Lady Eun-mi (GxB/Alone)(Historical,Psychological,Romance[?])

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

Lady Eun-mi (GxB/Alone)(Historical,Psychological,Romance[?])

#1 Post by Viobli »

Genre: (GxB/Alone) Historical~Psychological~Romance(?)

The reigning king of Kwan then was Hyun-shik. At that period when he was reigned king, Eun-mi, a nobleman's daughter, and a palace knight, Dae-jung, started going out after Dae-jung confessed his feelings to Eun-mi. However, Eun-mi was actually using Dae-jung to get more information about the palace. When Eun-mi first entered the palace, she met the King, which he immediately took a liking to her, and asked her father for her hand in marriage. Naturally, Eun-mi's father urged her to accept the King's proposal. Therefore, Eun-mi broke up with Dae-jung and became a rank 4 concubine (Sook-won) of the King soon after,
When the knight witnessed the Lady and the King's marriage, he decided to meet Eun-mi. Unfortunately, his efforts were futile, as he was greeted with the Eun-mi that he no longer knew. He left the country soon afterwards. And from there, war for the Queen position between Eun-mi and the current Queen, Lady Hye-su, embarked, where lives had to be sacrificed for the two Ladies' greed.

Main Characters:
Lady Eun-mi
A cold-hearted lady who could kill a person without even blinking her eye. Despite the fact that she had killed tons of people, she was also very wise and won lots of battles, giving her the title "The Treasure of Kwan". Although she is very vicious, she has a side of her that nobody ever knew.

Knight Dae-jung
Dae-jung was a naive person who believed in justice. He always abided his duty to protect Eun-mi, until she told him to leave. He then left the country, but it was not his final farewell. When he returned, it brought a shock to Eun-mi, for he had totally changed his attitude towards her.

King Hyun-shik
Hyun-shik was a king respected by many. Very often, it was due to him being too caring to Eun-mi which made the Queen decide to get rid of Eun-mi. To people, it might look that he loved Eun-mi deeply and was inseperable from her, but he proved it wrong when his attitude towards Eun-mi had a 180 degree change that day. Maybe... just maybe...

Queen Hye-su/Lady Hye-su
Lady Hye-su might seem fragile, but she was the one that assisted the King for many years and proved her worthiness for being Queen. However, she was unable to bear a prince, and all the children she had were princesses.

Sub characters:
Betrayal Duo (Lord Chin-Ho & Lord Dong-min)
Well, the Betrayal Duo are here to provide you with lame joy and humor so the whole atmosphere won't be all so tense. As for who they work under... well it's hard to say since they do betray after all. Even though their roles are supposed to be for humor, they do make significance to some endings :)

Princess Jin-ae
She is the smartest of all the princesses bore by the Queen. A very mischievous kid, she likes to run around and cause all the matrons to search high and low for her xD (She's also somewhat there for humor but that's not the main reason.) Due to her outstanding talent, there were even rumors that she would inherit the throne.

Lady Ji-hyeon
Eun-mi's childhood friend, who is the only one that Eun-mi will confront to. Despite having different principles from Eun-mi, she still supports Eun-mi when she has difficulties.

~more characters might be added!
--
This list mentions the top 4 ranks for a concubine (lower ranks will not be mentioned as they do not come in often during the game.):
[Rank 1] A: Bin (Prefix is determined by the queen according to the lady's personality.) B: Gui-in.
[Rank 2] A: So-ui. B: Sook-ui.
[Rank 3] A: So-yeong. B: Sook-yeong
[Rank 4] A: So-won. B: Suk-won.
--
I might not include stat-raising for some technical reasons. It still depends *hates myself for being so indecisive fufu.* Most likely, I'll stick to the normal VN gameplay so I won't complicate things >.> Please let me know what you think about this idea :D
Questions:
1. What do you think of the heroine (Eun-mi) so far?
2. Opinions about the plot?
3. Opinions about other characters?
4. Other comments.
Last edited by Viobli on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

Re: Lady Eun-mi (GxB/Alone)(Historical,Psychological,Romance

#2 Post by AngelicBlood »

Seems interesting. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Viobli
Regular

#3 Post by Viobli »

AngelicBlood wrote:Seems interesting. Looking forward to seeing it done.
Thank you ^^

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#4 Post by merdeamour »

So Eun-mi's not a, er, 'good' character? Does this mean that the 'nice' Eun-mi that Dae-Jung knew from before was just a façade? If that's so, this sounds like a very interesting game, then...
Sooo... This is a historical fiction? I love stories that are carefully researched for, especially with an area of history I don't know much about. I'm curious to see whether you will make their relationships realistic to the time period you're setting this in.
None so far, although Hye-Su seems like the most interesting character to me.
4. What about the gameplay? Will this be an event-driven game, or will there be stat-raising involved? I'm kinda confused about the VN/KN thing...
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Viobli
Regular

