HEX [BxB] [Cyberpunk] [Action]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Happysmily

HEX [BxB] [Cyberpunk] [Action]

#1 Post by Happysmily »

I've started work on a BL Visual novel, may have some 18+ scenes in it but will most likely be placed at the end of good endings and not vital for the plot. Focuses more on action rather than romantic encounters.

Story: The story HEX is set in the year 20XX in a cyberpunk universe, a group small of rich politicians have all gained access to power over the country. Even so, none of these politicians have any love for each other, only using each other as tools to increase their own personal fame and fortune. In order to remove each other from power, every politician hires multiple investigative and defensive agencies to protect their information and expose incriminating or scandalous information of the others; forcing them to step down from power. Through the internal struggle, gap between the rich and poor continue to grow. As a result, multiple resistance groups have started banding together in order to destroy this oligarchical government.
The story follows and infiltration spy unit comprised of two members of one of these resistance groups: Jason and Bennett. Their mission is to obtain any and all information concerning members of the government and expose any incriminating data on them.

Characters:
Jason (Protagonist): An orphan who works for a resistance group

Bennett: Jason's childhood friend from the orphanage also working in the resistance

Klaude/Leon: The advisor for the group, in charge of giving assignments and accessing performance.

Yosuke: A successful hitman for the resistance.

Keisuke: The younger brother to Yosuke. A hit man in training.

N0va: The resistance's digital terrorist, gathers information and organizes/decrypts obtained data

Planned Features
-Five guys to go after, including a "True Route" character
-At least two endings for each character (Good and Bad) for a total of at least ten endings
-Custom GUI, Sprites, CG
-18+ for some endings
-Almost forgot to mention: Free as well

*Please keep in mind much is subject to change

Questions for you!
I haven't seen many as many BL games as I have Otome games;
1- Is this a BL game you would be interested in playing?
2- Do the characters look interesting?
3- Do you have any advice for my first visual novel?
Anything else you want to ask or mention please feel free! But don't feel like you have to answer anything, I would just like to hear your input!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: HEX [BxB] [Cyberpunk] [Action]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

It can be difficult to justify only male x male (or GxG) pairings. Please state if one or more of the following are true in your fictional world:

* Sexuality is different (for example, a world where most men are gay)
* There are no women (at all, or nearby)
* The resistance group is a sort of clique where gay/bi men congregate

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#3 Post by Katta »

I'd be definitely interested in playing your game, I love cyberpunk! Though I'd prefer the characters to be more techno-looking, like with some devices or implants, but they are pretty cool as is too) I like the protagonist and Nova (except his scarf :P) the most.

Mr. Kent
Projects: Destiny Limit
Organization: Zesty Pineapple Productions

#4 Post by Mr. Kent »

I don't think you have to worry about "justifying" anything. It's BxB because it is meant to be :D (IMHO of course)

I like the designs, and I'm sure I'd like this game.

Happysmily

#5 Post by Happysmily »

Thank you for your inputs so far!

@Gekiganwing: There will definitely be female side characters, but they're more on field duty for the fact that its easier for them to move around in the physical world.
The main character has always been fighting against the government so he hasn't thought about relationships so much. You could say he's pansexual, or more accurately he would prefer to be with someone compatible with him. Ideas for a female love interest was played around with, but five characters is more than enough for me haha.
The other love interest characters are either gay, bi or pan. Love generally forms when both parties recognize the strength and loyalty in each other.
Most people are too preoccupied to be concerned about gender.

There are plenty of gxb and gxg vns so I simply thought I'd contribute to the bxb pool.

I hope this sounds a little more realistic or "justified" for you! Once again it's just a fiction work where I want boys to kiss at some point lmao.

@Katta: thank you for your input! There will be cyberpunkesque technology, but I should really think about incorporating it into their designs. N0va is still a work in process and doesn't yet have an outfit yet, but I'll think about changing up the scarf a little. It's a bit tacky isn't it hahaha.

@Mr. Kent: thank you for your input '

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#6 Post by kaleidofish »

1- Is this a BL game you would be interested in playing?
2- Do the characters look interesting?
3- Do you have any advice for my first visual novel?
1 - Cyberpunk, BL, and some political intrigue? I'm sold! Could you let us in on some more information about the technology of your universe? How heavy is the reliance on technology here? I saw you mentioned you'd like to incorporate it into their designs some more. Will the tech in their designs be for fashion or a practical purpose?

2 - Their headshots are rather plain for Cyberpunk, but I think you know this already. I might not have known if I didn't see the thread title & blurb text. Feel free to go heavy on the punk aspect and make them a little more wild.

3 - Keep it simple. Break things down into one chunk at a time. Make finishing one of the love interests your goal, then do another. You might discover that 2 is enough to get your project's message across. No need to make your dream VN at this time - better to have something done than nothing at all!
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Happysmily

#7 Post by Happysmily »

kaleidofish wrote:
1 - Cyberpunk, BL, and some political intrigue? I'm sold! Could you let us in on some more information about the technology of your universe? How heavy is the reliance on technology here? I saw you mentioned you'd like to incorporate it into their designs some more. Will the tech in their designs be for fashion or a practical purpose?

2 - Their headshots are rather plain for Cyberpunk, but I think you know this already. I might not have known if I didn't see the thread title & blurb text. Feel free to go heavy on the punk aspect and make them a little more wild.

3 - Keep it simple. Break things down into one chunk at a time. Make finishing one of the love interests your goal, then do another. You might discover that 2 is enough to get your project's message across. No need to make your dream VN at this time - better to have something done than nothing at all!
Thank you very much for your input!
To answer some of your questions; some characters will use technology more often than others, since everything relies on technology so much, doing things the old fashioned way sometimes goes under the radar. I'm hoping for some flying cars/motorcycles especially in richer districts since the population has grown almost too much, leaving not much space for roads.
As for character designs, I hope to make it as practical as possible; something along the lines of holographic watches and detailed heads up display type binoculars. Though those are obviously kinda tacky I'm hoping to create technology that functions along those lines but streamline them a little. Though some characters may opt for something more fashionable, it depends on their personality. I'll also try and work on the punk a little more when it comes to character designs!

I wanted to make this simple, and it'll be generally pretty straightforward if time consuming. My desire is to have a game accessible to different kinds of people while telling the story of the world in the same way, or put simply, no matter who you choose to go with; the setting will always be consistent. I want people to enjoy the characters they're with while enjoying the same premise of the story if that makes any sense. Maybe it's a little ambitious but it's my hope for now.

I appreciate the time you've taken, thank you!