Mujinchitai (Horror/Suspense VN)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Mujinchitai (Horror/Suspense VN) *3 Screenshots*

#76 Post by Cybeat »

LVUER wrote:From shooter game, yeah that would be cool, though when I thought about it I don't think about the type of the game (sorry, my mistake, but I did told you that this monster will be hard to be programmed), only the monsters.

Then what about cute monsters? Like Poring or cute little loli (neko-mimi maid, naked little girls, or something like that ^_^)? But when the victim is least expected, grawm!!!, the monster eats its prey in one gulp.
That would be cute and everything (I would do it), but what about the readers? They'll be like "Aww, look at that cute monster." and then when you kill it, "Oh no! My baby!!!!!!!!", know what I mean? Can you think of something you would find in a zombie-type game like.......zombie dogs! I can kill zombie puppies with no problem.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#77 Post by akemicchi »

Cybeat wrote:Whoa, many questions. Okay:

@akemicchi: Ah! Then this should, if I succeed, be the right game for you. bloodywyvern's right. It has many endings. He's also right about having little lolis in scary stories. Since you said you like psychological horror, you must know what Higurashi is. That anime also used cute lolis (Rena!).
bloodywyvern: LOL

Cybeat:
Oh, no, by linear, I didn't mean it like a kinetic novel or something with only one ending. I meant, like... for the decisions you make, it branches into extremely different routes and doesn't recombine until much later into the story... or something like that. xD

... Actually, I've never heard of Higurashi... :D;;; I don't really play or look for a lot of games anymore, so, eheheh. Um, but the kind of psychological horror that I like is the kind that messes with someone's sanity and throws the characters into a lot of emotional distress, and that tension rubs onto the player; is Higurashi like that?

It sounds like there's a lot of emphasis in just killing monsters, though. ( I'm pretty much desensitized to violence and gore and monsters, so that's why I'm wondering if it might be psychological, too... ^^ )

Eheh, by the way, what's a "Cover Front" style gameplay? Cx;;

About cute, uber dangerous monsters:
But... But... That'd be totally awesome, though...! It's like, "KILL THAT CUTE THING OR YOU'LL DIE", but then the player is like, "No, I can't...!" ...But they'll really have no choice because they could die a horrible, messy death. It's disturbing.

Killing zombie puppies wouldn't be that disturbing, since they're already dead and already grotesque... ._.; Unless they looked like living puppies. Then that'd be really, really disturbing... T_T

... Y'know, instead of just a "non-pop-up" version, you should just make a PG-13/PG-16 version where you take out the most scary stuff. xD;;;

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#78 Post by LVUER »

Make a meter for "Cute Liking Meter" or "Adrenaline Meter" (serious name for Cute Liking Meter)
If the Cute Liking Meter is too high, you can't kill cute class monster. Even if you press the button "Kill the cute monster", you only get reply like "No, I can't kill it, it's too CUTE." BAMM and then GAME OVER screen appears.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by Cybeat »

@akemicchi: I haven't thought much about that yet. Right now I'm still at the beginning of the script.

Yep, it's just like that. A boy, the protagonist, would have so stress and paranoia, he killed his friends. A lot more too! Little lolis get tortured and disemboweled too. Everything is because of paranoia....well, not really. Can't spoil it. Anyway, yeah. Everything psychological.

Covert Front is a free game you can download. Try it. Cool gameplay. It has everything to do with BG's.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#80 Post by azureXtwilight »

Cybeat wrote:Really? I know very little about image files. If I change the files to jpg right now, will it make any changes, or was I supposed to do that before I made the file?
azureXtwilight wrote:Thanks for the consideration, I'm touched :cry:
I hope the monster will be preeeeety scaaaaary....
Scary enough?
Hmm...
Haven't beat zombies in Resident Evil, but you're super-duper good!
Like Jake said, why did u use PNG for background?
I thought PNG's good side is, that it's background can be transparent, more like characters.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by Cybeat »

I can kill zombies in Resident Evil anytime.

I didn't know anything about the PNG thing. I just thought PNG was the best file or something.
Mujinchitai

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#82 Post by sake-bento »

PNG does tend to be higher quality, plus you can nice transparent parts if you need them. But for a goodl 'ol background a JPG is just fine.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#83 Post by azureXtwilight »

Cybeat wrote:I can kill zombies in Resident Evil anytime.

I didn't know anything about the PNG thing. I just thought PNG was the best file or something.
LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well guys, as long as it's good, I'm ready to download it as soon as it releases!!!!
Kya!

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#84 Post by Cybeat »

I'm planning on releasing a demo soon. Not too soon.
Mujinchitai

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#85 Post by azureXtwilight »

Cybeat wrote:I'm planning on releasing a demo soon. Not too soon.
Hehe, soon or not to soon.
Actually, downloading a demo is like a teaser to me XD

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#86 Post by Cybeat »

Update:

1. My circle's homepage is now in construction.

2. 4408/100000 complete. Dang.....

That's all for now.
Mujinchitai

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#87 Post by akemicchi »

Uwah..! o: Good luck, Cybeat! You and your circle can do it!! C:

I'm really looking forward to the demo~!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#88 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hiya cybeat! Glad u're back!
I saw the lint, and the story isn't much, yet! Go, man you can do it!
Even if it's a teaser, okais! I'll download it!
Just plz download my game in return when it's finished okay? XD!
Bye-bye for now!
(AAARGH! HOW DO I DELETE THE MESSAGE ABOVE! SOMEONE DELETE IT!!!)

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#89 Post by Cybeat »

Thanks, akemicchi.

@azureXtwilight: Sure. I'll take a look at your game when it's finished. Also, there's nothing wrong with your message.
Mujinchitai

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#90 Post by RidleyWright »

I think she said that because she posted the same message twice by mistake.

Anyway, just drop by to say that I'm also looking forward to this game (I like the genre and the art looks well accomplished).

By the way, you seem to be trying to write a story with length above average (100k word count). You shouldn't try to aim your story to be this or that length, or at least, I think. It may not come out naturally. Sure, games like Fate/Stay Night may have 1000k words or whatever, but there is also of boring, unnecessary moments. So just write the story you planned without limit constrains.