Akitsuki wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAA this is just too cute!! I love it already! I hope everything goes well for you!
1. Do you think there are too many characters for one game? Will the amount of characters get in the way of you enjoying the game or the opposite?
Nope, not really! I'm actually excited whenever I meet new characters in any games! But I hope each of them will appear frequently, not like some only appear once and suddenly you forget about them. They tend to do that in simulation :/
2. What do you think of the art so far? (If any are posted atm; if not, ignore. Will post more in the future)
They're nice! It's undeniably the main reason I'm interested in certain VNs!
3. How about the premise? Do you think it's interesting?
Of course! I kinda understand how you feel when making the plot LOL At least not far from wishing some otome games to happen in real life, I guess? owo)
4. Do you feel iffy knowing there's a GxG route or it's fine? If not, would you rather we add more GxG routes or one is fine for now?
Nope, not really. I can't really say whether I hate or like GxG (the same thing falls to BxB as well), but if there is, I'll play it anyway. I don't have any thoughs about adding more GxG routes, so I'll just leave it to you guys!
5. What do you think of the love interests? Any favorites? Any assumptions you can make based on their profiles?
Let's see... From the description, I guess I'm interested in Shousuke. I mean, who wouldn't like guys who loves kendo?? LOL. But yeah, their designs actually matter too, for me at least. Aside from Shousuke... Nao, I think? It'd be much clearer if you add more details about them though, like personality traits and such (but since I can guess a little, it's totally fine if you leave it like that).
6. How about the planned features? Anything that is making you wanna play this/preventing you from liking this game?
Both are really interesting! I just hope that you guys will keep your spirit high enough to finish the game (because programming for it can be really, you know, not that easy) but I know you can do it!!
7. Regardless if it became popular or not, would you want to see this game in your language?
Sure... I guess? If someone would translate it to Indonesian LOL. But if you want to consider it, I could help with the translation!
8. For a demo, would you prefer to play a limited number of guys' routes up to a certain level, or would you rather play the first two levels for most of the guys? (ex. 4 guys' routes are playable until level 4 vs 10 guys' routes playable until level 2)
I think demo is meant to introduce the game before it's released, so IMO it'd be better if you do 10 guys' routes?
9. What do you think of being able to pick your harem? How about how each love interests' interactions interchange depending on who's in your harem?
Wow, I actually have no idea about this harem thingy (does that mean you can 'chase' more than 1 guys at once??) so I'll just leave it to you! (again)
10. What do you think of the point system? Do you think it'll be harder, or not? Would you prefer a route system instead?
I never find the point system difficult or whatnot. I think you can mix both the point system and the route system though. Since the MC's goal is to make an otoge, I think focusing on point system would fit most. So you get the players to feel 'responsible' enough to make the MC finish making the otoge... if you get what I mean? Anyway, I vote for the point system! As I said, it requires more programming but once it's finished, it'll be worth more, won't it?
11. Comments or suggestions for the features below?
Something bothers me though--isn't it illegal in Japan to smoke when you're still under 20? Though I did see a girl student smoke once, but it'll be a bad example, so... It's just me and my obedient self though! Just saying!
Oh my God, I'm really sorry for the wall of text!! >.<
Okay then, good luck all of you!!! I can't wait for the next update for the character designs/sprites/even CGs! LOL
Omg.... I pretty much forgot to reply to this, so sorry. But thank you for answering all my questions (I was kind of scared no one would answer this many questions). Wall of text is very much appreciated!
I'll try addressing some of them. For the personalities, I can't really add them in since it'll give away a whole lot of the guys' backgrounds. Some have straightforward stories (ie maybe some are predictable?) while others have twists to them you'd never expect (I love to surprise the audience when I can). I put down some of their likes, dislikes and hobbies so that people can guess what their personality is. It might just be me, but it's more fun that way.
And will consider Indonesian. It really depends on how popular this'll be. And thank you for the compliment about the art lol. I'm pretty much the same, I consider what games to play mostly on the art since I'm an artist myself. Next comes the premise, if it's interesting.
And about the smoking thing -- it's definitely illegal, but no one really cares. I have a Japanese friend (he's half though but he was born and raised in Japan) who smoked in high school, and he was a junior when I was a senior. He even told me his younger sister smokes as well, so, I don't think it's enforced that strictly.
But anyways, thank you for the support! I'll try finishing this up as much as I can (or at least get enough done to get a demo out) but as of now, I'm the only person working on the characters, story, writing and art (which also includes sprites, CGs, backgrounds and the graphics to be used in the game). And I'm also the director of sorts, so this game will definitely take a few years before it's finished (unless I straightened up and decided to just work on this nonstop in a year).