game is for an adult audience and anime fanbase... I'd suggest you be familiar with visual novels already.

Setting

Modern day Japanese high school where the main character is a transfer student from America. He does not know much Japanese, but he knows enough to get around to and from school. Luckily he met two strange, and rather creepy girls whom are in his class. He gets shown around the school, town, and other things by them separately. The two girls both have an obsession over him! After while he starts to notice the awkward behavior and notice friends he has met have just vanished off the face of the earth. What happened to them? Will the two girls ever end up with him?

Characters

You
The main character is yourself. He has no name, age, etc.

The girls names are TBD!

Character Appearances

You aka the main character / player is a tall young man, around 18 years old in appearance and has short brown hair, baby blue eyes, and is about 6"0 or so. He wears a white T Shirt, brown jeans, and black and white shoes. He has no facial hair, so his face is pretty much as soft as a baby's bottom.

We Are So Hiring!
We are so hiring artists, music creators, story writers, and more. If you think you can contribute to the project in anyway feel free to contact me over on Steam or via PM here. You shall be paid for your services!
Last edited by PyTom on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Removed KS link that's against rules.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Yandere: Love Me Or I'll Kill You [Modern, Horror]

#2 Post by Haze »

Ok, I'll admit it, you had me the second I saw "yandere" in the title. This sounds like it'll turn out interesting. A couple questions:

Are there any good endings? "Love Me or I'll Kill You" gives me the impression that either (a) the protagonist will reject the yandere's love and will get killed or (b) the protagonist will accept the yandere's love but he'll eventually be killed by the yandere so only the yandere will be able to have him. Hopefully, I'm wrong...

By "mature subject matter", do you mean that this game is an eroge/has hentai? Or is the game just really gory?

Will this be free or commercial?
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Amy
Regular
Completed: Yandere in 100 Words
Projects: Fate/otome, Carmilla
Organization: Yandere^2

#3 Post by Amy »

Wow, yandere.
Lots and lots of yandere.
(It seems particularly interesting to see how a conflict between two different yandere girls would play out.)

I'm not sure how much I'd be able to contribute to this project - I'm sort of trying to make 4 VNs at he moment - but I'll be watching every step of the way.
Make sure there are plenty of shiny new interesting yandere things! ;3 Wouldn't want the genre to fall into a rut, now.

EDIT:
Haze wrote:By "mature subject matter", do you mean that this game is an eroge/has hentai? Or is the game just really gory?

Will this be free or commercial?
A bit of Googling turned up this:
http://offbeatr.com/project/yandere-lov ... 0013934749
It's going to be a commercial eroge.
Our high school romantic comedy 4koma with 200% more yandere: Yandere Squared!

Yandere story collection + Yandere article collection
Submissions welcome!

Yandere in 100 Words: Visual Novel edition (It's my first visual novel, so please drop by with some feedback! ^^)

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#4 Post by merdeamour »

It's kinda confusing 'cause
DO NOTE THAT IT IS VOLUNTEER ONLY WORK AND YOU ARE NOT BEING PAID
but your Steam says that the money you're raising goes towards paying artists and the like? >//< Sorry, just got confused, and maybe you should clear this up for potential people who will volunteer themselves to contribute to this?
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#5 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

DatYandereGirl wrote: We Are So Hiring!
We are so hiring artists, music creators, story writers, and more. If you think you can contribute to the project in anyway feel free to contact me over on Steam or via PM here. DO NOTE THAT IT IS VOLUNTEER ONLY WORK AND YOU ARE NOT BEING PAID
Just to note, "hiring" implies money is changes hands. Getting volunteers is something entirely different.

DatYandereGirl

#6 Post by DatYandereGirl »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:
DatYandereGirl wrote: We Are So Hiring!
We are so hiring artists, music creators, story writers, and more. If you think you can contribute to the project in anyway feel free to contact me over on Steam or via PM here. DO NOTE THAT IT IS VOLUNTEER ONLY WORK AND YOU ARE NOT BEING PAID
Just to note, "hiring" implies money is changes hands. Getting volunteers is something entirely different.
I'm fully aware of that mistake, sorry.

Edit: Fixed it and it is gonna go commercial. I changed my mind actually and since it is using commissioned art and music from various people is the reason why I actually considered it

I am dumb and didn't edit my actual offbeatr page. Sorry..I'm forgetful.

Also the term 'hiring' can be very vague. I could post I am 'hiring' moderators and they not be paid money.

Elmiwisa
Veteran

#7 Post by Elmiwisa »

I admit I only click here because of the title. At this stage of idea, the story premise seems very much similar to another VN I have heard about before, called Yandere, though I have never really look into it. Maybe you should take a look? :idea:

DatYandereGirl

#8 Post by DatYandereGirl »

Elmiwisa wrote:I admit I only click here because of the title. At this stage of idea, the story premise seems very much similar to another VN I have heard about before, called Yandere, though I have never really look into it. Maybe you should take a look? :idea:
Yep
I know about it and it really wasn't that great IMO. The English patch for it has some issues in it still and the story for this VN will actually be a tad different.MC-kun won't have a 'childhood' friend yandere, anyway.