#5 Post by Viobli »

merdeamour wrote:1. What do you think of the heroine (Eun-mi) so far?
So Eun-mi's not a, er, 'good' character? Does this mean that the 'nice' Eun-mi that Dae-Jung knew from before was just a façade? If that's so, this sounds like a very interesting game, then...
Yes, it is planned to be like this, but her character might change depending on the paths.
merdeamour wrote:2. Opinions about the plot?
Sooo... This is a historical fiction? I love stories that are carefully researched for, especially with an area of history I don't know much about. I'm curious to see whether you will make their relationships realistic to the time period you're setting this in.
Yup, it is pretty much like a historical fiction (although the story doesn't focus on the history itself.)
merdeamour wrote:3. Opinions about other characters?
None so far, although Hye-Su seems like the most interesting character to me.
Hmm, same same, I'm more interested in the girls than the guys ^^. In fact I wasn't thinking of developing romance paths at the first place... (but well, I guessed some people would still like a little romance ._.)
merdeamour wrote:4. What about the gameplay? Will this be an event-driven game, or will there be stat-raising involved? I'm kinda confused about the VN/KN thing...
Second thoughts, I might make it just a VN, or with stat-raising involved. I do prefer having it as a VN but I personally think that the story might not fit as a VN... so this will be confirmed depending on how the story progresses.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#6 Post by merdeamour »

Mmm, got it. I think it could work both ways, although, of course, more work would be involved if you made this a stat-raising VN. If this were a KN, though, I think I could focus more on the drama between the women than in Eun-mi's relationship with the men if you made this a VN. Just my two cents xD
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#7 Post by Anne »

Will the game feature Korean clothing / houses / nature? I'd love that.

Viobli
Regular

#8 Post by Viobli »

merdeamour wrote:Mmm, got it. I think it could work both ways, although, of course, more work would be involved if you made this a stat-raising VN. If this were a KN, though, I think I could focus more on the drama between the women than in Eun-mi's relationship with the men if you made this a VN. Just my two cents xD
Yupp :D
Anne wrote:Will the game feature Korean clothing / houses / nature? I'd love that.
Yes since everything takes place in Korea.
All the clothing will be similar to Korean Drama Dong Yi.
Example of the concubine's clothing -> http://yao-1201.blogspot.sg/2011/12/best-partner.html (Here you see the MC of Dong Yi.)

Armee
Veteran

#9 Post by Armee »

Hmm...I can say that I don't take a like to her at most . But I guess she's suitable for the story. She sounds like one of those antagonist character in the Korean historical drama more than the protagonist.
The thing that Eun-Mi wasn't marry the king without her against it is new. I think she did this because of fame and such.
I like the queen most. It would be better if she's not unable to born a child. Rather than letting her can't born a 'prince' and all of her children with the king are girls. Eun-Mi would take advantage on that. If you do a research on Korea's history, you'll see the last king mother had a faithful woman served her. She's also her brother's wife. Both of them and the king other wife are very brutal when it come to power and fame. There is a movie based on it, you should check it out though it's a little long. It show clearly the rotten goverment and the women who stamd behind the king held a lot of power in their hand. The movie overall is full of tragic...Sorry if I was saying too much, hope you can find this useful ^^ I have a historical story about ancient romance too but so many projects to finish I didn't have time to touch it.

Viobli
Regular

#10 Post by Viobli »

Armee wrote:1. What do you think of the heroine (Eun-mi) so far?
Hmm...I can say that I don't take a like to her at most . But I guess she's suitable for the story. She sounds like one of those antagonist character in the Korean historical drama more than the protagonist.
The thing that Eun-Mi wasn't marry the king without her against it is new. I think she did this because of fame and such.
I like the queen most. It would be better if she's not unable to born a child. Rather than letting her can't born a 'prince' and all of her children with the king are girls. Eun-Mi would take advantage on that. If you do a research on Korea's history, you'll see the last king mother had a faithful woman served her. She's also her brother's wife. Both of them and the king other wife are very brutal when it come to power and fame. There is a movie based on it, you should check it out though it's a little long. It show clearly the rotten goverment and the women who stamd behind the king held a lot of power in their hand. The movie overall is full of tragic...Sorry if I was saying too much, hope you can find this useful ^^ I have a historical story about ancient romance too but so many projects to finish I didn't have time to touch it.
2. Yup that is so.
3. Hmm, that sounds like a good idea! That gave me an idea for an ending. (I also remembered that the queen for korean drama Queen Seondeok was also someone like that.) Thank you very much for the suggestion :D

Thank you so much for the comments! So I see that the Queen is most favorable so far ^^

Viobli
Regular

#11 Post by Viobli »

So I've updated the Queen's profile and added 3 more characters' profiles.
Anyway I figured out that the atmosphere for this might be very very heavy, so I thought of adding three characters (who are there for humor!) The first two are mainly for humor, but they are also there for other reasons. The third one has a very significant role for some endings, and somewhat for humor.
Princess Jin-ae: Mother, how was I born?
*cough cough* Mischievous Jin-ae in action >.>
Up to October, I will have little to no progress for this due to exams v.v But, I do have plenty of time during October to December. I plan to finish a smaller project of mine first before really beginning to work on this. As for the gameplay, it will be a stat-raising game, but there are still VN elements involved (means that to get an ending, choices have to be made.)

Viobli
Regular

#12 Post by Viobli »

Okay, so here are a few updates on the graphical part.
Firstly, I've finished the logo. First time drawing a dragon O.o I might change the logo in future since it looks a little strange to me for now...
Secondly, I finished a lineout/concept/sketch for Lady Eun-mi. Depending on the situation, I'll be the artist//just providing a concept. But, here is Lady Eun-mi's picture anyway:
(This is the 2nd draft when I drew the whole thing. I'm likely to change the eyes... I really can't decide what shape of eyes Eun-mi will look good in.)
*UPDATED* NEW LOGO! And I'm also working on a new Eun-mi sprite.