Mujinchitai (Horror/Suspense VN)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Mujinchitai (Horror/Suspense VN) *3 Screenshots*

#61 Post by Cybeat »

Pretty cool? It's supposed to be horrific. I have more interesting looking monsters, but it might spoil the fun.

Thanks for the information. I don't really know how to convert all 42 BGs to jpg, though. Is it even possible?
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

renkenjutsu
Regular

#62 Post by renkenjutsu »

With any image editing software (like photoshop or GIMP), you just simply save as a jpg file, appending the extension.
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#63 Post by LVUER »

Even easier, use ACDSee (I suggest using version 4 or higher). Just select all files you want to convert, make some adjustment (like compression rate; smaller rate will yield better result, at lowest rate the file size of the picture could be bigger than BMP), and press OK.

Will fantasy monsters, like bad breathing dragons, orcs, dwarf) appear, or just monsters like zombies, axe-wielding psychomaniac killer, an immortal masked chainsaw-wielding freak? (Oh wait, zombie is also a fantasy monster, isn't it?)

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Cybeat »

I'll take a look at it. It'll save me SO much time if it worked.

It'll have some of both. It will be from nasty looking zombies to severed hands that grab people. I may add more monsters later. Any requests or suggestions?
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#65 Post by sake-bento »

I say pretty cool because I like horror. XD It means it's good. ::thumbs up::

LVUER
King of Lolies

#66 Post by LVUER »

How about a shadow monster that can't be killed but can kill you. You can't see them in dark but can spot them easily in bright environment.

Or a dopelgangger that if killed, the same person that is copied will die too. And of course, this dopelgangger can kill (and it likes to stab from behind or causing conflicts in the team).

Oh, will there any mutilation scene? A gory one perhaps? Not that I want it... just curious.

Anyway, I always want to say that the main characters' faces are similar one to another (or it's just me?)

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#67 Post by Cybeat »

@sake-bento: Oh. Thanks!

@LVUER: We have something similar to shadow monsters. We have many different kinds of ghosts. One of them appears on the corner of your peripheral vision, but hides behind you when you turn to look. By the way, no monsters or ghost appear during day time in the game.

I never heard of a dopelgangger, but I probably saw one in games. I think I'll add this one in....or not. I'll need to think.

Yep. There are mutilation scenes. Decapitation, hanging corpse, neck bite, etc. The last 2 I mentioned aren't mutilation, though.

The main characters look same because (here's a spoiler) they're all related! :lol: Just kidding. That's how my partner draws. It's his style. Mine is different.
Mujinchitai

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#68 Post by Deji »

I think I haven't commented here yet....

I like the character art =3 There are some anatomical mistakes, but over all they look really cool ^^
What you have mentioned so far about the story, setting and mood has me really interested =O

I'm one of those peopl that gets nightmares from watching crappy horror movies and can't sleep well, haha XD; So I bet f you do it right, I'll be scared to death XD;;
I'm looking forward to this ^^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Cybeat »

Ah, finally our top artist comes in. Like I mentioned earlier, I may end up uploading a "no pop up image" version for those who hate pop up images when I get done. It would suck, for me, if one of my readers stopped reading because it got too scary.
Mujinchitai

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#70 Post by akemicchi »

XD Haha. But it's a rated M horror story! They should already be prepared for really scary stuff!

I haven't commented here yet, which is strange since I absolutely love the horror genre. :D The main characters are really cute ( almost way too cute to in star in a horror story? ). I myself am not a big fan of survival horror-- I'm more into psychological horror-- but it sounds cool anyway. I can't wait to play! xD Are you going to put out a demo?

Just wondering, but it's going to be linear, right? The storyline?

LVUER
King of Lolies

#71 Post by LVUER »

How about this monster, just think about it but I think it is hard to be programmed.

This monster is tiny and appear at random. Once attached to your body, it is attached for the rest of the game until you realized about its existence. You can avoid being attached by being very careful (may be chose not to open or not to step on something).

Once attached, it will create an illusion that even the victim (and the victim is you!) won't realize it was an illusion. It's very realistic and the game won't hint anything about it or when the illusion has stopped. So there will a lot of inconsistencies and it's up to the player to spot them.
So the player have to be able to differentiate which is reality and is not.

Since the illusion and the monster appearance are randoms, you can't rely on memorizing them.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#72 Post by bloodywyvern »

akemicchi wrote:XD Haha. But it's a rated M horror story! They should already be prepared for really scary stuff!

I haven't commented here yet, which is strange since I absolutely love the horror genre. :D The main characters are really cute ( almost way too cute to in star in a horror story? ). I myself am not a big fan of survival horror-- I'm more into psychological horror-- but it sounds cool anyway. I can't wait to play! xD Are you going to put out a demo?

Just wondering, but it's going to be linear, right? The storyline?
Didn't you know? The very, very best candidates for a horror story are delicious little loli's. That way, when the blood splatters they get these cute little scared faces and I am forced to take a hentai break...hm, what? It's better than coffee. xD

Er, I'm not a part of the team but I've discussed it with Cybeat. I believe it's not linear, there are choices that will decide certain aspects of the story or something like that.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Cybeat »

Whoa, many questions. Okay:

@akemicchi: Ah! Then this should, if I succeed, be the right game for you. bloodywyvern's right. It has many endings. He's also right about having little lolis in scary stories. Since you said you like psychological horror, you must know what Higurashi is. That anime also used cute lolis (Rena!).

@LVUER: Hm. The way you explain these monsters sound like monsters from real survival horror, third person shooter games. Can you think of a different monster? Like....chupacabras?
Mujinchitai

LVUER
King of Lolies

#74 Post by LVUER »

From shooter game, yeah that would be cool, though when I thought about it I don't think about the type of the game (sorry, my mistake, but I did told you that this monster will be hard to be programmed), only the monsters.

Then what about cute monsters? Like Poring or cute little loli (neko-mimi maid, naked little girls, or something like that ^_^)? But when the victim is least expected, grawm!!!, the monster eats its prey in one gulp.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#75 Post by bloodywyvern »

Cute little monsters that suddenly attack...*points to Excel Saga* The Puchuus...
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1