R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 6/01/08, we aren't dead >.o)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Threevenge
Regular

Re: R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 3/19/08, 3/4 of routes done)

#31 Post by Threevenge »

Hey, the editor here. Felt I should put in my two cents, being as I'm a part of this project :P . Well, I've been on an editing frenzy as of late, since I'm on spring break and have little else to do. I expect to have Day Two edited before the end of the week, so let's just say I'm in hypermode. Now, back to listening to Paroxysm Radio (my station made from Pandora.com, filled with Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, Disturbed, etc.) and editing.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream (editor)

Threevenge
Regular

#32 Post by Threevenge »

bloodywyvern probably isn't up yet, so he'll probably update our progress later today. I just felt I'd give an early announcement to say editing Day Two is done. 54 pages of text finished in 3 days. Not bad, huh? :P .

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#33 Post by bloodywyvern »

Not bad at all, I'll have to work to get Shiori's day four done in case you trash day 3 as well >.< Oh well, I'll get back to writing tomorrow when this headache is gone. Anyway main page updated with editing.

Edit: Crap, tomorrows Easter huh....ok, ok Monday then.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#34 Post by bloodywyvern »

Alright well I'll throw an update out there, as things have gotten -somewhat- hectic on the development front. Things just seemed to get a tad disorganized and thrown apart with spring break and Easter coming forth from the darkness to swallow lives away. So on some ends (namely writing and art) schedules were thrown out the window basically. I'm actually about to go amend the falling behind on finishing the script after posting this, so...that should hopefully catch up. threevenge has most definitely been doing the most work in the last week or so, blasting through editing day 2 and will be moving on to 3 as I sent the document his way. He was the only one who actually used spring break to...well...WORK, go figure.

Storm-and-fire has been an absolute wonderful team member, with sending samples quite frequently and working rather diligently on the entire process. We will be shooting for about 12 original tracks for RD, with one being completed thus far. The art situation is still going horrible, and I'll probably open up the character artist job again depending on how things go in the next week or so. I can't even put art on a schedule >.> it's that far behind. Ah well, I'll patch things together somehow and probably end up making some concessions in terms of overall quality on art. I can't afford to hold back any longer, even if threevenge keeps insisting the story is too good to settle for sub par work (I appreciate his confidence though! :D ). I realize this update isn't anything special, but just figured I'd report. On to writing for me!

-bloodywyvern
Team head/Lead Writer
Scripts in planning- 1

bloodywyvern
Veteran

Re: R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 3/27/08, more updates)

#35 Post by bloodywyvern »

This should hopefully be my last update for awhile, a week or two at least. It depends on how much needs to be said and when...

Anyway! Let's start off with the generics again, shall we? I finished off day 4 with the completion of that part of Shiori's route. I kind of did some skip work, as one scene was bothering me so I decided to scrap it...work around it...and make the next one twice as epic. It actually worked, I might go back and write it in later...but for now I think moving forward is more important. If I struggle with scenes, I have reasons...maybe Threevenge can manage to patch it together better for me. The story is at 144,000 words, with just Shiori's day 5 remaining before RD is finished storyline wise.

I would like to change my recruitment somewhat, in the sense I'm now looking for someone who can create high quality line art...but now you don't have to necessarily color. We are looking in to other options involving that, and will be exploring everyone we get to decide the best solution. If you can color, that's great as well but it's just not a strict requirement now. Basically this call is because candydive hasn't really sent anything my way...and I must work around that. Also, qq has offered to give doing backgrounds a shot so we will see how that works. storm-and-fire is continuing to impress me with her work, and we have a second track finished because of it.

The less important part

The more I write, the more ideas I get to expand on it...when I first added Second Dream to the project list I had barely any plans...now almost all of it is worked out in my head, all because of little pieces here or there I've written in RD. I'm really impressed at how much everyone is doing, and how well it's turning out considering the majority of us are amateurs to game making. When you look at the games being created around here, most of the ones finding release are by the established creators...so to see our team is really inspirational, underdogs of sorts. We have yet to put anything on hold, only had stalls from this or that. This project has never once been not being worked on, whether one part was falling behind it always catches up and the others keep on pressing forward. Obviously we still have a long way to go, but I'll feel much more comfortable once the story of RD is down and done. That way I can work harder to find the staff members, and of course begin with Second Dream. I am really enjoying the whole team thing, I consult with everyone about different works...get suggestions...and we all improve because of it.

I think I drew a bit too much influence from the likes of Tsukihime and FSN, but thats not really a bad thing either...

And so I leave you with the idea that...we are working...we will continue to work...and we will finish. ^_^
Scripts in planning- 1

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#36 Post by RidleyWright »

Aha, wow, you sure work your butts off. And that's pretty impressive word count mark you reached, I'd like to congratulate to on that much (and still not finished, I'm aware). Also, nevermind that, it's a good thing if you took some influence from Type-MOON, they write stories that I like the best (action/ suspense).

