Séduisant [G/BxB][Friendship/Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

Séduisant [G/BxB][Friendship/Romance]

#1 Post by ppppantsu »

Séduisant is a French term for attractive.

Posting this work here instead as progress can be inconsistent, from little to none.

LINKS
Official blog page here.
Original concept and characterization here.

As of Nov. 23 - Finished GUI and character sprites

I'm not gonna lie, I still have NO IDEA what to write about them but I really have this urge to do so. Just a short story is fine, very fine!
Originally intended to be another BL but fffffff, I wanted something different. So I made the MC's gender neutral (neutral pronouns will be used, naturally),
so players may think it's really them conversing with the characters. 8)

Gloomy Yuri seems to be out of luck when they got fired from their job and getting kicked out by their roommate in the apartment they were living in.
Lowering down their pride, they summed up all their courage to ask help from their grandmother.
They didn't have their hopes though, but their grandmother unexpectedly gave an address and said,
"Go here and tell the first person you see you'll be the new tenant. You better not screw around and earn your own pay, you understand me?"
Relieved, Yuri immediately went to the place and finds a rather colorful home called "Séduisant" much to his distaste.

It sounds really ordinary and I want to somehow tweak it up, maybe add some supernatural / morbid content? :?

Ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated! H-Help me... :oops:

Well, these boys were inspired from the game Splendidest Otoge, names and designs alike.
But not they're necessarily cakes. They're normal people here. :oops:
Names aren't yet final. Additional data will be added soon~.

MAIN CHARACTER
Changeable name. Default is Yuri.
You can imagine MC as either female, male, or neither, however, there will be no avatar provided. |"D
Gloomy, but not necessarily cranky and depressed. Average in anything except cleaning.
A notorious clean-freak as their ex-roommate described.

JEAN
Motherly and responsible, but can be strict when needed.
Very caring towards to kids and tend to spoil them.

ICHIGO
I really want to look for an alternative name...
Flirty and brimming with positivity, he loves cakes the most.
But can act very childishly.

FRANN
I really want to look for an alternative name for him too...
Mysterious yet everyone seems to be drawn to him.

AIRELLE
Nickname: Ai
Youngest and very adorable, he loves hugs and kisses!
He is the only person in Seduisant that Tenilo is fond of.

TENILO
Nickname: Ten
Aromatic yet cold, Ten is distant yet very charming.
He barely talks for long and hardy shows any expressions at all.

Story: 0.5% help me?
Script: 0% :oops:
GUI: 100% :lol:
Sprites: 100% :lol:
Backgrounds: 0% help me?
Music: 100% :P
Coding: 5% :oops:

Image Image
Title screen | Save/Load screen

Image Image
Preferences screen | Yes/No Prompt screen

1. Which character do you like best and would perhaps want to know more?
2. What themes would you like to add / see to make this more interesting?
3. Any suggestions for better names? :oops:
4. If this was BL as it was originally intended to be, who will you ship to whom? (other than yourself x characters). I'm just curious tho since I have my own ships-
5. General thoughts / ideas are greatly welcome!!
Last edited by ppppantsu on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

raistlintg
Regular
Projects: Silver (VN)

Re: Séduisant [G/BxB][Friendship/Romance]

#2 Post by raistlintg »

Hello

Everything looks beautiful.
I like the GUY, it really makes you feel in a cozy patisserie.
There's something I don't understand : is the Seduisant a cafe, a patisserie, a kind of brothel, or simply a house in which the MC will have to do various jobs ?
The characters are cakes, like in Splendidest Otoge, right ?

1) Tenilo
2) Depends on what is "Seduisant"
-> if it's a patisserie or a cafe, cooking could be a theme.
The house cold also face risk of closing due to financial issues.
-> if it's a brothel, the cakes could be exploited for their power (turning into humans)
-> given MC's situation, poverty and precariousness could be a theme.
Not very cheerful, but everything depends on the way you write it.
-> Mysterious things could happen (disappearance of some customers ?).
MC would be told never to speak about it, and their grandma would warn them "never tell anyone I'm the one who gave you this address."
3) Nope
4) Jean x Airelle

Good luck !

