Haremu Kikaku Mo [school] [comedy] [harem]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
i1abnrk
Regular
Projects: Critter Corral, Haremu Kikkemu Mo
IRC Nick: i1abnrk
Deviantart: i1abnrk
Github: i1abnrk

Haremu Kikaku Mo [school] [comedy] [harem]

#1 Post by i1abnrk »

***All new character art in version 1.1***
Another Standard Harem is in demo phase, now that the setting and main character intros are finished I want to get a feel for the response. I have done all the work myself and I am a suprisingly bad character artist. So, I found a website that makes anime avatars. My backgrounds are passable. I think I want to get an addictive story going and if it gets some good reviews I will invest in an artist. I basically am mixing all my favorite harem plots into an amalgamation of possible routes. I want to give a feel for the characters. There is a simple AI based on humble or bold responses that decides which girls are going for main character Ichiro. Each girl has specific interests as well which can turn them on or off. I want to steer away from having a stats page and instead have many possible fluid story lines, each distinct with climax and endings. The player will get a story that reflects their mood. Each scene has a score based on humility. I would like to add some minigames in certain places as unlockables.
Here's a photobucket slideshow of the game art:
http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/i1abn ... how/Haremu

Synopsis (spoiler alert):

Our MC is a second year (Junior) high school student named Ichiro.
He is 16 years of age and he's the popular one among his group of 4 friends who are in the same class.He's a bit rash and irritating but his heart can win people over.

There is a mysterious girl he keeps dreaming about (Naomi) but every time he asks her name his alarm clock goes off. (There is much more to this but I don't want to give out this vital nugget just yet.)

Across the street from Ichiro's house lives his childhood friend and classmate by Koko who walks with him to school each day. She's sensitive and sharp-witted. She has a soft spot for Ichiro but she doesn't know what she wants yet.

Also in their clique is Ichiro's best friend Negihara

and Koko's best friend Ruki. Negihara likes to drag Ichiro into trouble and he's a huge nerd. Ichi likes talking nerdy stuff with Negihara but doesn't like his troublesome side. Ruki dislikes Negi but gets along with Ichi. Ruki and Koko are like sisters.

On the first day of school we also meet: the class teacher Fujiwara-sensei,
Chinese transfer student Xiaoxang is strong-willed, firey and independant.
Upper class student Aori-sempai who is a sporty tennis player and very competitive off the court as well.
Will he fall for his childhood friend or will he make an impression with the new girl? Maybe the sky is the limit?
Download for free from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s94dkw956b7l ... l.zip?dl=0
Last edited by i1abnrk on Sat May 16, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: Haremu Kikaku Mo [school] [comedy] [harem]

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

Well, you didn't really post any details of plot, characters, etc, so I can't really give you any feedback on that, but if you want I might be able to help you out with the sprites (you will have to give me more details and at least a rough chapter one before I decide to work on this project though).

Here are some examples of my work: http://37.media.tumblr.com/51f34ca6ec97 ... 1_1280.png
http://37.media.tumblr.com/d8a57f1807c8 ... 1_1280.png

Either way, good luck! :D

Jafs

#3 Post by Jafs »

Hey!
I played your demo and it gives me an crazy idea: a harem with just floating heads! Not very sexy, but funny for sure.

i1abnrk
Regular

#4 Post by i1abnrk »

Thanks for playing! I think "Lilac Wine" by Jeff Beck would make a great soundtrack for my demo. "...sweet and heady..."

i1abnrk
Regular

#5 Post by i1abnrk »

Version 1.1 is out now featuring ***ALL NEW CHARACTER ART***