People keep sourcing that VN as if it's the only yandere VN ever made. I actually want to make one that doesn't have issues and that doesn't require any knowledge tech wise. I actually care enough for my 'fans' to make it in English day one.

Also, the story is similar to any other VN :P There's a million VNs about a guy who transferred from America to Japan, etc. I'm trying to change the game up a bit and make it similar to Yandere, but not quite.

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#9 Post by ShippoK »

DatYandereGirl wrote:MC-kun won't have a 'childhood' friend yandere, anyway.
DROPPED

Jokes aside, I wish to ask a few questions.

Will the story be a Serious Horror or a Comedy Horror?
What kind of methods will the 'player' do to keep alive? Are there just choices? Are they timed to put you on edge?
Will there be any previews of the characters or game anytime soon?
How long will it take until the project is finished?
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

DatYandereGirl

#10 Post by DatYandereGirl »

ShippoK wrote:
DatYandereGirl wrote:MC-kun won't have a 'childhood' friend yandere, anyway.
DROPPED

Jokes aside, I wish to ask a few questions.

Will the story be a Serious Horror or a Comedy Horror?
What kind of methods will the 'player' do to keep alive? Are there just choices? Are they timed to put you on edge?
Will there be any previews of the characters or game anytime soon?
How long will it take until the project is finished?
r00d

I was debating on if this should be serious or comedy. I am certain that there'd totally be a better chance of it getting sales if I did take the serious route.
As far as methods it'll be typical choose-your-own dialogue type deals like in Yandere. (The VN this is inspired by)

Oh, here's the site that makes comedy VNs - http://ballerindustries.com/

I don't know if there'll be a preview of characters due to the fact that many people seem to not be taking an interest in wanting to make the art I need.

As far as the project being done I dunno for certain yet. I'm trying to aim for this year and as soon as the votes are up at 21o to start it on offbeatr

[ elided ] is the URL to the offbeatr. I placed some lovely examples of the art style I'm going for thanks to Anna.

It's all placeholding for now til I can get someone out there who will simply draw the art for me.

DatYandereGirl

#11 Post by DatYandereGirl »

I made it to Kickstarter and the URL is right here - [ elided ]

Credited some of you fine people for the art design ideas I had in mind and wish to impose once I find my own artist.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#12 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

So...
  • You are still figuring out what the game is going to be.
  • You did not ask permission to use the art in your kickstarter campaign.
  • You are collecting money for something that seems to have virtually nothing done on it.
  • You are not following the forum rule about kickstarter advertisements requiring a demo.
  • You appear to not have the team, despite it being a team effort.
  • You are changing what you previously said about paying other people.
  • You have an estimated delivery date on kickstarter, but no idea when it will be finished here.
  • You haven't said what your role is.
Last edited by TrickWithAKnife on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

AWSalmon
Regular
Projects: The Human Reignition Project
Organization: AlienWorks Productions

#13 Post by AWSalmon »

Message from one of the sprite artists after I notified her about the use of her CC sprites for commercial use, a violation of Creative Commons Code Part 4 Section B.
CC Code:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by ... /legalcode

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/q7c8ebh.png

Really hoping this 'project' gets shut down. I'm not a fan at all of poorly-made kickstarters with no work history, but this just takes the cake.
"We have cars that drive for us, services that shop for us, devices that speak for us, machines that clean and cook and work for us. You can't say that removing these things from our daily lives has no effect on the way we interact. As I speak, how many of you are working, or communicating with someone else? Could we do that twenty years ago? Ten? Society has changed very slowly throughout the course of human history, but in the span of only two generations, there have been more technology-driven societal advances than we can count."

"People everywhere are able to talk to others clear on the other side of the world, and we do this at the expense of interacting with others around us. We have our heads buried so deeply in our technology that we ignore our surroundings. Society is stretched far beyond what should be possible, thanks to technology. We have friends in other countries while we have strangers in our own homes."

The Human Reignition Project
AlienWorks.Recruiting@gmail.com

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#14 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

when I saw the name I thought about this game:
http://vndb.org/v1303

it doesn't have it in the listing, but the caption, "I love so I want to kill you", is pretty similar at a glance.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#15 Post by Anna »

AWSalmon wrote:Message from one of the sprite artists after I notified her about the use of her CC sprites for commercial use, a violation of Creative Commons Code Part 4 Section B.
CC Code:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by ... /legalcode

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/q7c8ebh.png

Really hoping this 'project' gets shut down. I'm not a fan at all of poorly-made kickstarters with no work history, but this just takes the cake.
That'd be me :).

I'm still waiting for a reply to my lemmasoft PMs, twitter message and kickstarter message, but she doesn't seem active this week at all.

Anyway, I don't exactly adore the combination of my name and art being at the top, since it keeps confusing people (I'm getting mails about this). I'd be happy if you could remove my sprite in general from that kickstarter, actually.