Life Goes On

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Dragon
Regular

Life Goes On

#1 Post by Dragon »

This is my first and new project I've been working on so far. I know it isn't much, but I just wanted to gie you a summary of what its like. It's not finished yet; I'm still working on it. By the way, it would really help if I had some artists to help me with some characters. I don't really care about the backgrounds.
Attachments
Life Goes On.zip
Sorry, its Winrar. I plan on getting rid of this dumb thing. Its causing problems to my computer.
(11.18 MiB) Downloaded 152 times

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Life Goes On

#2 Post by Der Tor »

cool... ya just gotten yaself ya first fan (-:

I mean yeah it's not much, but it's a solid beginning with a solidly characterized protagonist... ya can easily make a solid an moving story out of it.

Besides his background as well as atitude is pretty much 1 on 1 identical to my own (except that the girl at ma door 3 days ago took away some of ma pessimism :-).

So ya... story wise i think it can get pretty solid. An if ya have a begining situtation like that it also gives ya the possibility for like all sorts of different choices and endings. From suicide as bad ending to world domination as a worse ending, to get the girl of ya dreams and become president everything is possible, and easy to make believable with a starting situation like that.

PS: I just thought of something... didn't he like mention at the begining that God is testing him? So if ya like run out of intrestin ideas of how to make the story progress, ya can easily use that as a plot device like a Deus Ex Machina (-: I mean why not MAKE it a moral test (of the player that is). If like the player makes like greedy, desperate, hatefull or lustfull choices, than make the story turn for the worst, an make it lead to the bad endings. If on the other hand the player makes selfless choices despite the situation allready being pretty bad, than make him get one of the good endings. 8)

dandelion

#3 Post by dandelion »

I also would love to see this idea come to fruition! Kyo is a very versatile character, and has great potential for a VN hero.
Take a look at this:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... rtrait.jpg
and tell me if you want to see more. I'd be happy to help with characters if you're interested. :D

Dragon
Regular

#4 Post by Dragon »

T_T Thank you both very much!! I'm so happy, I'm crying right now!! I'm glad I have atleast 2 fans who like my story. Thank you both. ^_^

P.S. About that idea for how to choose your life, I like it. If not for this one, I'll definetly try using it in my next story.

P.P.S. Thank you for helping me with the characters. I'm glad I now have an artist to help me with the characters. But, Kyo is a boy. And I'm not saying I didn't like that picture, it was good. I can use it for one of my other characters.

See, right now Kyo is in a dream. He's sleeping, and he's dreaming about his past. That's chapter one. I'm basically just explaining his past. Chapter 2, I plan on calling The Trip. He's being sent on a business trip to Japan. There, he will explore the sights and meet many other people. He will meet 4 women and get to know them. Silimar to a dating sim.

Here are the people in my story:

Kyo- Our protagonist. He is upset at how his life has turned out. Will he find true love in his trip to Japan?
Kira- An French/Italian woman who moved to Japan 2 years ago. She works as a servant at a resturant Kyo frequently visits.
Kazuma- A minor roll. He is a work buddy of Kyo's and is the one who introduces him to Kira.
Momo- A nice, young Japanese woman. She works at an animal vet. She meets Kyo after they bump into each at a Japanese garden.
Narume- A miko. She meets Kyo while taking a visit to the local shrine. She is distrustful of him at first, but gradually warms up to him as he gets to know more about her.
Kazuto- Another minor role. He is Kazuma and Kyo's boss. He often invites the two of them to join him when for a drink at the bar.
Nicole- A young Japanese school student. Kyo meets her after a substitue is needed for her class. She doesn't really trust guys much, because she thinks their perverts. But after meeting you, she thinks may have been wrong.

Well this is a summary of the game. Here's where I am currently:
Attachments
Life Goes On.zip
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by Dragon on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandelion

#5 Post by dandelion »

heh...I knew that. Sample picture was kinda random, though, I'll admit. It's not supposed to be Kyo. XD
I could draw him if you wanted, though...?
Eww, don't use that image. It's just a sample. I'd do custom sprites for your game.

Like this one:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... kira01.jpg
A black-and-white sketch of Kira, or at least my take on her.

I left it black and white 'cause if you envisioned her differently, I wanna be able to change it without losing too much work.
So lemme know what you think, I guess.
I'll have a lot lot more on the way, so...yeah. XD

(I hope it's not too forward of me to be posting stuff like that...>3>)

also, i read through the script, and the game seems great so far, but my computer wouldn't run the file 'cause of the way the menu is indented...i dunno if it just messed up when i downloaded it, but...eh.

