Life As A Teenage Witch [G/BxG/B] [Comedy, Supernatural]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

Life As A Teenage Witch [G/BxG/B] [Comedy, Supernatural]

#1 Post by Smudgeed »

This game is heavily inspired by Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, so if you like Buffy...maybe you'd like this?
Genre: Romance, Supernatural, Comedy, Action, Mystery, Slice-of-life
Possible romances: GxB, GxG, BxG, BxB
Ever since you were a little kid, you knew something was odd about your life. Whether is was the fact you could curl your tongue, lift pencils with your mind, cook eggs perfectly or that your mother is an evil witch queen, you weren’t quite sure. You're sure, however, that 99% of your eccentricities are caused by her, and living with a woman whose idea of fun is turning ice cream trucks into piles of talking slime has turned you into a sarcastic and fiercely independent teenager. You aren’t quite sure how you’re related to her, but you are sure that it’s a lot more fun to foil her plans than it is to participate in them. You set about ruining your mother’s plans as well as the schemes of her fellow evil witches...but all good things come to an end, and your mother catches wind of your antics. She sends you away to a small town with an even smaller supernatural population so you can learn your lesson. Transferring into the local high school, you find yourself even more eager to help with all the strange cases around. You gather a team of the school's supernatural community with the help of your guidance counselor, and with then you set about saving the town from vampires, ghouls, ghosts and more. But what happens when you find yourself in something bigger than just talking slime and perverted locker room ghosts? And let’s not forget you still need to pass high school, do you even know what you want to do with your life? Being a hero doesn’t pay, after all.

No one said being a teenager was easy, and you know that being a teenage witch makes it that much harder. But if there's one thing you know...it's that you wouldn't trade your life as a teenage witch in for anything.

Life As A Teenage Witch (or Teenage Witch, as I like to refer to it as) is a romance visual novel featuring 5 (I realize now that if you play as a girl you have one more romantic option....oops?) romance options. The story follows a nameable character (male or female) who has just transferred into the high school of a small northern Canadian town. This story takes inspiration from Buffy, Sabrina: The Teenage Witch and the Persona game series. It will focus not only on saving the world but the pressure of teenage life. The goal of this game is to make something polished. It will take a significantly longer time to develop than my first project and won’t be developed beyond planning and base framework stuff UNTIL Stolen Life is released. I am posting this up right now so I can know if there is anyone interested in helping with this project! I’d like to have beta testers (who proofread and edit), ideabouncers, and some coding help (really, I can't code at ALL)! Anything is helpful, but I won't be touching this until Stolen Life is near completion.

Rough sketches of main characters, style of art still being decided on. Character descriptions are also rough. There are other, lesser romantic interests and a secret romance option, as well as other important characters not pictured. Click on image for full-size.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rough. The phone screen is where extra features will be displayed.

ImageImageImageImage

• 3 (or 2) endings per character and a few extra, a differing experience every time you play
  • A calendar (codded into game :') )
  • Some sort of stat raising (similar to the Persona games. Having certain skills makes it possible to unlock new dialogue options which lead to different scenes/outcomes.)
  • A map (working out how to implement this)
  • School stuff like exams, joining clubs, choosing your career/educational path... (most likely not happening)
  • Part-time jobs, dates...
  • Features on the phone (I can code a couple, but I'm trying to figure out how to do an email system or something like that)
  • ACTION, MYSTERY, FUN
  • In game, I want this to span the whole school year (worst case scenario this game will be one semester and some)
  • The ending in which you actually become the evil witch ruler
  • Other Romantic options (I call them lesser romantic options)! Will features less content than the main 5 but are still technically romantic options. And a secret romance.
  • Non-romance routes/paths/endings (will feature less content though as romance is the focus)
  • Optional heavily implied sexy scenes (scenes that aren't enough to give this game a mature rating; fade-to-black before things get serious. These scenes are optional and instead you can have no implying that sex happened)
  • Outline for intro of game done. General GUI done.
  • Codded calendar :' )
Somethings I'd like to know:
Does this sound interesting? Would you play it?
Do you have any suggestions/things you would like to see in this game OR a game like this?
Is there anything you'd like to know about this game?
And of course, any feedback is very appreciated :)
Last edited by Smudgeed on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Mariaachi
Regular

Re: Life As A Teenage Witch [G/BxG/B] [Comedy, Supernatural]

#2 Post by Mariaachi »

