Rosewell Café [Otome/Romance][GxB](HIATUS)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Azariah
Regular
Projects: Ready, Set, Go!
Organization: Multiple Error

Rosewell Café [Otome/Romance][GxB](HIATUS)

#1 Post by Azariah »

I decided to post this here because I am actually very excited on making this work! But anyway, this is going to be my first VN/Otome Game and progress in this work might be a bit slow since I and only friend are currently working on it.
Screen Resolution: 1400 x 700

Progress:
Sprite - 40%
BG - 70%
Story - 30% [9,000+ words]
CG - 0%
GUI - 60%

Line/BG Artist/Writer/Programmer: Me!
Colorist/Co-Writer/Co-Programmer: ehhhme

STORY

The heroine of this story works as a waitress in a café she owns named Rosewell. She worked there her whole life because she promised her parents to watch over the said café that they worked hard for. Everything seemed perfect for the heroine until one day, a bunch of thugs arrived at the café. Her parents borrowed a big sum of money from those thugs' boss to build the café but they couldn't pay it back and so, the thugs said that if the heroine didn't pay her parents' debt, they will sell her beloved café. Because of this threat, our heroine sets out to find a new job as she ends up applying for a maid position at a rich household which is the Valsenmeir Mansion. There, she'll meet the persons that will change her life forever.

CHARACTERS

(I'm currently hesitating about making her a sprite.)
Heroine (name changeable)
- is the owner of Rosewell Café, but even though she owns the place, she still works there as a waitress. The Café was her parents gift to her before they went passed away.

Grayver Williams
- Grayver is rockstar that is very famous for his songs and his unparalleled charisma especially on stage. He is one of VEN's (Valsenmeir Entertainment Network) biggest asset and is Skyler's(scroll down for info about him) younger step-brother. He is a hot-headed and arrogant creature, but it turns out that all of it came from a broken-heart.

Caleb Leverett
- Caleb is a model, TV endorser, and one of the stock holders at VEN. He is Skyler and Grayver's cousin and he currently lives at the Valseinmeir mansion. He is quite the prince charming type and is a very nice guy but, you would never want him to get pissed.

Skyler Valsenmeir
- Skyler is the CEO of Valsenmeir Entertainment Network. He is the one who was entrusted with the Company's welfare because he is the first born and is the original son. Though he appears to be a bit boring and always on the business side, there's something about him that no one had ever thought.

(no sprite yet)
Emmarie Relvet
- Emmarie is the heroine's childhood bestfriend, she knows everything about her and is constantly giving advice to her when she needs it. She works at Rosewell Café as a manager because she's the one who is good at managing and she looks out for the heroine just as she promised to the heroine's parents.

(no sprite yet)
Cindy Rosetta
- Cindy is a famous actress known for her very beautiful face. Though she appears to be an angel on TV, her attitude is very foul and she likes to destroy the lives of others. She is quite a spoil brat and will do everything she can to obtain anything she wants, even if she steps on someone else's pride.

There are more other characters but I'll probably post them once I make a WIP thread of it soon. :D

BG:
[Credits to random SketchUp models and GIMP :3]

(Forgive me for using Lens Flare too much...)

GUI:

SO this is what I currently have right now...of course not entirely all of this, but this is what I can present for now. :D Further updates will be soon but hopefully, I can make a WIP thread of this and occasionally update it there. I haven't decided on a release date as I am still in the verge of contemplating whether I should publish this or not but...yeah...ANYWAY, hopefully my partner ehhhme and I succeed in this! BTW, don't worry about the sprites, I wont put it in the game like that xD my partner will color it but for now she isn't still finished so yeah... xDD GAAHHH. I hope I can get this done xDDD
Last edited by Azariah on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can be achieved."
- Napoleon Hill

VioletRose

Re: Rosewell Café [Otome/Romance][GxB]

#2 Post by VioletRose »

Looks good:D

I'll keep an eye out on this one. Good luck ;)

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#3 Post by Aurélie »

Ooh, this plot sounds unique and interesting! Caleb looks like my kind of guy ~

Is the café name's similarity to "Roswell" intentional or no? I half-expected an Americana VN, ahaha.

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#4 Post by Kingv »

Aurélie wrote:Ooh, this plot sounds unique and interesting! Caleb looks like my kind of guy ~

Is the café name's similarity to "Roswell" intentional or no? I half-expected an Americana VN, ahaha.
Same here about the name. I saw it and though, Roswell, like Roswell, New Mexico a town that's pretty famous for it's alien incidents. So I clicked on the tread thinking it would be about aliens who work at a cafe but appear to look human-like to blend in. ^^ But I like the sprite design so far, keep up the good work!

ehhhme
Projects: Rosewell Cafe

#5 Post by ehhhme »

VioletRose wrote:Looks good:D

I'll keep an eye out on this one. Good luck ;)
Ohmy... Really!? I'm happy to hear that! xD

---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ----

BTW i'm the other partner who's making the game :D.