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore

#3 Post by ppppantsu »

raistlintg wrote:Hello

Everything looks beautiful.
I like the GUY, it really makes you feel in a cozy patisserie.
There's something I don't understand : is the Seduisant a cafe, a patisserie, a kind of brothel, or simply a house in which the MC will have to do various jobs ?
The characters are cakes, like in Splendidest Otoge, right ?

Good luck !
Omg, I'll edit them I'm sorry for confusing you. It's just an ordinary home with a bunch of dudes and no no no, they're not cakes here, but ordinary people. :oops: :oops:

And thank you for responding!! QvQ!!! :oops:

raistlintg
Regular
Projects: Silver (VN)

#4 Post by raistlintg »

Ahahah, my mistake.
So it's a house and they're simply the tenant.
So when the grandma says "earn your own pay", she just means "find a job so your can pay your part of the rent".

So, concerning the ideas you're searching : the boys ask MC to work for them
-> they secretely make women pay to spend some time with them (doing entirely non-sexual activities, like some hostess clubs in Tokyo for exemple)
they want MC to fish customers
-> more grim : they rob (kill ?) people they attract in the house / or even they're vampires (if it's your vibe)
-> more SF : they're ET investigating human race (and they came in cake-shaped spaceships)
-> more fun : they do all kind of stupid jobs (shop mascots, stupid advertising actors, etc) and drag MC with them
-> more in fashion : they're a band and MC has to run random errands to help them advertise // while learning an instrument

-> Or, they're all secret brothers of MC (which would explain why the grandma knows about them)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#5 Post by Googaboga »

This looks very sweet heheh~

I don't really have any useful ideas I can add but I wanted to mention that so far it sounds nice and if I think of anything I'll come back and add it C:.

Also I wanted to mention that I actually love the name Fran/Frann for guys :'D.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

wendlierie

#6 Post by wendlierie »

I'll never understand people who do gorgeous GUI /sigh
All the characters are pretty gorgeous too, so I won't be picking a favourite till I play the game.
Ah well, I'll be looking forward to your progress!

ppppantsu
Veteran

#7 Post by ppppantsu »

raistlintg wrote:Ahahah, my mistake.
So it's a house and they're simply the tenant.
So when the grandma says "earn your own pay", she just means "find a job so your can pay your part of the rent".
It's fine~. :oops:
And thank you for your suggestions! I'm slowly getting inspiration and stitching up elements. Q VQ )! :oops:
Googaboga wrote:This looks very sweet heheh~
They are inspired from cakes after all |"D. I sort of feel bad not including cooking / food related them to them tho despite how they and my GUI look. OTL And thank you. q wq );;;
wendlierie wrote:Ah well, I'll be looking forward to your progress!
Thank you so much!!! :oops:

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Frann, Ichigo and Airelle are all names with very, VERY strong female connotations. Unless these three are actually women posing as men, I think you really ought to rename them.

Ichigo looks very posh to me. Wouldn't "Stuart" be a name that fits him well?
Frann's easily renamed into "Francis", if you want to keep the name close.
As for Airelle, what about "Aiden" for that cute little guy?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

ppppantsu
Veteran

#9 Post by ppppantsu »

Taleweaver wrote:Frann, Ichigo and Airelle are all names with very, VERY strong female connotations. Unless these three are actually women posing as men, I think you really ought to rename them.

Ichigo looks very posh to me. Wouldn't "Stuart" be a name that fits him well?
Frann's easily renamed into "Francis", if you want to keep the name close.
As for Airelle, what about "Aiden" for that cute little guy?
They are? :"OOO
m-my bad- >A< );;; :oops: :oops: :oops:
and I will- and thank you for the suggestions! :lol: :oops:

ArcticJade
Deviantart: ArcticJade

#10 Post by ArcticJade »

1. Which character do you like best and would perhaps want to know more?
Definitely Frann

2. What themes would you like to add / see to make this more interesting?
Hmm... I really don't know :oops: Maybe something along with cooking or deserts? Like maybe different cooking classes where the protagonists meets the characters?
3. Any suggestions for better names? :oops:
Honestly I like the names! I like the feminine touch. Like Frann, I don't know maybe you can reference to how this is his nickname? Or if you find the names to be too "girly" maybe have a more boyish name but have these current names as their nicknames? The only name I am having "issues" with is Ichigo since it sounds so foreign compared to the other names (in my opinion). I did a quick google search to maybe find an equivalent and this is what I found;
  • June: The Algonquin tribes knew this Moon as a time to gather ripening strawberries
  • Jagoda: Croatian and Serbian name meaning "strawberry."
4. If this was BL as it was originally intended to be, who will you ship to whom? (other than yourself x characters). I'm just curious tho since I have my own ships-
Jean/Ichigo or Tenilo/Airelle