Very Interesting..I wanna see how you incorporate the Persona elements! I would definitely play this but my suggestion is: Do not push yourself. If you think there is too much endings, characters etc. don't over do it!!!!!!! I don't think you'll be proud of yourself if there IS SO much content it cannot be played. That'll just make you feel like your wasting your time. So...try your best...good luck and remember...you are a potato. ;)

MegaElla
Regular

#3 Post by MegaElla »

Wow, it seems like a great game, I'll be answering your questions:

1. I love all kind of supernatural stuff, so at least for me it sounds more than interesting, and also I love the kind of games that include Persona features, so I'm your fan I couldn't even try to program that. The ending in which you actually become the evil witch ruler, YAY! I love those kind of endings, mind me if I just love that kind of endings 'cuz I watched too much once upon a time. And having more action than romance? Yes, that's something I would play. Sorry for rambling around what I think this is my wish game >.<. I can't even get to the mystery solving pleaseeee this has to be the best game ever?
2. Can I suggest a name for the mother? Or do you already have? If not you should call her Viktoria
3. Can I be beta-tester and Idea-Bouncer?? I red you'll need and since I'm a happy writer I can help you with that, but not much until august tough.

Good Luck with the game!

Smudgeed
Regular

#4 Post by Smudgeed »

Mariaachi wrote:Very Interesting..I wanna see how you incorporate the Persona elements! I would definitely play this but my suggestion is: Do not push yourself. If you think there is too much endings, characters etc. don't over do it!!!!!!! I don't think you'll be proud of yourself if there IS SO much content it cannot be played. That'll just make you feel like your wasting your time. So...try your best...good luck and remember...you are a potato. ;)
Well, I'm still planning everything out! I hope to be able to incorporate those elements. I personally like games with a lot of content, and I would make a game like that even if people don't go through it all. However, I'll make sure to not give myself too much to work on! Yes, yes...I am a potato ;) Thank you for your comment ;)
MegaElla wrote:Wow, it seems like a great game, I'll be answering your questions:

1. I love all kind of supernatural stuff, so at least for me it sounds more than interesting, and also I love the kind of games that include Persona features, so I'm your fan I couldn't even try to program that. The ending in which you actually become the evil witch ruler, YAY! I love those kind of endings, mind me if I just love that kind of endings 'cuz I watched too much once upon a time. And having more action than romance? Yes, that's something I would play. Sorry for rambling around what I think this is my wish game >.<. I can't even get to the mystery solving pleaseeee this has to be the best game ever?
2. Can I suggest a name for the mother? Or do you already have? If not you should call her Viktoria
3. Can I be beta-tester and Idea-Bouncer?? I red you'll need and since I'm a happy writer I can help you with that, but not much until august tough.

Good Luck with the game!
Thank you! Haha I love those kinds of endings too! That's why I want to include one in here. Well actually there's more romance than action...but there will be lots of action! I'm glad you like the idea of this game so much though! I hope I don't dissapoint.

And I love Viktoria! I used it as the name ;) And yes, you can be a beta-tester and ideabouncer! I haven't been doing anything but GUI stuff right now but once I start planning out the game play, I'll contact you (hopefully you'll still want to ideabounce by then haha). Beta-testing won't come in until MUCH later so it'll be far past august by then :') Thank you!

Here's the rough for the witch queen!
Attachments
vik.jpg

Smudgeed
Regular

#5 Post by Smudgeed »

Updated the opening post a little! Got rid of the species of the characters as they kind of spoil the fun, though, they are not entirely spoilers. Just did the base outline stuff for the part 1 (aka. the intro) of the game. Where you meet all of the characters and form a team, you also handle your first case. I'm planning out features of the game still, so this chart is subject to change but I've got the gist of the game down as well as what I can and can't do. It looks linear, but that is because it's the first part of the game, there is more branching later on. Not all choices are pictured, I only noted the ones that have a bigger impact. Still, I won't be writing anything until Stolen Life is done so of course, maybe I'll learn more along the way? I've edited the "planned features" to accommodate this.

Well, looks like this game is going to be a long project... :roll:

And here are more side characters, though, Jonah is a pretty important character. And with Alice there, I can elaborate on what I mean by having other, lesser romances. With these lesser romances, you can flirt with them as well as have other scenes. If you follow a non-romance path/ending to this game, they'll be mentioned at the end. However, in most cases, you can't actually date them (though the ending may imply you are dating them).

So, if you want to play this game pursuing no one but flirting with everyone, you can. It'll probably give you a little harem at the end too :lol:

And for now I'll stick to doing GUI stuff and planning until my first project is done. I'll update the first post with screen shots of the GUI as I do it.
Attachments
Untitled-5.jpg