Mirai Games Recruiting

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lordie

Re: Mirai Games Recruiting

#31 Post by Lordie »

Ok. I've spoken to the core members of the team and they agreed on going for route 2!
We also decided to have a working title for the game: True Love Alternative :)
If anyone have a suggestion for a name they think will be better, I'd love to hear them. :)

Again, thanks for your replies and guidings! <3
Founder & CO
Mirai Games

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#32 Post by mikey »

I'd say TL Alternative sounds like an "alternative to true love" (cheap love, perhaps), not like an "alternative to the game True Love". :)

My random ideas would be Truest Love, Pure Love, First Love, or the wonderfully inventive True Loves. Maybe among the thousands of Japanese games some of these titles are taken, it would need some research.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#33 Post by PyTom »

Lordie wrote:True Love Alternative
REJECTED

The last thing you want is a name that brings you in line with X-Change Alternative.

I'd also like the float the suggestion that you might be able to benefit by building a relatively shallow dating-sim layer on top of Ren'Py, as opposed to writing a new engine from scratch in C++.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Lordie

#34 Post by Lordie »

PyTom wrote:
REJECTED

The last thing you want is a name that brings you in line with X-Change Alternative.
Even as a working title? O.o
PyTom wrote: I'd also like the float the suggestion that you might be able to benefit by building a relatively shallow dating-sim layer on top of Ren'Py, as opposed to writing a new engine from scratch in C++.
Can you give a link to Ren'Py? I'll have my developer look at it and see what he says. :)
Founder & CO
Mirai Games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#35 Post by PyTom »

Lordie wrote:Even as a working title? O.o
I was, of course, kidding. But wouldn't Truer Love be a good title?

(no.)
PyTom wrote:Can you give a link to Ren'Py? I'll have my developer look at it and see what he says. :)
Well, http://www.renpy.org/ , and you might also want to look at the dating sim engine you can grab from
http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Frameworks . The latter is not so much for use as for getting an idea of what can be done.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Lordie

#36 Post by Lordie »

Founder & CO
Mirai Games

Threevenge
Regular

#37 Post by Threevenge »

I'm gonna start off somewhat off-topic:

[quote="MorphineSoldier]Lordie: No, the cliche is that "All publicity is good publicity." and everyone with a brain knows that isn't true. Especially since it contradicts "No news is good news."[/quote]

"No news is good news" isn't completely right. First off, no news means nothing is progressing and things are standing still. Second, no news means that I won't have a job after getting my journalism major :P

Now to the topic. I really hope you'll be able to complete this game and it's good to see you're going with an original work. Any remake of a video game is trying a balancing act over shark-infested waters; too many changes and fans will feel like it ruined what made the original special, too few changes and fans will complain that it's a rip off. Unfortunately but unsurprisingly a lot of attempts of remakes even by professionals fail to keep that balance.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream (editor)

Lordie

#38 Post by Lordie »

I feel pretty confident that my group can finish this.
However, there are some key positions open, such as character design and CG artists.
We are also looking for graphic and sound programmer, depending on if we're going to use Ren'Py as core or making our own from scractch.
If anyone is interested in being a project leader for the group it will help me tremendiously.
Already got the rest (so far) covered, and I also got a musician to make the music.
I would also really like the game to have voices, but I'm not even sure if that's possible to get the right people for it.
Founder & CO
Mirai Games

MorphineSoldier
Regular

#39 Post by MorphineSoldier »

Lordie wrote:I feel pretty confident that my group can finish this.
However, there are some key positions open, such as character design and CG artists.
We are also looking for graphic and sound programmer, depending on if we're going to use Ren'Py as core or making our own from scractch.
If anyone is interested in being a project leader for the group it will help me tremendiously.
Already got the rest (so far) covered, and I also got a musician to make the music.
I would also really like the game to have voices, but I'm not even sure if that's possible to get the right people for it.
It's possible, and you may even be able to get some of those people here.

I know I have some of the proper equipment and software to record, I am however very much a male, and you probably aren't very interested in male voices.

I could stretch for female though =O -puts on a falsetto and talks about shoes-
This space is for rent.
Pocky is valid currency in my country.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#40 Post by bloodywyvern »

Lordie wrote:I feel pretty confident that my group can finish this.
Well there is a difference in being ABLE to finish something, and actually doing it :wink: but I believe you guys will pull through nicely. Just remember to pick a very good project leader, since well organization is a really big deal in keeping everyone together. I would volunteer, since I have the time, but I have no prior experience on the matter.

Voices can be difficult to hit "on the money" to the original idea. So you'll want to take in lots of different samples, rather then just taking the first person to "sound close enough". Or so I think.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Lordie

#41 Post by Lordie »

MorphineSoldier wrote: It's possible, and you may even be able to get some of those people here.

I know I have some of the proper equipment and software to record, I am however very much a male, and you probably aren't very interested in male voices.

I could stretch for female though =O -puts on a falsetto and talks about shoes-
Hehe. Well, if we decide to have voices on the extra characters maybe :)
bloodywyvern wrote: Well there is a difference in being ABLE to finish something, and actually doing it :wink: but I believe you guys will pull through nicely. Just remember to pick a very good project leader, since well organization is a really big deal in keeping everyone together. I would volunteer, since I have the time, but I have no prior experience on the matter.
That's true. I kind of want people with the expertise here, so I can feel that the project is in safe hands....*shrugs*
Founder & CO
Mirai Games

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#42 Post by Counter Arts »

PyTom wrote:
Lordie wrote:True Love Alternative
REJECTED

Well there is another probably more well known one called Futakoi Alternative. The moral of the story of Futakoi is probably the exact opposite of Futakoi Alternative in the animes. I happen to have Futakoi Alternative.
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#43 Post by bloodywyvern »

MorphineSoldier wrote: I could stretch for female though =O -puts on a falsetto and talks about shoes-
That is scary...truly, truly scary...

The worst part being if you could pull it off well.
Lordie wrote: That's true. I kind of want people with the expertise here, so I can feel that the project is in safe hands....*shrugs*
Not a problem :wink: I already said I wouldn't volunteer for that very reason, and gave tips instead.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#44 Post by Mirielle »

Lordie wrote:I would also really like the game to have voices, but I'm not even sure if that's possible to get the right people for it.
If you look in the right places, you'll find dozens, even hundreds, of amateur female (and male, although female VA is more often needed for VN's/Dating Sims) voice actors, myself included. If you're looking for free voice talent, then it's relatively simple to get a good deal of varied and incredibly professional sounding voice actors at no expense at all. We do it for the publicity, experience and the chance to add to our resumes and hopefully help our chances of breaking into the industry.

Ahem, that was my voice acting rant for the day. Needless to say, when you hold auditions, I will definitely be there.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Lordie

#45 Post by Lordie »

Mirielle wrote:If you look in the right places, you'll find dozens, even hundreds, of amateur female (and male, although female VA is more often needed for VN's/Dating Sims) voice actors, myself included. If you're looking for free voice talent, then it's relatively simple to get a good deal of varied and incredibly professional sounding voice actors at no expense at all. We do it for the publicity, experience and the chance to add to our resumes and hopefully help our chances of breaking into the industry.

Ahem, that was my voice acting rant for the day. Needless to say, when you hold auditions, I will definitely be there.
Nice! Thanks for the info :)
Founder & CO
Mirai Games