Life after college is just not what it's cracked up to be. Despite graduating with honors from a well-respected business university, none of the companies you've applied to will hire you - your last interviewer just plain shows you the door the moment you walk in! However, you get lost on your way home and stumble into the Sucre + Lait bakery and cafe, where you decide to drown your sorrows with hot chocolate and cookies. The shop's beautiful baker, Brooklyn LaVoie, takes pity on your when she happens to see your many rejected resume copies. She confesses that the place is horrifically understaffed because of interpersonal conflicts with the previous employees and figures that (although you're admittedly overqualified) you would fit the job perfectly!
Once Brooklyn pulls out the owner, you get hired on the spot (since you can't exactly afford to stay unemployed for another month) and so begins your unusually adventurous career as a common cashier. During your time at Sucre + Lait, you will discover the reasons behind the bakery's many conflicts, cater to the rich and famous, and maybe find sweet satisfaction beyond your usual late night slices of chocolate cake.
- Brooklyn LaVoie: Sucre + Lait's long time baker and the quote unquote "official love interest". A feminine tomboy with a motherly disposition, she is the person you look towards when things go wrong, although she herself is far less willing to reach out when things in her life begin to spiral.
Aimi Dunst: Your high school friend and current roommate. An energetic spitfire of street fashion and spiced cocktails, Aimi has been a bit absent lately, choosing instead to frequent the party scene. However, she's thinking about signing on to Sucre + Lait as an assistant baker and is now going to great lengths to show that her affection for you is still visibly boundless. Maybe a bit too boundless perhaps...?
Sapphire Robbins: A famous heiress and an elegant, sharp-eyed business woman with seemingly effortless style. She supposedly wants to buy out Sucre + Lait to merge it with her family corporation, but what are her motives for this big move and why does Brooklyn seem to have such a grudge against her? Although she may appear to be a sarcastic and self centered ice queen, there may be more to her than she wants others to believe.
Émile: Sucre + Lait's most frequent and by far their quietest customer. She often stays huddled up in a corner, typing away at her laptop from noon until well past closing time. Since you've showed up though, she's been coming into the cafe far earlier than usual. Why is she coming in so early and just what is she doing on that computer of hers?
There are two things that I think will make this game stand out from the rest:
- 1. Dressing up your player avatar in certain clothes can either help or hurt the points you earn with each interaction, and each combination of clothes differs between love interests. Ex. A smart pencil skirt/blouse combo in silver and navy may win over the heiress, but absolutely kill the mood with your roommate; while a chunky, mothball-scented sweater you found in the back of your closet will gain suspicious looks from your baking mentor, but greatly encourage snuggling sessions with the residential bookworm.
2. If you can't choose between love interests and you play your cards right, you can pursue happy polyamorous relationships with two of your favorite girls. You have to be careful though: one wrong move at the wrong time will instantly trigger a bad end, so these routes are advised for only the most hardcore players!
- • The option to turn adult content on/off
• Protagonist customization (Three different skin tones will be available)
• Multiple different, vastly varying endings (over fourteen so far) and...
• Unlockable in-game recipes for different flavors of French macarons that you win after every route
- Outline: 60%
Script: Bit murky, but I'll say 10% so far