No title yet [apocalypse] [drama] [tragedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Disciple

No title yet [apocalypse] [drama] [tragedy]

#1 Post by Disciple »

Well, I'll just put my idea here. Probably will make this alone. Will make this only in my free time, and only for practice.

In an alternative world, a meteor fell down and brought along a substance that eats every energy. Including mechanics and even buildings.
In this crumbling world, chaos was inevitable, as people gone crazy, although some decided to live their lives in peace. Even animals started doing crazy things, and nature gone awry.
Follow the story of a grumpy genius scientist, along with his dear robot that was made just like his dead lover.
This will just be a verrryyy short prologue of the next game. My estimated word count will be around 2-4 k words.
And, eh, this is a KN. ^^;

My writing and coding skill sucks, so I probably make many mistakes. Will need a proofreader after this is done. Maybe even a writer to edit my inability to bring out words and limited vocabulary in english. -_-;; If this is successful, maybe I'll ask a composer to make a song for this, and voice actor to voice some things.
As for art, will only contain 1 background, 2 sprites, and maybe some cgs, and a bit of minor animation.

What do you think so far, idea-wise?

Art so far:

Learned about eyes blinking and lip flapping, and maybe some dust and mist particles to animate in the background. Have no time to continue this, but I'll make this bit by bit anyway.
Last edited by Disciple on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dizzydude
Regular
Projects: 「To Be Announced」

Re: No title yet [apocalypse] [drama] [tragedy]

#2 Post by Dizzydude »

Well, I'm not so good with coding myself (I've had to ask a ton of questions here), but I think my English vocabulary is at least somewhat decent.

The idea sounds interesting, even if I'm not really one for kinetic novels.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

So how is the Blob (because let's be honest . . . that's what the alien substance is channeling) related to the scientist and his robot?
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Disciple

#4 Post by Disciple »

Dizzydude wrote:Well, I'm not so good with coding myself (I've had to ask a ton of questions here), but I think my English vocabulary is at least somewhat decent.

The idea sounds interesting, even if I'm not really one for kinetic novels.
owo Would you be my partner? Ok, that sounds so cheesy. But seriously though, I kinda need help with writing a good story. Maybe if I'm done with half of this, I will be making a recruit thread.
Mad Harlequin wrote:So how is the Blob (because let's be honest . . . that's what the alien substance is channeling) related to the scientist and his robot?
Actually... the main story is about the scientist and the robot. The blob is only there to create a 'spark' and change their lives. And apocalypse sounds really dramatic anyway ;p

Dizzydude
Regular
Projects: 「To Be Announced」

#5 Post by Dizzydude »

Disciple wrote:owo Would you be my partner? Ok, that sounds so cheesy. But seriously though, I kinda need help with writing a good story. Maybe if I'm done with half of this, I will be making a recruit thread.
I'd love to help out. I'm not saying I'm so great at writing stories either, but if I can help I will! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm loving the sprites. I'm not an artist, but I really like the art style.

Disciple

#6 Post by Disciple »

Dizzydude wrote: I'd love to help out. I'm not saying I'm so great at writing stories either, but if I can help I will! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm loving the sprites. I'm not an artist, but I really like the art style.
Thanks, dude! But I must say I have to decline now. Because I don't want to trouble anyone in this stage yet. I will ask you again once I think this one is possible to see the light of day ^^
Otherwise, thanks for your interest and generousity! XP

Anastylos

#7 Post by Anastylos »

What do you mean by eating all energy? Kinetic energy? matter? heat? It would be very cool, for time would simply stop where the effect takes places, freezing everything and consume the matter afterwards. Maybe Cities would be evacuated if the laws of physics do not apply normaly and the grumpy genius scientist is a member of a task force to find a better way to predict those singularities. One day the headquarter is destroyed by a singularity and the scientist and his robot are the only two members of the taskforce left.

Disciple

#8 Post by Disciple »

Anastylos wrote:What do you mean by eating all energy? Kinetic energy? matter? heat? It would be very cool, for time would simply stop where the effect takes places, freezing everything and consume the matter afterwards. Maybe Cities would be evacuated if the laws of physics do not apply normaly and the grumpy genius scientist is a member of a task force to find a better way to predict those singularities. One day the headquarter is destroyed by a singularity and the scientist and his robot are the only two members of the taskforce left.
Well, I only imagine it to be eating energy, and all the things that could produce energy. Yeah, dead matters have energy too, so they will get consumed too. The first noticed symptom is weaker body, wilting plants, and even weaker viruses and tumor, disappearance of electricity and malfunction of mechanics. They eat heat, kinetic, matter, and everything that could be considered and could be changed into energy. My guess is, after a few years, the nearest affected areas became like desert, dark, cold, and even sands started to disappear, and maybe even gravity started to get weaker (that would cause a mess in planet's rotation and revolution, and probably will make the earth collide with other nearest planet, but then again, this is an alternative world). Although I don't know if 'time' is considered an energy too. I still can't grasp the meaning of time itself.
For me, the world will start to change into, kinda like, a blackhole. If that makes sense ^^