7 Days ~ A Week of Twisted Sanity (GXB, VN, Fantasy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SadisticWonderland
Regular
Projects: 7 Days~ A Week of Twisted Sanity!

7 Days ~ A Week of Twisted Sanity (GXB, VN, Fantasy)

#1 Post by SadisticWonderland »

Hi, guys! This is my first serious attempt of making a visual novel so...uh...constructive criticism and helps would be nice. I just start this a few days ago so not much is done. I appreciate any helps especially in repairing the plot because my slightly sane self said it is a bit too twisted....

So, here the plot:

Once upon a time, in faraway twisted land; our story started…

You will play as young lady of your honourable family. 17 years old is your age and during those years, you believed you had gone through a normal life, with normal friends.

Too bad that it is going to change.

It starts when she appears. A foreign girl who introduced herself as Karin daughter of Poseidon (yeah, take a wild guess of what she is). It appears like she is drowning when you first meet her thus you invite her to your house; partly because you are a lonely child and partly because you are very curious about her. She then explains the reason she set on her journey (which that journey end up with her being drifted away by a raging storm to the land you live in).

Karin explains her mission. She needs to find her older brother (stepbrother from the same father) to replace her father as the leader of her kin. She says that this is their only chance to find him because during the few days before any one of her kin reached the age of 18; signs of maturity will appear. That is the only way for them to pinpoint her brother’s real location. When the signs disappear; he will never be found again—unless if luck is on their side.

Truthfully, Poseidon is not really relying on ‘luck’ to retrieve his long lost son back.

They have 7 days before the signs completely disappear.

7 days to find the heir of Poseidon.

7 days of absolute twisted sanity for you…

Because neither of your friends is actually normal all these times…

Time is ticking; a week is unfortunately short…

And you have to watch your back because one wrong move can get you killed.

So....that is the rough plot...I don't really want to go detail and reveal that one of her friends (and potential boyfriend) is a dreadful psychopath..so yeah...I think I should keep the rest of the storyline as a secret for the sake of the surprise in the project.. =3

Now, on to characters!

Truthfully, I only managed to finish the sprites of the characters… @_@ I haven’t start with the scenes shots and backgrounds yet. Which that needs lots of help. I suck at backgrounds….
Sanity is always deformed...

SadisticWonderland
Regular

Re: 7 Days ~ A Week of Twisted Sanity (GXB, VN, Fantasy)

#2 Post by SadisticWonderland »

Now, for real…Characters! (some names are edited!)

Player_close_up.png
Elraine Scarlet (Name changeable)

The protagonist of this story and this is the character you will be playing as. 17 years old, she is bubbly, slightly stubborn and too curious for her own good. She is the only daughter for Baron Scarlet (changeable) and also is the best friend of the prince. Even though she is literally a princess (with her social class and duh, best friend with the prince since child—did anyone sees the King’s sneaky plot there?) she is very down-to-earth and often willing to join commoners for any activities they invite her to.

Leo_close_up.png
Leo Scarlet (last name changeable) — available boy to pursue

He is actually an orphan; found by Baron Scarlet on the beach after a vicious storm when he was a baby. How he even survived the storms without getting drown or being drifted away by the waves is a mystery. Dear old Baron loves and dote him a lot because he always wants a son. Too bad, because of the Baron's sister-in-law’s harsh words, Leo chose to leave the family. Since he left when he was five and Elraine (you) was four; they are more to best friends rather than siblings. Leo is a cheerful and caring young man that is loved by almost everyone around him. One weird thing about him; he trusts the water, a lot.

Ian_close_up.png
Ian SilverKnight — available boy to pursue

The prince’s personal bodyguard (18 years old). Adopted by the single-unmarried old Lord SilverKnight; he had no memories whatsoever of his life before he was found by the old lord. He was found wandering aimlessly as a confused child along the beach, with a strange pendant engraved with his name and birth sign. Stoic and quiet, Ian is considered as emotionless by most people. He rarely speaks; unless if it is necessary and to him, the prince’s life is his top priority. Protecting the prince even if his own life deceased is what his is willing to do.