So this is what "go all out" is all about heh? I better take some notes. ^^;

Threevenge
Regular

#37 Post by Threevenge »

Okay, consider Day 3 to be about 12% edited. Haven't really gotten a huge start on it because spring break is over for me, but maybe once I get back into the swing of things I'll be knocking down larger portions. Sad part is that overall I'm probably only at about the 35% mark, but we've got an excellent story going so that's been a great motivator for me to edit quicker.

RidleyWright, this VN definitely fits in the action/suspense area, so hopefully it suits your interests :P .

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#38 Post by bloodywyvern »

RidleyWright wrote:Aha, wow, you sure work your butts off. And that's pretty impressive word count mark you reached, I'd like to congratulate to on that much (and still not finished, I'm aware). Also, nevermind that, it's a good thing if you took some influence from Type-MOON, they write stories that I like the best (action/ suspense).

So this is what "go all out" is all about heh? I better take some notes. ^^;
Yes, I do love Type-MOON...such great writing. I'd be lucky to be able to write at even half that quality really. I guess you could say we are going all out, but I wouldn't say we are dedicating our entire lives to it. We just work hard when we can, or should I say want too. Really no need to take notes from us :D More senior groups might be a better choice.

:oops: Sorry for taking so long to respond, I went in to stealth project mode for...

The update: The storyline of Reality's Dream is completed in it's shining unedited form, capping at around 156,000 words. Not too bad I think. I could have probably expended it beyond, but I prefer the quick jumping plot points rather then the slow, agonizing, and endless filler scenes.

Storyline: 100%
Editing: 25% (or so)
Music: 36%
Art: >.>;; Don't ask. BG's are just now starting, and without a character line artist you won't see this part increasing.
Programming: 0%

That's so you don't have to go back to the first post. From here I will do several things. One, pre-edit the sections to remove stupid and silly errors to decrease the amount of time Threevenge needs to edit. Two, begin writing for Second Dream in hopes of completing it in time of including it with RD (though it's not necessary).

~bloodywyvern
Threevenge wrote:this VN definitely fits in the action/suspense area, so hopefully it suits your interests :P .
I prefer to think of it as fast-paced action/suspense. Only because there is minimal time between events.
Scripts in planning- 1

chokkidre
Regular

Re: R.E.M: Reality's Dream (Update 3/30/08, story done)

#39 Post by chokkidre »

This game sounds amazing! I simply can't wait for the release of this game. :33 Congrats on finishing the storyline of RD (shining unedited form and all, lol). Sorry if this question was mentioned before, but are you going to go commercial with this game or not?

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#40 Post by bloodywyvern »

chokkidre wrote:This game sounds amazing! I simply can't wait for the release of this game. :33 Sorry if this question was mentioned before, but are you going to go commercial with this game or not?
Heh, yeah I had a little back and forth with Threevenge about it, and also made a comment about it here. Chances are slim that we would go down the road of commercialization. We may pursue alternate roads (counting on donations, merchandise, etc.) or no road at all (free, always free, and never ask for money). Donations would at least let people who felt it deserved to be paid for, the chance to.
Scripts in planning- 1

chokkidre
Regular

#41 Post by chokkidre »

Free is always good. :D

But then again, I'm practically broke 99.2% of the time, lol. Though I'd be happy to give your production a donation if I feel it deserves it (and with the hard work that everyone is pulling into this game, I'm sure it'll live up to my expectations).

If you're still looking for a web designer/developer, I'll be happy to help. Spring break starts next week, so I'll be free then.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#42 Post by bloodywyvern »

chokkidre wrote:Free is always good. :D
Well of course ^_~ everyone loves free.
chokkidre wrote:Though I'd be happy to give your production a donation if I feel it deserves it (and with the hard work that everyone is pulling into this game, I'm sure it'll live up to my expectations).

Well that's reassuring.
chokkidre wrote:If you're still looking for a web designer/developer, I'll be happy to help. Spring break starts next week, so I'll be free then.
Hm, well it's difficult to say. Threevenge was going to try and hit up a friend or something this weekend during a trip, plus we are lacking in art to supply you with >.>;
Scripts in planning- 1

chokkidre
Regular

#43 Post by chokkidre »

Ah, that's fine. If you do need my service, feel free to PM me and tell me so. ;]

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#44 Post by Vatina »

I think this looks very interesting too (and have for a while), so I just wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to this one as well ^^

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#45 Post by Samu-kun »

Generally, you'd want to do most of the team communication using PM or just get your own personal board so that other people can't sit in on all your conversations. XD C'mon folks, let's see some pictures. One picture is worth more than a thousand words.