Patchwork’s Curse -[BxB, BxG]- A Supernatural/Romance VN

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Re: Witching Hour -[BxB, BxG]- A Fantasy/Supernatural/Romanc

#16 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I guess my main comment is that there is already a visual novel on this forum by the same name. Not sure if the title is pending or if you intend to add "The" ahead of it. Otherwise it's a bit confusing.

Anyway, it looks like you have a nicely developed cast! Looking forward to further development. :D

Honest Critique

oujibird
Projects: Patchwork's Curse

Re: Patchwork's Curse -[BxB, BxG]- A Supernatural/Romance VN

#17 Post by oujibird »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:Not sure if the title is pending or if you intend to add "The" ahead of it.
HAHA, don't worry, it was just a placeholder! That I took no longer than three seconds to think of. I finally thought of something perfect for the story, now, though - so that's fixed now. HURRAY TO NO CONFUSION.
Green Glasses Girl wrote:Anyway, it looks like you have a nicely developed cast! Looking forward to further development. :D
You're too kind! :cry: I'll be sure to keep going! PROGRESS IS MY MIDDLE NAME. It's not, but pretend it is.
Sometimes, I contribute... | Check out my WIP project!

Nayru774
Regular
Completed: SoulSet, Blankspace
Projects: The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Tumblr: NoBreadStudio
itch: nobreadstudio

Re: Patchwork’s Curse -[BxB, BxG]- A Supernatural/Romance VN

#18 Post by Nayru774 »

The concept of this whole thing and the characters seem very interesting (I love the way you describe things, at that, haha)! :D
I'm definitely following this and eagerly waiting for any updates. Good luck with everything! c:
Image Image Image

oujibird

#19 Post by oujibird »

New update! There's a link to the chapter ideas now, where you can see vaguely what's planned for each. Ending ideas too! Watch your step. Spoilers. Specific route ideas will come later, though I already have things in mind... keep watching!

oujibird

#20 Post by oujibird »

Nayru774 wrote:The concept of this whole thing and the characters seem very interesting (I love the way you describe things, at that, haha)! :D
Aw, thanks!
Nayru774 wrote:I'm definitely following this and eagerly waiting for any updates. Good luck with everything! c:
Much appreciated! I'll send some good vibes your way as well!

.......GOOD VIBES. (Vibes sent.)

Nayru774
Regular

#21 Post by Nayru774 »

@oujibird - The chapter ideas seem really intriguing, and I'm definitely looking forward to this project even more now! Good luck with working things out and putting everything together! c:

Mmm, good vibes... much appreciated! I shall use them wisely, as well. c: /sends some back at you, too~
Image Image Image

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#22 Post by Laera-chan »

One, love the chapter ideas.

Two... I'm so so so SO putting my name forward to be a proof-reader/beta-tester/guinea-pig/whatever the hell else you want!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Anything to be able to play this sooner! :oops: :lol: I'm a writer, so I'm pretty good with proof-reading. If nothing else, you'd get a lot of excited eager fanatical feedback from me! :P :lol:

Three, there is no three.

Four, I can't wait for this! Can you tell I'm excited? //shot

oujibird

#23 Post by oujibird »

HOO BOY, okay. Carpal tunnel issues are acting up again, so I'll have to calm down with drawing for now (...just gimme a couple months, and I'll get back to sprites!) For the time being, however... I GUESS THIS MEANS I'LL START PLANNING... Lucious's route.

It begins.

Time to crack open a program for branch planning! HUZZAH.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#24 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Looks awesome *^*b can't wait for more updates!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Nayru774
Regular

#25 Post by Nayru774 »

Take care of yourself and good luck! We'll always be here, patiently waiting for any further updates. c:
Image Image Image

oujibird

#26 Post by oujibird »

Heya! Sorry for letting myself fall silent for a while... trying to live life, rest my hand, and also make a game can sure be a difficult juggle.

Anyways... since I haven't been able to draw much, I've been focusing on intensifying the plot and figuring out what exactly is the direction that I want to go with this project, as a whole... and I'm very happy to talk about that now!

Just remember - none of this is final. And it's still 16+ for language and some adult themes (thanks, my dear colorful cast!)

O-K. So.

When I first started this project, I had no clue - none at all - of what I wanted to have happen to Jade at the beginning of the story. Whether I'd immediately have him stumble into the city, or slowly but surely be guided in by a lone traveler... it was just completely up in the air. Yet, in the details above, I stated "Sure, he'll stumble in. Whatever! Why would I want to change that later?" Of course, this has now been changed! In the start of the story, I now have Jade sitting in a lonely cave, questioning the whole "suddenly being an amnesiac" situation... and, also why he's in a cave at all. After that, shenanigans happen, and then you get assigned to live in the spooky scary apartment. And then, day by day, you meet the characters you missed! And, hey, wow, what d'ya know? They all live near you! Enter more shenanigans.

After you talk to your chosen character(s) of choice for the next three days, then that's basically the demo!

...It'll be a lot more intense, and longer, than you might think. So intense.

Like, people almost dying intense. Or maybe just dying? Gelatinous beings that fade in from another reality once a night aren't exactly well-versed in sharing the secrets of their physiology. Like, did they just eat someone, or transport them across worlds? Or both? We just don't know. They can't speak to us.

Alright, I've had my fun. In conclusion, since I'm now better prepared for the work ahead, you can expect bi-weekly updates of my word count/progress from this point forward!

See you on the 17th!

Current word count: 3065, over the course of one full week of writing (...and after ridding myself of the former dialogue, which was subpar at best though hefty in length).

(*For a topic of discussion, a redesign of Jenny (in my natural style): http://i.imgur.com/PZeDugh.png ...Ain't she a doll? Should I continue to sketch in the style I'm more familiar with?)
Last edited by oujibird on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oujibird

#27 Post by oujibird »

Heya! Nice to see y'all again.

I've had a pretty long couple weeks, to say the least... so many errors. So much fixing. But, at long last, I finally got the menu I was editing to work just fine! Sadly, since that meant less time actually writing what I wanted, I fell a bit short of my goal... but my word count is now at 5353! That's at least progress, right? And now that I can elaborate on the choices I've constructed, I assume the count will skyrocket by the 31st.

Before I leave, I will say that I have been giggling nonstop with how I write Lucious and Jade. Such an... eccentric duo. Here's a sneak peak of those two:
j "Who are you?"
lu "The man of your dreams."
j "Really? Because the man of my dreams is passive aggressive, curses people, and is generally just really disturbing."
lu "..."
lu "You know... "
extend "you should aim higher than that."
lu "I'm available!"
j "Wow, great! Guess I'll just go ahead and aim for you, now, then!"
j "Hope you like open palms."
lu "Oh, I do. Specifically when they're going down."
j "(...Did he not realize I suggested slapping him? Or did he choose to ignore it? Either way, I'm annoyed.)"
I'll do this with the other three as time goes on, then give up on sending lines! Don't want ALL of the fun spoiled, you know? Just enough to let you know what you're possibly in for at the beginning. Stay tuned!

Time to edit so many things.