The Knight and The Alchemist

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

The Knight and The Alchemist

#1 Post by n9261andvari »

Thought I'd share the progress of my first project. This will take a while to finish but I will guarantee that it will be completed.

EDIT: I am NOT dead! Lol, just in case if anyone was wondering where I've gone. :mrgreen: Anyways I've decided to revamp the artwork therefore the completion percentage for this project has been reduced to 10% HOPEFULLY...this game will be out by January or February...HOPEFULLY, so keep your fingers crossed.

Story:
Princess Alyssia of the Kingdom of Lorkesa has just turned 18. Her father, King Alburn has spread word throughout the neighboring kingdoms that his daughter was 'up for marriage'. Alyssia however does not like the idea of being wooed by men she hardly ever knows and chooses to entertain her suitors only to make her parents happy. After a while the amount of suitors coming to visit her had gradually lessened until it eventually stopped. Alyssia thought that she could breathe easily now, but when she meets a knight and an alchemist, her life starts to change and perhaps marriage doesn't seem like a bad idea after all...

Characters:
Alyssia, princess of Lorkesa is 18 years old. She is a headstrong young lady and is also very curious. Although there are times her curiosity got her into trouble, she would always find a way to solve them.
"Argh, it irritates me so when the princes come here just to woo me with empty words."

Ryandiel, the knight is 20 years old. He is surprisingly too kind for his nature and some see him as a 'pacifist' knight, although there are also tales of him being a more than capable fighter in a battle.
"This is my first time in the castle and I’m afraid I have misplaced my manners."

Hysengarde, the alchemist is 20 years old. He usually keeps to himself when around others but he is surprisingly flirty around the princess. Also what are these rumors that tie him to the sudden death of Alyssia's tutor, Professor Deon?
"What? Is there something on my face?"

Progress Status:
Planning and layout: Complete
Story script: 60%
Character Sprites:-
Alyssia: 0%
Ryandiel: 0%
Hysengarde: 0%
Background Art: Pending, still in sketched form
CGs: Pending, still in sketched form
Music: 90% ((Need to sort out which one I'll use))
Scripting: 5%
Overall progress: 10%

No. of endings: 5
Beware! Even the protagonist can die in this game. :twisted:
Last edited by n9261andvari on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: The Knight and The Alchemist

#2 Post by Der Tor »

sounds great story wise. I also like your art... it's just that i allways thought there was something not quite right about it. Now i figured it out... it's the pupils - they don't HAVE pupils. Ussulay Mangas all all have pupils (it's just that they are not proportionate). But yours don't seem to have any... the eyes look just like easter egs... which makes them look kinda scary, and prevents them from looking cute.

That's the only negative thingy i got... everything else sounds great.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Hysengarde is charismatic ^_^

n9261andvari
Regular

#4 Post by n9261andvari »

But yours don't seem to have any... the eyes look just like easter egs... which makes them look kinda scary, and prevents them from looking cute.
Lol, indeed. I'll do something about the eyes after I've got everything done. Right now I'll leave it at that. It's still in production you know. (^_^)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#5 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Will the princess have any action?
Not THAT kind of action. :oops:

Will she rescue 'em, will she fight, will she do anything BUT be a damsel in distress?
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

n9261andvari
Regular

#6 Post by n9261andvari »

Sailor Kitty wrote:Will the princess have any action?
Not THAT kind of action. :oops:

Will she rescue 'em, will she fight, will she do anything BUT be a damsel in distress?
Yes, she does in one of the story arcs. She acts differently depending on the guy you go for.:mrgreen:

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#7 Post by PrettySammy09 »

This looks awesome! :) I'm EXTREMELY excited for this~! Good luck good luck good luck!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by DaFool »

I really like the premise for this. Something that is lacking around here is honest-to-goodness shoujo.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#9 Post by mikey »

n9261andvari wrote:Princess Alyssia of the Kingdom of...
Alyssia really sounds like a name of a princess. :P

n9261andvari
Regular

#10 Post by n9261andvari »

Something that is lacking around here is honest-to-goodness shoujo.
Hee hee I noticed that. There were a lot of games where the guys chase after the girls so I was like...if I can't find the one that I wish for, why not make it? Well truth be told I thought your NT was shoujo even if it was an H game...lol...something's wrong with my mind...cannot differentiate between shojou and shounen...
Lol...it was the first name that came into my head. I was like, "I need a name for a princess...Ally...sia...Alyssia!" Ryandiel is actually from a dumped renai project of mine...It was titled "Dream date with Ryandiel" where you play a girl going out with the guy of her dreams. It's kinda like Amagine Park I guess but I kinda discarded it because it wasn't..."provocative" enough lol.

chisa-chan
Regular

#11 Post by chisa-chan »

Sounds promising ^^ You're also good at naming.
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#12 Post by mikey »

n9261andvari wrote:
Lol...it was the first name that came into my head. I was like, "I need a name for a princess...Ally...sia...Alyssia!"
And now that Time's Tear is out, I'll confess this was a cryptic message - our princess in that game is also called Alicia (spoken "Alyssia"). So when I saw "princess Alyssia", it had a strange familiarity to it :P.

themocaw
Regular

#13 Post by themocaw »

n9261andvari wrote:
Something that is lacking around here is honest-to-goodness shoujo.
Hee hee I noticed that. There were a lot of games where the guys chase after the girls so I was like...if I can't find the one that I wish for, why not make it? Well truth be told I thought your NT was shoujo even if it was an H game...lol...something's wrong with my mind...cannot differentiate between shojou and shounen...
I wouldn't say NT was shoujo, more. . . crap, what's the word for young womens' manga, the feminine equivalent of seinen? Because, you know, shoujo manga usually doesn't feature graphic descriptions of sex.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by DaFool »

themocaw wrote: what's the word for young womens' manga, the feminine equivalent of seinen? Because, you know, shoujo manga usually doesn't feature graphic descriptions of sex.
josei. Although technically most of the works targeted at this demographic is BL / yaoi. And increasing amounts of shoujo do have sex, if you read the recent crackdowns in Japan. Usually if something has sex, it should clearly be labelled for the older demographic.

I try to make a shoujo or josei feel, but in the end, my writing becomes shounen or seinen (involving politics, war, social strife, and other hard-edged themes)

Ah, sorry for the thread hijack... back on topic...

Um, begging to ask for a long time... Hysengarde -- a black haired Alchemist? With glasses? (Jakob was a black-haired alchemist with glasses. Not meant to accuse you or anything. :wink: )

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#15 Post by PrettySammy09 »

mikey wrote: And now that Time's Tear is out, I'll confess this was a cryptic message - our princess in that game is also called Alicia (spoken "Alyssia"). So when I saw "princess Alyssia", it had a strange familiarity to it :P.
DaFool wrote: Um, begging to ask for a long time... Hysengarde -- a black haired Alchemist? With glasses? (Jakob was a black-haired alchemist with glasses. Not meant to accuse you or anything. :wink: )
You'd be surprised how much just playing a game can influence your design. I remember, after Drawn To You was released, I was absentmindedly drawing characters and I drew a character extremely like Rashad! And then I NAMED him Rashad. It was only after I went back to the game I realized it. XD And blushed really hard.

But I guess now would be the time to admit that I'm making a game about a ghost who walks around an island and meets a black haired glasses wearing alchemist and the two of them fall asleep and get transported to a faraway kingdom where they get their baseball tickets stolen by a group of people who run a Magical Convenience Store.