The name of the cafe is pure coincidence. It does not have any relations with any real person, place or thing :D . LoL.

I'm very grateful and also my partner that all of you liked it xD... I bet she's overflowing with joy right now... pls keep on watch!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#6 Post by Kyra10 »

This looks great!
Keep it up!
:D

Azariah
Regular

#7 Post by Azariah »

Thank you so much for all the lovely compliments! I'm really happy right now! xD

Anyway, here is some pictures!

These won't be the official coloring style :) :3 The coloring will be made by my partner ehhhme and this are just my experiments, but the colors used are pretty much the same with the official sprite. :D At least you'll get to see Grayver and Caleb better. :D More updates soon! But probably I'll be making a WIP thread on the next update :)
- Napoleon Hill

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#8 Post by Alera »

The sprites look pretty nice! >w< All is quite nice, good luck! owo
Just excuse me of thinking about aliens every time I read the title //hit
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#9 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Loving the art so far!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Azariah
Regular

#10 Post by Azariah »

Alera wrote:The sprites look pretty nice! >w< All is quite nice, good luck! owo

LOL, don't worry about that. xD I really didn't know about that 'Roswell' town but if I did, I would probably be thinking the same thing...well actually...now that I know about it, I am thinking the same thing...xD Maye I should change the Café's name xD Whatdy'a think? :3

silverpikachu99 wrote:Loving the art so far!
Thank you! Glad you loved it! :DD
- Napoleon Hill

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Alera »

Azariah wrote:
Alera wrote:The sprites look pretty nice! >w< All is quite nice, good luck! owo

LOL, don't worry about that. xD I really didn't know about that 'Roswell' town but if I did, I would probably be thinking the same thing...well actually...now that I know about it, I am thinking the same thing...xD Maye I should change the Café's name xD Whatdy'a think? :3
It's up to you, maybe it's just me that thinks aliens XD
Though I was actually wondering, why using the name of the cafe btw? owo From the summary, I get that it's a starting point, but the setting is actually the mansion? Or maybe I got it wrong...
Games:

Azariah
Regular

#12 Post by Azariah »

Alera wrote:
It's up to you, maybe it's just me that thinks aliens XD
Though I was actually wondering, why using the name of the cafe btw? owo From the summary, I get that it's a starting point, but the setting is actually the mansion? Or maybe I got it wrong...
Actually, you're right, the mansion really is the setting. xDD I'm just so bad at making titles that I made the café's name the title...but you know, I think I'll change the name, it's not too late to do it...right? xDD
- Napoleon Hill

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Alera »

Azariah wrote:
Actually, you're right, the mansion really is the setting. xDD I'm just so bad at making titles that I made the café's name the title...but you know, I think I'll change the name, it's not too late to do it...right? xDD
Of course it's not too late, it's still wip, so XD Don't rush with the name maybe, it may come to you as you write more >w<
Games:

Aines445
Regular

#14 Post by Aines445 »

Holy bishounen ikemen shizzling fudges, the art! That art! Too bishounen for my nose *Ahem* The story seems otome enough, the art doesn't need to be spoken of any further but it would be nice to have a sprite of our heroine (By the way, what I said earlier about the art was a complement). If you don't want to then I'm fine without one, but I just thought it would look nicer that way. I'm really looking forward to this, so I guess I'll patiently wait for its completion. (8D)

Azariah
Regular

#15 Post by Azariah »

Alera wrote:
Of course it's not too late, it's still wip, so XD Don't rush with the name maybe, it may come to you as you write more >w<
I guess you're right about that...I'm decided that the title will be currently I undecided for now xDD I'll try and look for a better name. :D
Aines445 wrote: Holy bishounen ikemen shizzling fudges, the art! That art! Too bishounen for my nose *Ahem* The story seems otome enough, the art doesn't need to be spoken of any further but it would be nice to have a sprite of our heroine (By the way, what I said earlier about the art was a complement). If you don't want to then I'm fine without one, but I just thought it would look nicer that way. I'm really looking forward to this, so I guess I'll patiently wait for its completion. (8D)
LOL thanks! I'm glad you liked the art ^-^ And yeah, I think you're right about making a sprite for the heroine, so I guess I'll make one :3 Thanks for your support in this game! :3
- Napoleon Hill