Invasion of the Panty Snatchers

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Invasion of the Panty Snatchers

#16 Post by lordcloudx »

This game sounds fun, I'd give this a go but I'm a bit... um engaged right now. Good thing you don't seem to be lacking volunteers though.

So like monele, I volunteer to cheer you on hehe.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

I'll see what I can do, story-wise, but I'm not sure they'll be 20k words in the VN part. I mean, there's really only so much someone can write about a man armed with a tennis-ball cannon helping his neighbor/unrequited love save her world-class panty collection.

Isn't there?

As for music: All theremin, all the time. :-P (Actually, I wonder if there are any music programs that could include a theremin track.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#18 Post by Alessio »

I'm sure it's possible to make a longer story based on this scenario. With some quick brainstorming we can probably come up with quite a good plot outline. The fleshing out could then be split among several writers so that the writing task does not get too big. But it's PyTom's call how long it should be -- after all we also don't want this to take forever.

Music: There are some theremin VST plugins out there, I could give it a try. Or then simulate the sound with a synthesizer. I'll have a look. :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#19 Post by PyTom »

If writers want to step up, I'm cool with it. I'd like the game to take a relatively short amount of time... 2-3 weeks from the time Ren'Py 6.3.2 is out, which will be the middle of next week or so. Renpygame will be released simultaneously with 6.3.2, and I'd like to have a demo available shortly thereafter.

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#20 Post by n9261andvari »

Cool...little aliens going after women's panties. I'd love to see how it goes. Ganbatte!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by DaFool »

Doable if we stick to flat coloring. How about this... PyTom writes the core plot, and assuming contributors are also beta-testers (among others I presume), they can expand the writing where necessary. Ok...so maybe 20K is too much for a game of this scope... maybe 7K should suffice (Project Nattsu / Jitteh Dawn length basically).

That being the case, may I request cost-cutting measures during planning so that each sprite element will be reused to the max.

Sorry if I'm a bit too hands-on on this... I'll step back a bit and await further instructions.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#22 Post by PyTom »

Cost-cutting is foremost on my mind, see my original request for pictures, which I think is pretty minimal. (2 character poses.)

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#23 Post by Enerccio »

Well, if you have basic plot, I can gladly expand it.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by DaFool »

The vision I have for Jenny is the classic twin-pigtail/ponytail. A redhead with green-blue eyes. She would be wearing a 'liftable' summer dress.

Suggest size of sprites be 800x600 fully standing with just the feet cut-off (if it were up to waist then panties would be covered by text box).
PyTom wrote: VN-side:
Jenny character sprites - Emotions TBD.
Suggest happy, scared, and sarcastic.
Jenny showing off panties - Multiple Panty Variants TBD
Suggest frontal lift-up (no need for her to wave her butt around)
Various domestic backgrounds (House rooms TBD)
(I may be able to just buy these off dlsite.)
No need to spend money. Flat / simple gradients would suffice, I think.
Arcade-Side:
Jenny's backyard background.
This may require more detail but also has to be more 2D-ish at the same time.
UFO sprite.
Claw sprite (s).
Panty sprites - Many (20 or so) variants, and we'll use renpy/renpygame to recolor them.
Also don't forget tennis ball as well as cannon sprite. Need exact dimensions for these (assuming 800x600 res)

Panties can be plain, striped, polka-dotted, and teddy-bear prints and just use Ren'Py to recolor the variants.

These are just suggestions so that I have an idea when I start to work on it this weekend. PM specifics maybe but since this is a community project at least people should know what to expect I guess. Sorry if I am getting too far ahead.

Jake
Support Hero

#25 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:Doable if we stick to flat coloring.
To be honest, in two-to-three weeks, with such a small set of graphics necessary, I wouldn't have expected shading should be much of a problem, really...

Especially if you're not doing all the graphics on your own. What are you counting as 'character design' here? I mean, my first post was as much a "I don't mind doing the less-interesting backgrounds/sprites/etc. if you don't want to/have time to" hint as anything. ;-)

(That said, I actually really like several 'flat-shaded' or gradient styles; particularly stuff like the style Project Rub had, or the old art-nouveau style, and I could see something like either of those working fairly well for this kind of game, as well.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by DaFool »

Jake wrote:
DaFool wrote:Doable if we stick to flat coloring.
To be honest, in two-to-three weeks, with such a small set of graphics necessary, I wouldn't have expected shading should be much of a problem, really...

Especially if you're not doing all the graphics on your own. What are you counting as 'character design' here? I mean, my first post was as much a "I don't mind doing the less-interesting backgrounds/sprites/etc. if you don't want to/have time to" hint as anything. ;-)

(That said, I actually really like several 'flat-shaded' or gradient styles; particularly stuff like the style Project Rub had, or the old art-nouveau style, and I could see something like either of those working fairly well for this kind of game, as well.)
Uh, shading is what makes the difference between a 12-16 hour background versus a 30min-1 hour one. If the character sprite is detailed, the general (anime) rule is that the background is even more detailed. Like how I mentioned before that making backgrounds to match the Eileen sprite is going to be a pain in the rear end.

Now I looked at Project Rub... eh, that's too flat. At least have some character outlines, and be able to see the facial features, lol!

The whole point is that if this is going to be an ecchi game, it is imperative that players should be drooling over Jenny and wanting to snatch her panties themselves.

If you really want to do specific pieces (besides the character of course...mine! mine! mine! :D ), please tell. Otherwise I won't mind doing everything as well lol.

YuMMz
Regular

#27 Post by YuMMz »

I would be willing to help with character artwork. But I was a day late and it looks like Dafool snatched up the opportunity. Too bad would have been fun drawing the Jenny showing off Panties piece :-).

Good luck on this one. Sounds kinda fun!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by lordcloudx »

might I suggest that there are ways to do shading within 10-20 minutes? :wink: *looks to random deviantart tutorial*

edit: Or you can do it like so.
Attachments
heh lazy copypasta on the screenshots.
heh lazy copypasta on the screenshots.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by DaFool »

I'll try not to disappoint and will have sprite candidates this weekend.
(Didn't realize how popular pantsu is among artists... strange that this idea never launched sooner... perhaps it just needed renpygame as the justification).

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by lordcloudx »

go DaFool, PyTom, Alessio, Jake and anyone else making this game, go! :twisted: :twisted: