R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 6/01/08, we aren't dead >.o)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 6/01/08, we aren't dead >.o)

#106 Post by Samu-kun »

Woaahh... As a fellow Iowan, I wish you luck! I got lucky and the flood waters missed me by about 40 miles and the worst thing that happened was my internet going out for a day. But I'm sorry to hear that you live in Cedar Rapids. o_o;

Welcome to Iowa, they say... Home of the worst weather in the universe. >_>

(okay, I won't post off-topically in your topic any more. *crawls away*)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#107 Post by PyTom »

I just thought I'd say that we're hoping for a speedy recovery for you and everyone else suffering from the 500-year flood.

Also, Ubuntu rules, even if the included version of Ren'Py is out of date. :-)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

storm-and-fire
Regular

#108 Post by storm-and-fire »

When I heard about it in the news, I just knew that it would involve Iowans from LSF too.
So, I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well for you from now on.

Threevenge
Regular

#109 Post by Threevenge »

Okay, this message is sure to probably turn some heads: I just finished my edits of Day 4, nearly all of it in one day. Yes, I had enough time and focus to be able to finish a little over 90 pages in one day. So, bloodywyvern, I'll have this sent later today and I'll be eager to get a hold of Day 5.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream (editor)

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#110 Post by bloodywyvern »

o_o What did that flood knock your head into working mode or something? Congratulations on that and let me just say I'm impressed and will make sure to have day 5 ready for you. Yes I realize I could have said this all in on a messenger but it gives me a good chance to wish everyone from Iowa well. I've been following it on the news and it seems worse than I thought really. Not only floods but also all the toxins that seem to be getting into the water. Dangerous stuff...

Weather seems to be going nuts everywhere these days. I've had three thunderstorms in little under a week, lost power in every one of them, and lightning took the clock off the wall. Oh well...
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by Cybeat »

Sorry to hear about your trouble, guys. Good luck with the project. If you need me for anything, pm me.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Threevenge
Regular

#112 Post by Threevenge »

It's been quite a few days since any posts were made in here and I thought it was about time to correct that. I'm unsure how much progress anybody else on the team has made at the moment but edits for Day 5 are at about 33%. I'm hoping I'll have the time to get through the rest really soon as some of these endings I find to be pretty good. Some changes will have to be made but all I can say is that when we're getting this close to actually putting things together it's definitely a labor of love.

I hope that there's still some people keeping an eye on us because in the next few months I predict that we make some big progress. Don't worry: this is one project that will find its way to the finish line.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream (editor)

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#113 Post by bloodywyvern »

Ah, thanks for keeping people posted on the updates Threevenge! There's a reason he is my #2 man people, he's as dedicated to this project as I am!

Anyway, things are still running slow and smooth. Three more backgrounds done, another character CG'd for the most part, and editing being done. Our staff might be stretched thin, but it manages an amazing job.

The primary reason for this post is to welcome a new staff member, to the music department. GraMana has offered to act as a second composer as storm-and-fire has her time split between life/composing/CGing it will be a welcome break for her I think.

Cheers.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1