Prisoners of Snow [GxB, Mystery, Supernatural]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ollie
Projects: nothing bc i procrastinate

Re: Prisoners of Snow [GxB, Mystery, Supernatural]

#16 Post by Ollie »

Oooh, this game looks amazing:-). I just want to start off by saying that your art is absolutely gorgeous (I can't explain how much I appreciate art styles that aren't only anime). I'm genuinely flummoxed that this is a one-woman project? You're literally so amazing, I can't even. I've taken a liking to all of the characters, especially cute ol' Oliver. maybe im just biased oops. I kind of feel bad for Elmeri; we're legit the same age, yet I think he gets treated like a kid way more than I, ahah. (Also, I thought Elm was a girl, I need to get my glasses fixed, adios.)

I love plots that include mystery and supernatural elements. Actually, I'm quite agog to know how the 'supernatural' element is incorporated into this story? Six different character routes are really a lot:-(. I hope you're able to finish them! Personally, im a lazy bum and tbh i would have went with 3 characters or even 2 bc im extra lackadaisical so props to you meGA props. Thank God there's no stat-raising, I've no time for that:-((. (Albeit, I say this, but I'd still play a game with stat-raising,aha. I'm contradictory as always. My entire existence is a paradox, adios.)

Ooh, also, I love that you get to name the protag. I always like naming protagonists, I can't stand it when a protagonist is already named:-(. Olivia is so me, though! I love making friends, I'm quick (a little too quick) to speak my mind, and I'm brave when it comes to looking after my older sister. I get all happy inside when people create characters that I can relate to.

In all honesty, I wish I could pursue Oliver, as he caught my eye first, but shrug:-(. Also, I don't think your noses look like beaks (in reference to an earlier comment). In fact, I love your art style, it's an art style that I've been kind of striving to achieve. No matter what I do, my style keeps returning to anime, SIGH. I legit love the way your colour your character's noses. I've been trying to do my noses like that but nO. Also, I find it delightfully peculiar how you colour in the 'white' of your eyes, using a dark blue. I've never seen that before and I really like it. (And, completely off topic, I ship Ethanic, though I find Dominic to be extremely attractive, even Ethan). Basil is a cutie, too (and I think it's illegal for me to even thinking about pursuing Elm). Norman is quite adorkable also, but I don't usually go after older characters. That's just me, tbh. Oh, and I like the idea of not showing the protagonist:-).

Anyway, I can see that you're putting a lot of effort into this project, so thank you:-). I wish you the best of luck and I await the completion of this game (though, unfortunately, I can see that won't be any time soon:-((). If you ever need help with anything like writing or proof-reading, I'm here! Also, do you have a deviantart?
I may or may not be a full-blown, absolute dork.

Awesomepigman
Organization: dtsgreg

#17 Post by Awesomepigman »

Your art actually reminds me of a good friend (and great inspiration) of mine. I don't know how biased that makes me but I really love looking at it. It's so warm and the characters feel so alive just looking at them.
Moving on to the more serious, as many others have pointed out, this is a big project for one person but if you're really committed go for it. I mean heck, if you want 6 routes, aim for 6 routes. Just be careful how you organize it and try to get something done each week because if you chip away at things then you'll feel like you haven't done anything, but if you start knocking one or two paths out of the way then when you finish you'll have that much more memento to continue! At least for me that's how I work best.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this! Your art has won me over immediately and you sound like you really care for the story so I don't doubt it either. ^.^

Zino
Regular
Projects: Prisoners of Snow
Tumblr: prisonersofsnow
Deviantart: zinoman

#18 Post by Zino »

Ollie: Aaah, thank you for your kind comment!! Dunno how much I can tell about the supernatural elements without spoiling the story too much, but basically there's gonna be some spirit -related things, so I felt safer to mention that genre too, so it won't be a complete surprise for those who don't like supernatural elements. Yeah, I do realise 6 routes is a bit much (and that's after I already dropped one dude out of this!) and I guess I technically could drop one other dude out of this and fuse two routes together... but he happens to be my favorite bachelor so it won't happen :'D Aaand like I said before, there's maaaaaybe a route for Oliver too so... "pursuing" him may not be completely impossible... (and don't worry I kinda ship ethanic too, since sometimes when writing the script i have to remind myself this is actually a hetero game!) Yeah, there's still a long time before this will be finished but I'm trying to work hard on it, so I can put at least a demo out at some point next year. And thanks for your offer, I'll probably need all the help I can get in the proofreading/is-my-script-a-total-fiasco -phase, once I get there : DD Also, I'm zinoman in DA!

Awesomepigman: Awww, thanks! Haha, I wish I had less routes but pretty much every route is so tied to the plot now I can't ditch anyone's route anymore... : D But I'm trying to work on this almost daily, either finishing the sprites or writing at least a little script so I can get this done slowly but steady.

Zino
Regular

#19 Post by Zino »

Somehow... I managed to draw all the 15 sprites x___x I think i have drawn the same damn dudes like 5 times now. But this time the designs/sizes/colors/etc are final and I don't wanna touch those things ever again. Coloring hair was my worst nightmare but I am too tired to make it any better anymore... Next time when I update this I'll hopefully do it in the wip section.

Nayru774
Regular
Completed: SoulSet, Blankspace
Projects: The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Tumblr: NoBreadStudio
itch: nobreadstudio

#20 Post by Nayru774 »

Congrats! :D And good luck on further development!
Image Image Image

Zino
Regular

#21 Post by Zino »

Nayru774: Thanks! Yeah, I can finally seriously start doing other things as well now that the sprites are out of the way! : D

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#22 Post by Googaboga »

This is game I'd really like to play. It's super snazzy. Gotta love stories about people trapped in a place and then murders start. And this;
- Appears every time you don't want him to.
Is one of my favorite character traits ever.

Also, I very much enjoy your attention to eyebrows. Too often those are ignored during the character designing process.

Good luck with everything and congrats on all your progress so far :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Zino
Regular

#23 Post by Zino »

Googaboga: Thanks! For some reason I really like drawing (thick) eyebrows... :'D