Yuu_close_up.png
Arthur Tourmente — available boy to pursue

The bubbly childish prince (16 years old). The only son of the king and is not so popular among neighbouring princes and princesses because of his interest. That’s the reason his only friends are Ian and Elraine (you) and soon is joined by Leo too. He is very childish and spoiled though in certain occasions he portrays himself as a caring wise future king. He always tries to run away from Ian with excuses of bored being cared of for every seconds of his life. Truth is; he is a wicked cunning boy. Hiding behind his cute childish dazzling smile, he keeps a dark secret.

Reiji_close_up.png
Zane of Rex

A young man from the free neighbouring land of dinosaur’s breeders (18 years old). His last name is taken from the raptor that took care of him (how that even happens without him getting eaten is a mystery—even to other breeders). Rex is a young raptor that just freshly hatched and was on his first run when he found Zane. Because of certain unknown miracles, both newborns—human infant and baby raptor becomes so attached to one another. Shy and mild-manner; Zane is different from the rest of the breeders—which are very savage in manner—and thus he is the middle man between the breeders and the kingdom. Nothing can lie to his eyes. He sees you, in what you really are.

Karin.png
Karin Daughter of Poseidon

Poseidon’s only daughter from his second wife and the princess of Atlantis (yes, she is a mermaid). She was on her journey to find her stepbrother (from Poseidon’s first dead wife) when the fateful storm hit and drifts her to the kingdom the story takes place. She holds strongly to the rights of heritance and believe that only her older brother is the one who will be the rightful heir for her father’s underwater throne; even though if he is a half-human breed. She loves and trust everything unless it gives her any reason to not to. Totally in-adapt to the human world; she often get distracted with things that can only be found on land.

My favourite character and that is not because he is half-naked most of the time... (riiiiight)
My favourite character and that is not because he is half-naked most of the time... (riiiiight)
Shun — available boy to pursue

(P/s: I purposely make this character available after the players get one of the final good ending.)

A strange mysterious young merman. He starts wandering around the coast during the time Karin arrive at the kingdom. Very curious about humans but he tends to keep his cold distance and push you away like a sulking porcupine every time you come close. Gifted with the ability to command sea beasts. He really wants to see Poseidon’s eldest prince return to the sea and take over the throne. He strongly despises Prince Arthur and seems to have a strange aversion to Ian. Though, he adores Leo a lot.

So...They are the important characters...Does any of them already become your favourite?
Last edited by SadisticWonderland on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

The arts very nice! Ohh and the stories so awesome too! Good luck with this~!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

SadisticWonderland
Regular

#4 Post by SadisticWonderland »

silverpikachu99 wrote:The arts very nice! Ohh and the stories so awesome too! Good luck with this~!!

^^ Thank you...I'm a little bit insecure about the story line because almost all boys will end up killing her if it goes to the bad ending... You encourage me now~

Val3rie
Projects: Tokyo Crazy Paradise

#5 Post by Val3rie »

The art is beautiful! Haha, I'm already into Ian <3 I actually think the plot is quite interesting since I like adventure type otome games. Arg, good luck with this idea, I hope you can take this further :)

Rhuby

#6 Post by Rhuby »

Wow, this looks great! I'm most definitely going to be keeping an eye out on this :D

I, personally, like Shun and Ian.

Good luck with this~

You now have a stalker for this thread, hehe XD

SadisticWonderland
Regular

#7 Post by SadisticWonderland »

I already finished about 45% of the coding&story while the sprites are 95% done. Hehehe...So I try to draw some CGs~

I don't know why I draw the kiss scene for Shun first... XD

Anyhow, I need your opinions. I kinda want to let Shun's hair loose in this CG but does he look like a girl in the sketch? I try my hardest to make him look less girl with his long hair...but it end up as a failure... :/

What do you think? What should I change/repair to make this sketch a good drawing? (yes I think I'm going to do the CGs in traditional art cuz my mouse is broken and I can't draw digitally without my mouse...)

