Gothloli Fashion Academy

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Gothloli Fashion Academy

#1 Post by DaFool »

Beginning Technical Specifications:

G x All (friendship) game
Rating: Teen (for excessive otaku references)
Setting: Connecticut / New England / 'Old Home' in Haibane Renmei
5 Characters (3 Female, 2 Male), full-bodied sprite system using a more advanced palette-swapping technique
36,000 words for VN portion
Sim elements: 8 - Room Location system using a more advanced dynamically-built set
Soundtracks: Ambient Classical with J-rock main themes.

ETA to completion: Faster than Nettestadt Troll.
Current mental status: Insane :shock:

Project stuff still owed to other people, will get those done as well.

The date is now July 28, 2007 4:45AM GMT+8.00. Planning has been completed. This project has now officially entered into production.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Gothloli Fashion Academy

#2 Post by papillon »

... friendship? MUST HAVE KISSING LOLIGOTH GIRLS!

er. not obsessive. really.

Just a little kiss? On the cheek?

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#3 Post by DrakeNavarone »

GO GO GO! Godspeed, DaFool, Godspeed! Looking forward to it. Sounds like a really interesting idea from the title alone.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#4 Post by n9261andvari »

I'm looking forward to it! Go! DaFool-san! Ganbatte!!! :w00t!:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

Woop~ :D (but, really, no love?)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#6 Post by Sailor Kitty »

KYA!

And MEEP...

Misa is young gothloli. Misa loves Gothloli.
YES!!
GOTHLOLI GAME!!

Sorry, just had to get that out.
Please get some sneaky-peeks up real soon!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#7 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Another great DaFool game!!! XD I'm excited! w00t!

Hope your brain doesn't explode! Go DaFool!

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#8 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yay, Gothloli :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by DaFool »

In light of recent developments, since I barely put the pen to the paper on this project, I have decided to put this project on hold in favor of the following:

1.) Mind of Builders (All-Ages GxB) -- this was already completed in May. Technically it was my first completed (in terms of story) solo VN, but it was barebones (i.e. no pictures nor music). Since I am now assured the script is not competition-grade, I will be able to publish this as a visual novel.

Since my goal is for continuous improvement, it would make sense to release this first as my next solo release (in combination with what I had for Hardcastle and Cromwell, which will be put in as a bonus story)... that way, when Gothloli Fashion Academy comes around, it can truly kick its ass in all aspects -- well, hopefully anyway, since it's generally expected that one's writing improves with time, correct?

2.) I need to fulfill my obligations for Songs of Araiah and Invasion of the Panty Snatchers. (Well, I don't really consider them 'obligations' since I really wanted to take those projects on... they are enjoyable after all, but working on a VN is still work)

Also in my goal for continuous improvement, I hope to have 4 solo-made games under my belt by the end of 2008, culminating in My Little Wife; My Provincial Life where you play the role of a Gaston-like character in the alternate universe where he actually gets married to Belle (and I will make sure to change almost everything -- character designs, settings, etc, to be safe, so that nothing except personalities resemble the copyrighted characters), and that will be the Simple 2000 level professional-grade yaruge which I hope to achieve (It will be hardcore, with lots of HCGs and crazy clickables.) and perhaps sell, depending on if I feel that I myself am willing to pay $10 for it when it is complete.

Oh yeah... and it is assumed any other projects I mentioned before but am quiet about now are dropped. :oops: (Man, perhaps I should really start a VN-making blog).

Well anyways, I just gave away my long-term 'business plan' :shock: If I pull it off, then it could serve as additional ammunition in the annals of 'How to Complete VNs and Be an Accomplished Creator' blah blah blah. (No way I can catch up to mikey at this point, having only released a single game, but one can always try :D ) The experience anyway, as I tabulate the effort required for the following in the pipeline:

Mind of Builders + H&C: 7K + 11K word (18K total)
Gothloli Fashion Academy (36K)
My Little Wife; My Provincial Life (54K)

Heh...talking about projects is fun, more than the pain of actually doing them... I can never do a secret project, besides, talking about your ideas is registered by Google, the closest thing to essentially copyrighting them (or at least attributing them to you.)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by DaFool »

Uh... I would have to put this project on hold until next year (hopefully it will survive until then). Sorry to let you all down. But I barely did a thing here anyway besides lots of planning, plotting, and outlining (well, actual production-wise anyway).

Reasons:
*Brother is moving in next year, which means I'd have to hide my ero stuff. So I won't be able to work on my ero game then, therefore I must make my ero game now or never. Non-ero stuff like GFA I can work on anytime.
*I'm in the middle of setting up a tiny corporation (in a lucrative field unrelated to the stuff on this board), 2008-9 are going to be the tough years, but I can continue a wide audience flagship project such as GFA then. But first I still have to knock out what I currently have in my pipeline.
*A non-ero game has a wider audience. So it's better to get ones fetishes out while the audience is still small... which means, once again, the ero game is prioritized over GFA.

But all this doesn't mean that GFA won't be my flagship project for 2008.

Once again, sorry, but it seems release planning is important as well so that I can work according to life's circumstances.