Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Indefinite Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/21]

#16 Post by Broodelin »

In other game-related news, the lovely Angie has offered to help with writing this project and the incredible DragonSilhouette has agreed to draw some free, bonus CGs. :D

Let's give them a round of applause, ladies and germs!

Also, something something development blog link in signature

Broodelin
Regular

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/22]

#17 Post by Broodelin »

Currently finishing up skimming the introduction and first scene for bugs and typos.

My plan is to release the first full act of three scenes and an introduction as an alpha/test build with placeholder graphics where necessary. Should all go according to plan, this should be complete by next Sunday. :)

Broodelin
Regular

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/27]

#18 Post by Broodelin »

Untitled.png
Here's the nearly completed title screen with the new logo created by the ever so wonderful Morhighan! (The sketch I previously posted by Ezri is now one of the splash screens so it can be enjoyed in all its cuteness. ;))

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/25]

#19 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Very nice! Great job, Morhigan!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/25]

#20 Post by Cafechan »

Wow, it looks precious!! It's so fun and clean! I love it!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Update 5/29]

#22 Post by Ferdokki »

I had actually seen the post before I commented on your recruitment thread, but I forgot to comment on here too. >.< Sorry!

Anyways, I think the westernization of the Korean names is fine. In fact, a lot of people probably won't notice. ;)
And I definitely think this would be a great game; kind of like a Korean family drama. :D One question though: what would your endings be like? Like, is it all happy endings? Or is there any way for you to screw up and get a sad ending?

One other comment I had was regarding the character design for Ji-hoon. Idk, but the mouth wrinkles just kinda make him look some years older than he actually is. :?
Seo-yun though is super cute! :mrgreen:

yumechan
Projects: Arcticus Somnia

#23 Post by yumechan »

I like the idea of this game; art is amazing ^-^ I like that the setting is in Korea...by the way :3 I don't mind at all if there's at least one sad ending. In fact, I think there should be! After all, life is about making mistakes and learning from those mistakes and sometimes we don't get the happy ending we wish for..., ^^; sorry for rambling.

Broodelin
Regular

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Hiatus]

#24 Post by Broodelin »

Here's the copy-paste from another one of my project threads:
Here's the story:

- Old computer was destroyed by relative
- Managed to get new computer and transferred over files
- New computer got fried during thunderstorm
- All my VN stuff (plus everything else) was on there since I wasn't expecting lightning to send a power surge through my entire neighborhood.
- All VN projects are currently on hold until I can save up again for another computer
Unfortunately, this includes Sunny South Seoul. The good news is that most of the assets (art, music, etc.) are online. The bad news is that most of the scripts and all of the Ren'py files are not.

Pretty much, this means that this project is going on hiatus for a long while yet.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#25 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Ouch! Bad luck! :o

Do you use Dropbox or a similar service? You might want to start---that way you know for sure you have a backup of your work at all times.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#26 Post by Cafechan »

Oh gosh, I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!! I really have to strongly encourage all creative types to invest in an external drive and to frequently back up your work... There's nothing worse than losing so much progress :( I'm really sorry to hear this.

Ezri

#27 Post by Ezri »

Oh gosh, that's horrible! Sorry that happened to you ;; . It's a shame all your projects have to go on hold, not to mention all the other stuff. Good luck, and I hope things get better for you soon!
**I have commissions open for sprites and CGs!**

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#28 Post by Ferdokki »

Da-yum, that sucks!!! Similar thing happened to my mom. My older sister (she throws tantrums sometimes cuz she's a brat) slammed my mom's laptop. 4 years worth of architecture pictures, models, designs, and softwares were all on there. Gone. Destroyed.

I can only imagine how bad you feel. >.< If possible, you should start uploading things online. Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive/SkyDrive are free and have lots of space for you to use (especially the Microsoft one).

Broodelin
Regular

#29 Post by Broodelin »

As this is my most popular thread, I figured this would be as good a place as any to give everyone the news.

The thunderstorm I mentioned previously caused more damage than we knew to our house and our electronics. With all the expenses and the stress that caused, this event contributed substantially to my father's recent heart attack. While he's making good headway towards recovery, there's still a lot of financial and emotional concerns in my life right now that need to be addressed before anything else. This project and all others that are in development are now on an indefinite hiatus.

~ Haleigh

LRH
Regular

Re: Sunny South Seoul [Family][BxG][Free][Indefinite Hiatus]

#30 Post by LRH »

Oh, that sucks Broodelin. I hope your father recovers well, and that life starts treating you and your family well soon :)