Please tell me your honest opinion. I know how to take critics the positive way. :D
CG_shun_sketch.jpg
Shun...How do your kind make mer-babies? XD

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#8 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I don't think he looks feminine at all! He's masculine (and hot) Keep it up, there is honestly nothing I could say, just keep going with the flow.
i'll cry if you yell at me

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

I must say, I'm excited for this! I've always loved stories set under the sea. :) Oh, I hope this comes out soon!

As for the CG, it's fine, and the dude doesn't look too feminine, I guess. Though it is a bit hard to see which one is the girl. Maybe thicken his eyebrows there or something? Haha, I know thick brows aren't just a male thing, but maybe it could help. And besides, when you add the colors, I'm pretty sure the gender will be pretty easy to identify then. :)

SadisticWonderland
Regular

#10 Post by SadisticWonderland »

silverpikachu99 wrote:I don't think he looks feminine at all! He's masculine (and hot) Keep it up, there is honestly nothing I could say, just keep going with the flow.
^^ Thank you! That's relief. I'll try to keep up my pace in finishing this project~

Ran08 wrote:I must say, I'm excited for this! I've always loved stories set under the sea. :) Oh, I hope this comes out soon!
Hahaha...Most of it will happen on land actually. And I hope the same too!

Ran08 wrote:As for the CG, it's fine, and the dude doesn't look too feminine, I guess. Though it is a bit hard to see which one is the girl. Maybe thicken his eyebrows there or something? Haha, I know thick brows aren't just a male thing, but maybe it could help. And besides, when you add the colors, I'm pretty sure the gender will be pretty easy to identify then. :)
That's a good idea. I'll see if I can repair this and make him looks more masculine. Thank you for the suggestion!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#11 Post by Kyra10 »

I like the art and the plot~
This looks like it'll be really fun to play~
I'm looking forward to this! Good luck! ^^

SadisticWonderland
Regular

#12 Post by SadisticWonderland »

I have a confession...Truth is; I'm seriously bad at giving names. These names I just pull out randomly out of nowhere and after reviewing everything; I think some characters need to have their name changed.

Any good ideas for Yuu and Reiji? and maybe Leo too... :/ Okay I edit this. Google is very helpful.

New names for characters!

Yuu Takeru = Arthur Conan Doyle...lol Jk. I'm thinking of Arthur Tourmente (it almost spell like Torment. XD There is a reason for that.)
Reiji = Zane
Leo = Hmm...I don't think I'm gonna change his name. XP

reference: http://medieval.stormthecastle.com/medieval-names.htm and http://www.gaminggeeks.org/Resources/Ka ... rnames.htm

Because the setting aren't fit for Japanese names. XD

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#13 Post by Ran08 »

Awww, you changed Yuu's name. :( Bummer. Haha. I like the new name Zane though. Haha. But really, even Yuu?! Awwww. Hahaha. :))

SadisticWonderland
Regular

#14 Post by SadisticWonderland »

So my friend point out that I should draw better clothes for Arthur (I keep wanting to call him Yuu... XP)

This is his previous clothes....
yuu - default.png

And this is the new one...
Arthur - default.png

And I make a party suit for an event...
Arthur party default.png

I do hope his new clothes are better than the old one. ><

-------------------------------
Ran08 wrote:Awww, you changed Yuu's name. :( Bummer. Haha. I like the new name Zane though. Haha. But really, even Yuu?! Awwww. Hahaha. :))
lol. It will be odd if he's the only one with Japanese name there. XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAME PROGRESS
Script: 42%
Word Count so far: 25 177 words
Sprites: 98%
CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 20%
Programming: 15%
GUI: 0%
Music: 50%

SadisticWonderland
Regular

Re: 7 Days ~ (GXB, VN, Fantasy) - Update GUI!

#15 Post by SadisticWonderland »

I think I have completed the GUI...
Main menu
Main menu
The title '7 Days' hover
The title '7 Days' hover
'Load' button hovered.
'Load' button hovered.
With namebox
With namebox
screenshot0019.png
screenshot0020.png
screenshot0021.png

By the way; I think I'm going to re-do the sprites. No major changes I think because I only want to change my colouring since I found lots of useful tutorials.

And the backgrounds are horrible -just a heads up to you.