5. General thoughts / ideas are greatly welcome!!
I like how you are going to keep it gender neutral, I love play GxB (I'm all for BxB and GxG, but I don't like it as much as GxB) and keeping it gender neutral will allow more people to play. I frikken love those menu screens, it definitely gives me the feeling of pastries. As for the story, maybe have the grandma actually be the owner of the house or a good friend of the owner so when the MC arrives the characters have a small idea of who they are. I am trying to think of ways to add supernatural content ( I would stay away from morbid because I don't think it would work right with the starting idea of the story, but this is just my personal opinion). Maybe you can have it so everyone in the house have some magical powers? Maybe Frann is actually like a vampire and that's why he keeps to himself because he doesn't want to get close to people. Tenilo (since he is distant) can read minds, or his emotions are his power (think Raven from teen titans). Stuff like that? I would love to help write/proof read if you want :D

Otherwise the game looks wonderful and I can't wait!

ppppantsu
Veteran

#11 Post by ppppantsu »

ArcticJade wrote:Otherwise the game looks wonderful and I can't wait!
I do think the name "Ichigo" doesn't fit with the bunch as well /)w(\ :oops: I really need to expand my list of names.
Thank you for your ideas & suggestions! I'm eyeing for Fraser, it sounds pretty to me.

Despite my GUI and my characters looking all pastry and cakey, I'm pretty much staying away from a cooking / deserts theme since I have little knowledge about it and I can't devote my time into researching for this game, which will probably be officially in the works sometimes next year. :oops:

And thank you for offering some help! *Q* )!!!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#12 Post by Taleweaver »

Fras(i)er is also a really beautiful masculine name, definitely, though then we need something else than Francis to rename Frann, or he's too close to Fraser.

Difficult.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

scatteredthoughts25

#13 Post by scatteredthoughts25 »

Uwaaah, you're using the cake boys! Sweet!

1. Which character do you like best and would perhaps want to know more? Jean and Tenilo. Those types intrigue me the most!

2. What themes would you like to add / see to make this more interesting? Supernatural elements! A supernatural boarding house to investigate/live in has been done before, I know, but ... maybe they all have secrets that you have to discover to advance their storyline. Some can be kind of dark, some could be surprising, while others are small and inconsequential but mean a lot to the character. And depending on how the player goes about it, they could get either a 'good' or 'bad' end. But it doesn't have to be long! Maybe just a few short routes.

3. Any suggestions for better names? - I like the ones you picked out!

4. If this was BL as it was originally intended to be, who will you ship to whom? (other than yourself x characters). I'm just curious tho since I have my own ships- ... Hmmm. Frann x Anyone, lol. He just seems like a bit of a flirt, so it'd be easy to see him trying to hook up with one of the other characters.

5. General thoughts / ideas are greatly welcome!! - Instead of gender neutral pronouns, how about first person pov for the story-writing? It'll be more immersive, so we'll get the feeling we're more deeply involved in the game.

I wish I had more ideas to share, but that's all I can think of right now. Good luck if you do make this game! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

ppppantsu
Veteran

#14 Post by ppppantsu »

Taleweaver wrote:Fras(i)er is also a really beautiful masculine name, definitely, though then we need something else than Francis to rename Frann, or he's too close to Fraser.

Difficult.
I'm still checking out some sites for more names to choose from, I hope I can finalize the names before next year. :oops: Still considering all suggestions given tho! :lol:
scatteredthoughts25 wrote: I wish I had more ideas to share, but that's all I can think of right now. Good luck if you do make this game! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.
Yes I am~! I kinda feel bad when I finished them a bit half-assed and since they're in normal, usual boring poses, and in higher quality than the rest of my drawings, I just though why not make a game outta them. |"D

And regarding the neutral pronouns, I was just thinking about what pronoun will the boys call MC- Q vQ );;; :oops:

And thank you for your suggestions! @A@!!! :oops: