Format: VN [Friendship; Tragedy; Coming of Age]
Tagline: "A stone dropped in still water..."
Setting: A quiet mountainous town named Edgewater.
Plot: A young woman has given up, given in. She can't stand the helping hands that try to bind and the nagging words of her mother. She breaks away and tries to spread her wings, only to be grounded by heavy rains. Looking for shelter instead she finds a ghost from a hazy past. A woman dressed in all white holding a little blue, polka dotted umbrella. They stand around, they sit and chat and the rain keeps pouring... yet the young woman, for the life of her, can't seem to piece together the whys, whens, and wheres.
Who is this strange woman?
Why does she seem so very... familiar?
She must make a choice to open up her heart, open up her past, and accept a little polka dotted umbrella. Her life forever changed by a simple act of kindness. Only the truth shall set you free...
Brought to you by Hazel-Bun of Cherubim Scribes & co.!
"Get out of my face, dammit."
"A troubled teen who runs away from home and is caught in the rain while doing so. She has a rather cynical view of the world, in the process of breaking a mean swearing habit, and isn't the best at connecting with others to boot. Meets Lily Moon at a run down rest stop while trying to sort things out."
"Easy now! You’ll fall..."
"A strange woman who Elli encounters while trying to find shelter from the rain. Kind and beautiful even if her fashion sense is questionable, she offers up her umbrella to Elli and something seems to be hidden behind that ever present smile of hers."
"Elli? I'm scared."
"Elli's little brother. He's a rather sickly little boy who rarely goes out much and is in a rebellious stage right now."
"You're nothing without me."
"Elli's jealous, older, sort of ex-boyfriend."
Resolution: 1280x720 (possibly two more resolutions)
Endings: 3 Main, A couple of Bad, 1 secret
Rating: Currently Pg-13 (Mentions of sensitive topics as well as frequent cursing)
Story: Count (100%) (Done) (29,658 1st Draft)
Outline: 100% (Done)
Proofreading: 100% (The 1st draft)
Programming: 50% (Main menu, textbook, quick menus, and transitions functioning)
GUI: 100% (Done)
Demo: 0% (HA! It's like 3 years old so an updated one is in the works!)(Current one covers the first 5-10k)
Concepts: 100% (Done)
Completed: 5/5 (In-Progress) (Lines done w/o variations)
SFXs: DONE (There's a lot!)
Music: 5/5 (Done)
Logo: 1/1 (Done)
Icon: 1/1 (Done)
Backgrounds: 5/5 (Done & Animated)
CGs: 0/7 (w/o Variations)
Sprite Artists: truefaiterman & Hazel-Bun
Background Artist: Badriel
Promo Art: sasquatchii
Video Editor: Tcodina
Programming: Alex from CScribes, death__storm & Hazel-Bun
Idea Bouncer: NeoSota9
Will tidy up once it's not twelve in the morning. Wanted to have a new thread for an old WIP. Story is complete but in need of major revisions and art, etc. will be revamped once my current WIP is done (AtPF).
Old thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... t=19607url
Revamped the thread! A lot of stuff is in the air as the old demo is not a good judgement of progress anymore haha two more artist and musician joined though so, expect more stuff soon!
Elli's sprites nearing completion. Anatomy/shading/expressions next. Music under production soon.
- Added a shadowed version of Elli!
- Added lineart of Elvis and Lily, along with their quotes.
Uploaded a gif. of the sprite making process, along with two colored versions of Elvis!
- New programmer is coming on board!
- Elli's first name can now be changed.
Added a shot of Elli's boyfriend, Armando Ricardo Toledo aka Dante aka Trouble with a capital T.
- Added two CG sketches & a pencil sketch of the last sprites
- Armando's lines are complete
- GUI 100% (may change if more features are added)
- death_storm is polishing up the demo and coding in the existing GUI
- Writing snippet added
- All base line art finished for the sprites
- Art snaps and now officially a WIP thread
- BGs being commissioned
- Working towards a summer demo release (may or may not be private than public)
- Demo BGs done and animated (thanks Brad <3)!
- Sprite art to follow
- Editing on the existing demo script underway
- Some images of the in-game old and new demo art
- Mike is almost finished with the OST/original sfx's
- I've added in the new intro for CScribes w/ the voice over
- Mike has finished all the audio for the demo (potentially the entire game)
- Happy New Year! New screenshot on Pg. 2
- Also, I'll be revising/mapping the script shortly
- No firm public demo date but closed beta testing soon