Tsundere-sama [GxB][Romance, Otome, Comedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

Tsundere-sama [GxB][Romance, Otome, Comedy]

#1 Post by hiko27 »

SOCIAL MEDIA (places where you can find me updating about this game):
Twitter
Tumblr

(Temporary name) Tsundere-sama

Genre: Romance, Reverse Harem, Comedy, Slice-of-life

Premise: Tsunderes are such a popular archetype in anime and manga, why not play as one? Play as the main character (name still yet to be decided) and tsun your way into guys' hearts, as well as friends! But be careful, some guys can only take so much tsun and would prefer more of the dere. Work on curbing your tsun and dere sides and win your guy's heart!

...But it's not like you're doing it just for him!
Planned features:
  • Pretty art
  • A tsun/dere gauge system (which gives you two routes for each guy: tsun, and dere route. Endings will most likely be the same except for interactions between LI and MC)
  • A (hidden?) proactive/shy gauge where, when combined with tsun/dere, gives you many choices when it comes to interacting with the people around you, including the LIs.
  • Five guys with their own preferences of tsun/dere combinations
  • Slice-of-life/Non-romance plots or side stories
  • Music ofc
  • FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Amount of time and effort can't justify it being free, so will most likely be put on Kickstarter and sold.
  • Dress-up game and stats.
  • Tons of stuttering and blushing, be warned. Especially for what I call the tsun-squared route (aka tsun MC and tsun love interest)
Aaaaand I think that's it.

Characters (so far):
Protagonist (default name yet to be determined)
side chara-default-preview.png
Kaoru
"Her name's Kaoru, because she smells nice. She has really thick, unkempt hair. So far, she's like the opposite of your character: wild, unreserved, and very loud. She'll be your future bestfriend in the game, and the reason why I made her the opposite of your character is because of the tsun/dere gauge I plan on using, she'll help you be more dere -- more open and unreserved like her."

Shit I've done:
-Gameplay detail pretty much nailed down
-MC's 1st/base sprite done
-Background outline written for each love interest

Shit I need to do:
-Finalize MC's personality traits and background
-Outline in-game timeline
-Finalize holidays/events
-LEARN HOW TO SKETCH HOT GUYS

Staff:
hiko27 - I'm a wannabe overachiever so I'm doing everything jk

Updates: Bloop. That was one lame on-the-spot premise (yes, I actually wrote that premise on the spot). This was an idea I had a few weeks ago when I was trying to come up with a short (?????? this is me we're talking about) game that I'll be doing ALL ON MY OWN. That's right. I have another thread on here, but that one's going to be worked on with more than just one person. Plus, this one will be free. I was hoping to just get a game out there, get the feel of how the whole game-making process will be but on a smaller scale. I opted to create a thread for it because I just needed a place where I can low-key get a few opinions on it, as well as a place to keep organized. As I mentioned, I'll be working on this game by myself, so obviously since I'm too freaking busy and am such a procrastinator, this won't be released anytime soon. But! I'm slowly working on ideas for the game in my head. That's better than nothing. I'm not gonna promote this game that much, think of it as a practice game for me. Less pressure than when I'm working on otoge-Real!

I'm going to be starting small. The guys haven't been decided yet, hence why I have Guy 1 and so on and so forth on here. This idea is still pretty much a super baby, but I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to get it done at least by the middle of next year since it'll be a short game.

Sidenote: I also know the typical tsundere has twintails, but in my head, I always though of ojou-sama appearance types to be typical tsundere in shoujo.

Edit: I might leave the title to just be Tsundere-sama cause it was surprisingly reblogged by an otome game news blog and yeah... It kind of stuck now. Or maybe I'll change it later on. Depends.

Question(s): (will add more as I get further into the development)
1. Opinions on mini-games?
2. