Morning bright SUNshine [wip]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mikado

Morning bright SUNshine [wip]

#1 Post by Mikado »

Morning bright, my first visual novel using Ren'py.
Chibi shouldn't be there. Why is he there? Easier question: Why shouldn't he be there?
Cast:
- Mikado (Artist, writer, captain etc.~)
- noone else :S
- E-mail me if you want to join/help (markon@polana.nl)

Work In Progress Pending Names: (These are the names, may be changed)
You = Seru
Your boss = Bob
Your sister/boss = Miru
Your maid friend = Sienna
??? = ???
powerlevel = >9000

Quick introduction: (since I don't feel like spoiling)

In this world, you are a servant (male-maid), and you look like the chibi presented before (only a little more serious =P).
Your maid days are normal, and you get along with your boss. You are adopted, and the person who you see as your sister, is the real sister of your boss, thus your boss too. However you like her and she likes you, in what way is up to you to decide. There is also an another maid, Sienna, who works there too however she doesn't enjoy it really. You get quite along with her too.
Several years ago the father of the two children died of heart attack, and the elder son (your boss) had to take over the house. He's 21 at the start of the game.

You have experienced your whole life a weird sort of sickness, in which you have sudden attacks when you can't see and have incredible head aches and trembles. However lately these attacks have come more often, and instead of not seeing anything you begin to see... but not what you should see, but something else...

Then you die.
Some weird person attacks your house wanting to kill you, while an other weird person guards you from him.
You never saw them before and they appear out of nowhere, fight fight fight, and you try to guard your sister.

For this to make sence you should know a spoiler. But I don't want you to know. But you may. I shouldn't bother using spoiler tags since 99% of you guys (if anyone read this) will click it, but for the 1%: here you go.
You die, time gets reversed by a few days and you live now in the mansion knowing that in a few days you are going to be hunted down together with you new guard. Thanks to her you'll see things a little different, and find out that not everything is as it looks...
edn

Concept art:

Best proof of existence of this project. Unfortunately I can't upload them at the moment so you have to wait. I do have them.

Pun intended for the funny parts.

Question: What is a male maid called?

Comments appreciated, that is the reason why I started this thread.
Last edited by Mikado on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Yuri fan <3

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Morning bright SUNshine [wip]

#2 Post by sake-bento »

Mikado wrote: Question: What is a male maid called?
A butler?

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

Sake beat me to it. :3

You can also call them manservants or attendants, if you want to be more traditional. This project looks interesting - the time travelling seems like a break from the usual maid anime plotline. :3

Mikado

#4 Post by Mikado »

Butler gives me the feel of... wine?
Attendant has a nice feel... 8D
~ Yuri fan <3

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#5 Post by kara24601 »

If the rest of the game is going to have the graphics like the example/above pic, it looks like it's going to be a cute game.

Kyasarin (Guest)

#6 Post by Kyasarin (Guest) »

Well, male nannies are called mannies... o.o If that helps at all. I don't have a lot of knowledge in the "servant" area, but as far as I've seen, butlers have a higher status than a maid. I'm almost 40% sure that I'm wrong about that, though.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Showsni »

It depends on his duties. "Maid" is a catchall for house maid, parlour maid, kitchen maid, etc. A butler is a pretty different job, really. Maybe you should try "valet." A valet is a personal man-servant, the equivalent of a lady's maid. Or else you could use footman, a male domestic servant who serves meals, opens and closes doors, moves heavy things for the housemaid to clean behind, etc.

Mikado

#8 Post by Mikado »

Some concept art:

I'll try searching Valet and Attendant up. Since there will be a maid in the house, I want them to have equal ranks.
~ Yuri fan <3

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#9 Post by Hyperguy »

Mikado wrote:I'll try searching Valet and Attendant up. Since there will be a maid in the house, I want them to have equal ranks.
For simplicity's sake, you could just mention in the story that one's a maid and one's a butler and that they have equal ranks.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Showsni »

Hyperguy wrote:
Mikado wrote:I'll try searching Valet and Attendant up. Since there will be a maid in the house, I want them to have equal ranks.
For simplicity's sake, you could just mention in the story that one's a maid and one's a butler and that they have equal ranks.
If a maid had equal rank to a butler, she'd probably have to be the head maid, in charge of all the other maids...

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#11 Post by Hyperguy »

Showsni wrote:If a maid had equal rank to a butler, she'd probably have to be the head maid, in charge of all the other maids...
...Yes, but in this story there's one manservant named Seru and one maid named Sienna and they're equals. I think Mikado's ability to tailor the story to meet her goals is more important than extraneous details or being accurate, unless it adds something to the story. (Wow, that sounds like an extremely pretentious and faggy thing to say. Sorry, I'm working on getting my point across without sounding like a douchemonger.)

Like a maid team. On rollerskates. With white and blue horizontal striped underpantsu. :3

Jake
Support Hero

#12 Post by Jake »

Hyperguy wrote:(Wow, that sounds like an extremely pretentious and faggy thing to say. Sorry, I'm working on getting my point across without sounding like a douchemonger.)
What? No it doesn't. This is a game-making forum, not 4chan. Expressing opinions is not necessarily 'pretentious'. We tend to listen to what people are saying and take them seriously, here, not sit around waiting for any opportunity to call them childish names.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found