Chaos*Hearts [Harry Potter BL Game]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

Chaos*Hearts [Harry Potter BL Game]

#1 Post by x__sinister »

CHAOS*HEART

For a while, I've been playing Visual Novels, and have always wished I could make one myself. Finally, I've found an excellent program, Ren'Py, which allows me to make professional-looking games without complicated scripts.

I have been thinking a great deal about the plot, and it is very nearly complete. I'd say, 75% complete, discluding anything that I might need to check over. All I need are people to help me with this huge project.

Now, if anyone is interested in this project, I would really appreciate their help. Before I get into the game and the type of people I need, let me just say that artists and others will all have their full name/alias/penname on a dedication page in the credits. I will also include, with your permission, a url to your art gallery, if you have one.

So, here's the information about my proposed game.

Title: Chaos*Hearts
Genre: Angst/Romance
Fandom: Harry Potter [D.M/H.P or H.P/D.M]
Plot: Under Construction
Draco Malfoy is the main character, and is slowly coming to terms, and defining, the way he feels about Harry Potter. There will be One Death ending, One Enemy ending, Two Neutral endings, and Two Friendship endings.
Rating: Mature for disturbing content, and an adult ending.

Here is what I need:
1. Character Artist.
- This person draws all the character line-art.
2. Background Artist.
- This person draws all the background scenes.
3. Airbrush/Cell Shade Artist.
- This person will color in all the line-art. If no one else is available, or things are taking way too long, I will help in this area.
4. Cut Scene Artist.
- This person draws whole pictures for scenes which will appear in the game. Only line-art. You will have to try to minutely resemble the character artist's style.

For those who volunteer, I want professional-class work. It's not that I'm being shallow, or anything, but I want it to look good. I'm not at all that mean, actually.

I would really like to see some of the artist's individual style. That, in my opinion, is really what makes the game spectacular, the unique art.

To those who are still interested, but feel they lack the artistic ability, don't hesitate to suggest things. I may need small pixel items, background music, sound effects, and other things. It would be a great help if anyone could provide them or post a link where some are archived.

Thank-You for reading all of this,
and a big Thank-You to anyone who volunteers.
This will be a big project, and will take a while, so I appreciate any effort that will be put forth.
A literate roleplaying community.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Chaos*Hearts [Harry Potter BL Game]

#2 Post by DaFool »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

*takes a deep breath*

The topic of the project is fine, but the scope -- since you mention it will be a big project, is worrisome.

I started big too -- man I wish I didn't have to learn to scale down through trial and error.

So... here's some advice given to a similar huge-scale project (w/c happens to be BL as well but that's not the point)

(The thread happens to be in an 18+ section)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =22&t=2486

There is mention for professional quality. When one is on these forums long enough, they notice something... most of the people here are writers and programmers.. Most can draw, but I'm not sure they meet 'professional' level. You will find better talent on art forums such as deviantart, but a visual novel project can be intense and would require months of dedication, which surprisingly fewer artists than expected are able to do, even if one pays them.

So what does all this mean?
* Get your script finished, and determine the wordcount in thousands of words. That determines the true length of the project in reading time.
* Count how many sprites, how many backgrounds, how many event CGs are needed.
* Count how many musical tracks and other resources are needed.
Once you're certain about those numbers, then you can recruit, saying "I need a background artist who can do 15 backgrounds." Heck, I may even volunteer.
But setting high standards for entry before even knowing the budget allocation is very risky.

I'll wait till your script is finished. Good luck!

Ren

#3 Post by Ren »

Yay!I'll wait for this^_^
I may be the only person on the face of Earth who didn't read any of the books and avoided all the movies.
But I've read this really nice doujin once that was about Draco and Harry(Innocent drops by Anna Shitara)...
ImageSo yeah, Harry Potter instantly triggers the BL gland in my brain.

Edit:Oh, yes.I forgot to add that you might want to check y!Gallery as well as dA:you're allowed to post boys only in there, so i guess you could find the right artist for you^_-

x__sinister
Regular

#4 Post by x__sinister »

I started big too -- man I wish I didn't have to learn to scale down through trial and error.
I totally see where you're coming from. But, most of the time I find it difficult to do anything without trial and error.
But, yes, a big project will take a lot of effort, and I most likely will have to do a lot of toning down. Originally, this post was on a deviantart thread that I posted, and decided to post here to find a possible candidate (sp?) for anything. Currenly, I'm working on my script, and am doing little sketches as my mind comes up with them (so I don't lose the image, y'know?).

I can admit I am very, very ignorant to the whole 'creating a visual novel' business. I've been wandering about on here a little, looking at different things. I'll definately take a look at what you've pointed out, don't worry. Thanks for being all mature and what-not about my being new. >< A lot of people would just have jumped down my throat and screamed about my inability to rationalize and/or see the reality in such a big project. XD

Thanks again. I'll be sure to let you know when the script is all done, edited, or in some stage of near completion.

But I've read this really nice doujin once that was about Draco and Harry(Innocent drops by Anna Shitara)...
8D I have that exact doujinshi in my computer. It was a very beautiful work, wasn't it? [excitement] The story line is really good, as well. My favorite part was when Harry covered Draco's mouth and he couldn't breathe. XD I thought it was funny.

[/off topic ramble]

Anyway, Chaos*Hearts will have minor spoilers for OotP (Order of the Phoenix, Book 5). It'll take place in 6th year, yada yada, so you'll hear about the ending of that book. And, on another note, I'll definately look at that link you posted there. Seems interesting.

Ren

#5 Post by Ren »

I'm not worried about spoilers(i doubt I'll ever read it) but...will it be possible even with a very limited knowledge of the books/movies?The only things I know about HP is that you oughta bother Snape once in your lifetime and that Dumbledore is a nudist...TwT

Nekkid time!

x__sinister
Regular

#6 Post by x__sinister »

Ren wrote:I'm not worried about spoilers(i doubt I'll ever read it) but...will it be possible even with a very limited knowledge of the books/movies?The only things I know about HP is that you oughta bother Snape once in your lifetime and that Dumbledore is a nudist...TwT

Nekkid time!
O~O Dumbledore isn't a nudist. XD
He's the principal guy. And, he's a quirky type, likes candies.
Kinda like a hippie without the drugs, but he's old.

And, they only make the nekkid time with Potter Pals because Dumbly's demeanor makes it seem like dancing nekkid would be something he would do. 8D

But he's old. >>

Anyway, yes, it would be able to be understood without reading the books.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#7 Post by Der Tor »

There actually allready IS a great Harry Potter dating simulation game (even a hentai one at that).

Spellcasting: Socrerers get all the Girls:
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=1027

Download and play it, and you will agree with me that in terms of story, artwork, concepts and even names it is basicly an 1 on 1 adult spoof of Harry Potter.

Now the Funny thing is, this game came out 7 years BEFORE Harry Potter.

You know... not many people know this game anymore, but those who have played it, say that miss Rowling actually hasn't gotten the whole idea for Harry Potter through some divine inspiration as she claims, but stole it from an H-game :roll:

x__sinister
Regular

#8 Post by x__sinister »

.___.U I seriously doubt she got it from an ecchi-game. If she did, she would have been, probably, more explicit in her books. I mean, if she gets Hentai, one would think she'd prefer to write adult books. ><

Hah.