Thanks so much for the responses! ;u; I'll address the normal stuff and then I'll clear up the LAST BIT /sweats...
1. No, I think that you should have something in game that shows how they're said though. Also, don't throw too many new and strange words at us all at once
Sci-Fi stories usually have to thread lightly between having exciting new names for stuff and calling everything and anything made up stuff that just sounds strange.
4. I like prologues to well, be prologues that don't have to be unlocked. Unless it's a prologue in the sense it takes place way before the story starts and provides clues/a better understanding as to what the story was trying to say. I like extra bits to be unlock-able because it makes me feel accomplished lol
1. Ahhh pronunciation guide might be a good idea! It's really only place names and "Aulusia" (the religion in-game) that are special terms so far though haha. They really are just pronounced like they are spelt but I will consider that! And yeah, I'll watch out for throwing in too many special terms all at once. Thanks for the reminder
Yeah, there's something that takes place way in the past which might be fun as an unlockable prologue!
I'll see how it goes when I get more writing done!
Armee wrote:2. Yes, they are. Though, the zookeeper and the police creeped me out a lot ^^; Though the police looks less creepy, more like evil type. I hope the lion will save the day AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wait I have a feeling of 'Life of Pi' with Ezra and Theo.
6. I feel like something bad going to happen because he looks helpless and suggestive.
going to be surviving.......... ;D Thanks for your thoughts!
1. Not really, it sounds interesting! All though, why is the "i" in 'CLiOSTRATOS' not capitalized? Is it something that'll be revealed in the story? o.o
2. Yeah, pretty much. Although if you're still worried, I use this reference
to help me age characters. ^^
3. They're kinda awkward resolutions, I would go for 1280 x 720, or 1920 x 1080 (something in a 4:3 ratio) but that's just me.
4. I'm not sure. Is the prologue/epilogue necessary to understand the story or is it something extra? Can the story stand by itself without them?[/s]
I just thought it was cool
It's how place names are traditionally spelt in the in-game culture! *nods*
2. Thank you for the link!! I will check it out
3. Haha yeah. I think it's a 16:10 res. I don't think widescreen res would be good in my particular case since there's only really 1-2 characters on the screen at a time (and this res gives me more vertical space!)
4. It's just extra stuff OTL You wouldn't really need
it to understand the story since it's mostly backstory type of stuff, but it would explain some things! (hopefully)
OKAY HFF....... NOW THE THING. SO I GUESS I WORDED MY QUESTION REALLY BAD!! I'm sorry I'll fix it!! OTL More explanation below
7. I'd say anything further than him touching his shoulders or chest and I'd have to exit out. I think that'll defiantly boost the rating of this game to 18+ though if anything more, heck, even that is shown D: But I've been called a righteous prude before so eh. For personal reasons, I'd probably be doing my absolute best to skip this bit but I think it'll illustrate your point well!
...And I was right :< That's mildly disgusting, the pedophile thing but I guess that would be suitable for creepiness and violence. Depend on what's he doing, if he's only pin Ezra down, then it would be alright to draw it but something badder might be highly creepy. So I suggest only illustrate the moment if it's light and important.
It's hard to say. There will be some people that'll be disgusted by the fact that Uncle Harry's a pedophile anyway and would stay clear of your game. I think handling pedophilia in fiction is very hard and requires a lot of skill to pull off.
If it were me making this game, I would imply the actions or make it offscreen. CG-wise I was just show Uncle Harry being creepy and go no farther than show him grabbing onto Erza's arms. Alternatively, you don't need to show Uncle Harry at all. Show a creepy shadow towering over Erza.
Okay, haha. So I think the way I worded my question makes it sound like Uncle Harry full-on does the bad thing... actually he would never touch Ezra beneath the clothes! >__<;;;;; The worst thing I was considering was a forced kiss (yuck) but yeah. THIS GAME IS NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART............. Maybe I need to put that somewhere soon when development gets to the art stage................
@Hazel-Bun; YEAH I'M... doing my best to keep it NOT 18+ ''''orz But don't worry if you make the right choices you won't even get to this part......
@Armee; Light and important. Got it thank you >___>;;; I'm not gonna illustrate it more than I need to!
@PheonixStardust; Your points are really good and I'm going to do my best to treat this subject carefully. I'm definitely putting a warning on this thing when it's done and I'm going to try to keep it as not graphic as possible.... And if anything super bad /has/ to happen it's 1000000% offscreen OTL
THANKS FOR YOUR HONEST CONCERNS SOBB I'm sorry ARGH. I'll go re-word my question better to be more clear about the situation! If this changes anything let me know....................... /wilts