Invasion of the Panty Snatchers

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

Re: Invasion of the Panty Snatchers

#61 Post by rocket »

DaFool wrote: Thanks! I've been drawing boobs since I was 11 years old, even though I didn't really call myself an artist prior to getting into visual novels. It takes a lot of observation as well as patience in making correctly bending lines. Drawing cheeks and buttocks is almost as hard.
This is a strangely heartwarming sentiment, In an incredibly otaku way.

*wipes tears of joy from his eyes*

Great cleavage! Keep it up!

(The sad part is how sincere I'm being)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#62 Post by PyTom »

I'm thinking more of the girl-next-door type, what with her being your next-door neigbor and all.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#63 Post by DaFool »

What kind of hairstyle do you have in mind?

(I'm thinking of girl-next-door who loves to romp around and cosplay).

Criptych
Regular
Projects: ALICE.NET

#64 Post by Criptych »

PyTom wrote:Some inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saHdBBL2ng
Reminds me of those fanservice AMVs, what with the panties counter.

But will this game have all those ludicrous ways to get bonus points? (Haha... not that one, of course.)
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. —Pablo Picasso

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by DaFool »

I don't think it will go that extreme.

If ever there is a limit, I think it is keeping the game in good taste -- well, as much as our 'far superior western sensibility' would allow.

Darn, designing for this game is more challenging than I thought (It isn't like Starlit Sky where you capture the essence of its characters in only one revision). So many factors at play -- conveying the right amount of silliness, conveying the spunk, conveying a mild eroticism while still keeping this out of 18+ territory.

Criptych
Regular

#66 Post by Criptych »

DaFool wrote:If ever there is a limit, I think it is keeping the game in good taste -- well, as much as our 'far superior western sensibility' would allow.
Good taste... (insert obligatory off-color joke) ...right. Forgot about that part. :|

Anyhow, looking forward to the finished product. :D

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#67 Post by rocket »

Criptych wrote: Good taste... (insert obligatory off-color joke) ...right. Forgot about that part. :|
You know you wanted to quote another part of his post... *evil grin*

Criptych
Regular

#68 Post by Criptych »

rocket wrote:
Criptych wrote: Good taste... (insert obligatory off-color joke) ...right. Forgot about that part. :|
You know you wanted to quote another part of his post... *evil grin*
Double entendre is so much fun. Especially when it's unintentional. n_n

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#69 Post by PyTom »

Since I don't see my post anywhere, let me reiterate it:

I think this project is getting a little away from me. The original concept was for a fairly simple game, with very short VN segments that mostly served to show how people can integrate Ren'Py with arcade games.

To be honest, the need for a renpygame demo came first, the title second, and the story a distant third. I like the idea of having to save your neighbor's giant panty collection, which she's so obsessed with that she doesn't mind showing you that she's wearing bear panties, just to make a point.

The thing is, I'm not sure this idea has what it takes to be a 20k word game. I'd appreciate suggestions from writers on where the story should go.

themocaw
Regular

#70 Post by themocaw »

PyTom wrote: The thing is, I'm not sure this idea has what it takes to be a 20k word game. I'd appreciate suggestions from writers on where the story should go.
What if the panty snatching from your neighbor is only the first step in a nefarious global takeover plot? Seeing how severe a reaction is gets just from you two, the aliens hatch a worldwide plan. . .

TO STEAL EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF PANTIES ON THE ENTIRE GOSH-DARN PLANET!!!!

Chaos ensues!

On beaches, women wearing bikinis scream and run as alien flying saucers chase them down and try to tug down their bikini bottoms!

Lingerie stores go out of business!

Women will no longer wear skirts, for fear of having their unmentionables snatched out from under them! The global switch to pants only works for a short period of time before the aliens devise a ray that allows them to slice through thick clothing with ease but leave delicate fabrics unscathed!

Panic, pandemonium, a prominent female politician is humiliated and embarassed during a keynote speech, and the only one who can save them is you.

You. . . the hero of the world. You who will become known as. . .

*drumroll*

THE PANTY CRUSADER!!!!!!

. . . much to the humiliation of your descendents.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#71 Post by DaFool »

Well I have a lot of business deals this week so I could barely output a picture or two.

But once there's a design which everyone feels really suits the motif of the game, then I will be willing to do more sprite postures than was originally intended. That way, hopefully, would inspire more story-telling juices to come out of people.

And I agree now that 20K is too much. But I think 7K is doable if we really flesh out the sillyness of things.

I had approached this project from the other side of the equation... having it be fun and engaging even just by the scenario, then less pressure will be placed on the technical demonstration aspect of it.

PyTom >> did you want the panty and saucer sprites made first (and soon), so you have something to work with? Or maybe just use placeholder images to replace with the renders of the exact dimensions?

Criptych
Regular

#72 Post by Criptych »

@themocaw: Frikkin' hilarious. XD I'd play it. (I'd help make it if I had any skill worth mentioning. Well, maybe I could be an editor. GRAMMAR POLICE!)

some1

#73 Post by some1 »

themocaw: lolz that is one perverted idea. I approve.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#74 Post by PyTom »

I'll probably temp in some of the art, and then once I'm happy with the minigame, I'll release what I think the specs will be.

The problem is, everytime I go to do something, I wind up getting sidetracked into searching cars.com, looking for good deals. And then I go to carfax, and often find out why that deal isn't as good as I thought.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#75 Post by DaFool »

LOL

I've been crosschecking car prices on my end as well, looking at new subcompacts (don't want to deal with a 2nd hand, had that experience already back when I still had a vehicle). Now, airbags are not standard equipment outside US / EU. I ended up debating to myself whether $2000 is justifiable difference for dual airbags and ABS (versus none), and .2 liter additional displacement.

I forgot to mention... themocaw >> please do join as a writer when we're up and running.