Dragon
Regular

#6 Post by Dragon »

That maid drawing of Kira is really good. I like it. If you're going to color her, her hair needs to be blonde, please. I really like how she is drawn. ^_^ Thank you very much. And no you're not being forward. I'm actually happy. You and Der Tor are the only ones who've said something about it. So really, its me who's should be thanking you. ^^

Oh yeah, I added a new character:

Fyer- Kyo's superior at work. She feels sorry for all that has happened to you. She's always liked him, but is too scared to admit it. She decides to go to Japan with you to relieve her of the stress she is dealing with at home.

dandelion

#7 Post by dandelion »

I'm glad you like it. I tried another version, just in case. >.<
The style's a little 'cuter'...I'm not sure which one would fit her personality better...^^;;
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... kira02.jpg

I'll draw the next batch of characters now. Heheh.
(sounds like I might need a little bit of a redesign on that restaurant uniform...or maybe it'll be clearer in color. Oh well. XD)

Dragon
Regular

#8 Post by Dragon »

I like both of them. They both look cute. ^^ But to pick, the 2nd one looked better. But like I said, they were both cute. And I can't wait to see the others. ^_^

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by DaFool »

Since I'm booked in a lot of things, all I can offer here is my support. Good to know progress here is going strong. Keep on working on the game, the demo was a good start. Great character designs, by the way.

dandelion

#10 Post by dandelion »

thanks to both of you, I think. Dragon, I'm glad you liked the second design better. That one's my favorite as well. :D

I have two more for your approval:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... momo01.jpg [[Momo]]
and
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... rume01.jpg [[Narume]]

The one for Momo I'm not quite happy with, so even if you do like the design I'll probably do some more editing. >.>;; (specifically, her pose is kinda static, her expression's off somehow, and I drew the bottom half of her clipboard after I uploaded the image. So just pretend for now. >.<)

Narume might just need kanji editing. I wasn't sure what sort of characters would be on shrine papers, and I wasn't about to write letters to the gods in Japanese, so I just put in a few relevant characters: temple, luck, and kami are the three semi-legible ones. My handwriting's kinda bad...(._.)

Dragon
Regular

#11 Post by Dragon »

I'll admit that there is something that weirds me out because of the way Momo is drawn, but I do like how you made her. And I Narume is good as well. And sorry, but I don't know what Kanji is. ^^;

P.S. Thank you for your commits, DaFool. It means a lot.

dandelion

#12 Post by dandelion »

a colorized version. is this style of coloring all right, or would you prefer more CG-style, or more cel-style?
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... acolor.png
the .png format ate my colors, it seems. >.<
(so don't bother using this one, it's just to get an idea of the coloring style. I'll have to .gif it or else adjust the colors before it's ready. but now is a good time to tell me if you don't like the style or the color i.e. her dress is too pink for you, 'cause it'll be real easy to change. ^^)

Heh. It's okay, not many people do know Kanji (japanese characters). So I guess it doesn't matter what they say. >D

I guess now would be an okay time to ask about expressions? how many per character, which ones?

sorry, long post. >.<

Dragon
Regular

#13 Post by Dragon »

I like what you did to her. She looks really cute. ^_^ And If you could, I'd like her CG-style. And I'm sorry to ask you this as of now, but can you make her hair longer? Like to the middle of her back? And make her look French/Italian? I'm really sorry if I'm overworking you. My friend told me at the last min. <_<
And for her experssions: The one right there could found as happy. The others could be angry, sad, and worried. Thank you. ^^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by monele »

PNG is lossless, so it can't eat colors, unlike JPG. But uuh, I actually can't see your picture so I'll assume it's fully transparent... and that might be the problem :)
*tries*... Ah, actually it seems ok in that regard... so I really don't know what could cause any color loss ô_o

dandelion

#15 Post by dandelion »

It must be photobucket, then. 'Cause when I compare that image to the original, there's a significant desaturation, but when I downloaded the image again, the colors were fine. It doesn't matter, in that case. ^^;;

Dragon: It's not a problem at all! ^^ the only thing I'm worried about is how to make her look "more French/Italian"...is there something specific that would get this across?

And here's a Nicole, in a rather ALICE-ish pose. Submitted for your approval. XD
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z268 ... cole01.jpg