The Knight and The Alchemist

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

Re: The Knight and The Alchemist

#16 Post by n9261andvari » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:33 pm

DaFool wrote: Um, begging to ask for a long time... Hysengarde -- a black haired Alchemist? With glasses? (Jakob was a black-haired alchemist with glasses. Not meant to accuse you or anything. :wink: )
I shall be very honest...I was inspired by Jakob very much but I already had original plans on Hysengarde's design which was long black hair and wears glasses. Somehow when I saw Jakob in NT it made me finalize my decision to use that design since it matches his character. But yeah you caught me admiring your character :oops: :mrgreen:
mikey wrote:And now that Time's Tear is out, I'll confess this was a cryptic message - our princess in that game is also called Alicia (spoken "Alyssia"). So when I saw "princess Alyssia", it had a strange familiarity to it :P.
Ooh...actually Alyssia's name is not pronounced as Alicia but has a similar sound to it. In Alyssia the "s" is dragged more, giving it a sort of hissing sound if you say it slowly. Alicia, the sound is more A-li-shi-a, while is Alyssia it's more A-lis-sia. But yeah I get what you're saying. Maybe it is a cryptic message! :mrgreen:

Anyways the production for this game is temporarily put on hold. I didn't know the first two weeks of the semester could bring forth so much work already! XD But no worries, it will be completed. I just need to squeeze it into my schedule...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:57 pm

n9261andvari wrote:Ooh...actually Alyssia's name is not pronounced as Alicia but has a similar sound to it. In Alyssia the "s" is dragged more, giving it a sort of hissing sound if you say it slowly. Alicia, the sound is more A-li-shi-a, while is Alyssia it's more A-lis-sia. But yeah I get what you're saying. Maybe it is a cryptic message! :mrgreen:
Yes, but... The US English usually pronounces Alicia as "A-li-shi-a" - however, Time's Tear's Alicia is spoken like what I've often heard in British English - indeed as "A-lis-sia" or even better "Ali-sya". In any case, it's not pronouced with a "sh"[*]. So the two names sound similar after all ^_^.

Ah, anyway... sorry about the on hold status... :(

[*] officially, that is. Of course it can be spoken in any way that feels natural to your language, so "sh" is completely fine. In my language we'd call her "A-li-tsi-ya", strictly speaking.

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#18 Post by n9261andvari » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 am

Hmm...to draw my own background art or not...I've been thinking that it would be quicker if I asked someone to help me with the background art, but then again I don't wanna bother anyone...
Does anybody know of a good site that has free, yet cool, stock photos of life from the medieval era?