Plants Over People [GxB][Romance][SliceofLife][School]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hapuki
Regular
Projects: Another Glance , Osiris: Ordinance of the Thorns , The Sprout Club
Organization: Simply Happy Studios

Plants Over People [GxB][Romance][SliceofLife][School]

#1 Post by Hapuki »

Heyo! I have another project I have in slow progress, but it's turning out to be a long one so I'm taking a break from it to think up a smaller scaled one! LIES I ended up adding a lot of features and ideas than I wanted and anticipated... I seriously can't help myself ;_;
Also I changed the placeholder title of the game from 'The Sprout Club' to 'Plants Over People', I'm seriously bad at naming games- so it'll be subject to change ;m;

Genre: Romance, GxB, Magical elements, School, slice of life, cliche
Synopsis

You are a senior high school student that has been living a normal life in your little hometown, you've been living with your grandma and brother but he had recently moved out. The last time you saw your parents was when you were 8 years old. However on your 18th birthday your grandma has left you as well for reasons not disclosed in the letter she left you; but perhaps most surprising of all, you receive a gift from parents you haven't heard from in years... Your grandma's letter prompts you to go to the town's shopping plaza to pick up some gifts from the shopkeepers that have watched you grow but upon arriving at the plaza you are shocked when you stumble upon a mysterious and magical shop that you swear was never there before. Upon entering the shop, the storekeeper gives you the option to pick from two plants to keep as a birthday gift along with a simple but important proposal. Take care of this plant for one month and you'll be reunited with your parents.
Rough Character Doodles
magic flowers and school boys.png
(left to right) Childhood friend, Fragile flower, Popular Guy, Shy Flower, Popular girl
mc.png
Main Character
Green thumb, researching, cultivating and observing plants are her life; she spends most of her time taking care of plants until they mature, blossom, sprout. She is so fixated on them that she has notebooks riddled with observations, routines and the likes about plants she has taken care of in order to become better at caring for them. (reasons stem from childhood) As a result from her "hobby" she isn't too enthusiastic to make friends with her other classmates, in fact, she isn't even aware of most of their names. However she is the founding president of the school's one and only Sprout Club boasting with two members, her and her childhood friend.
childhoof.png
Childhood Friend
The childhood friend of the main character, he looks out for her when he can since he's in so many sports clubs. He's a very athletic type with serious school spirit and a general golden boy at school. His kindness extends to everyone but mostly to the main character as he is the only other member besides her in the Sprout Club. Perhaps the only person that understands her otherwise odd fixation on plants and sometimes misunderstood oblivious nature.
popboy.png
Popular Guy
This popular guy is some kind of idol at the high school and is always being fawned over from both girls and guys alike, he never has a moment to himself. Despite the cool, sometimes jerk-ish bravado he puts up he is actually quite insecure about his love for books and literature.
spoiled.png
Fragile Flower
One of two of the flowers given as a birthday gift to the main character. He comes from the plant The Lily of the Valley and is actually quite fragile due to an accident, but he hates to be doted upon.
sweetie.png
Shy Flower
One of the two flowers given as a birthday gift to the Main Character. He comes from the plant the Artichoke Cactus; he is very aloof and silent but craves affection despite his odd tendency to shy away from others.
popgirl.png
Popular Girl
A junior in highschool but the captain of the marching band. She has a great sense of smell but is allergic to pollen so she typically shies away from plants and flowers and the like. She wears her heart on her sleeve and can sometimes be taken as rude, but will readily apologize when she's recognized she's offended.
Thoughts?
So far the script is in progress! Got a lot of assets, already piecing it together! Weeee
Doodle Dump::::
Snapchat--7422593323007986669.jpg
Snapchat--3210961729427995029.jpg
Snapchat-2336976845400802243.jpg
Snapchat--4980650974188670053.jpg
Snapchat--6785021231208292517.jpg
Snapchat-8066211554814150238.jpg
Snapchat-305927366392503809.jpg
Last edited by Hapuki on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: The Sprout Club [GxB][Romance][SliceofLife][School]

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

*claps* good luck! I think it's a very cute idea. They're stuck in archetypes right now, so can't comment much on their personalities.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hapuki
Regular

#3 Post by Hapuki »

Hazel-Bun!! Man I've missed you- and thanks, it's always easier for me to think of appearances first and background second, unfortunately >n<; I'm afraid the characters won't be anything groundbreaking, but I do hope they'll at least be entertaining! :) I wonder how you've been!
Image Image Image

polarisked

#4 Post by polarisked »

Ahh...I like the ideas of of this xD Clubs are pretty generic, but I haven't seen a planting one :O

I hope to see more progress on this though, since it seems there hasn't been any updates yet...

Hapuki
Regular

#5 Post by Hapuki »

polarisked wrote:Ahh...I like the ideas of of this xD Clubs are pretty generic, but I haven't seen a planting one :O

I hope to see more progress on this though, since it seems there hasn't been any updates yet...
Thanks for showing interest! Despite my lack of updating this post, I've actually been continually working on it! At the moment I'm writing out the routes for each love interest and have been making steady progress :D and I've collected about 80% of the assets I'll be using. Here are some of my random concept drawings if you'd like to look!
Snapchat--7422593323007986669.jpg
Doodle of the MC
Snapchat-6548600428210469748.jpg
Four different thumbnails for a CG idea
Snapchat-8066211554814150238.jpg
Another set of thumbnail ideas for a different CG
Snapchat-305927366392503809.jpg
I explored one of the thumbnail ideas, may be finalized
Snapchat--6785021231208292517.jpg
Lily of the Valley guy design scribbles ;u;
Snapchat--4980650974188670053.jpg
Artichoke Cactus guy design scribble ;o;
Snapchat--3210961729427995029.jpg
Childhood friend and Popular guys in two different poses each, sprite concept and design scribblinggggs

Erikka
Regular

Re: Plants Over People [GxB][Romance][SliceofLife][School]

#6 Post by Erikka »

That looks very interesting! I like the plot and out of all the characters I find "popular guy-idol" the most handsome and interesting)
Good luck to you with this game!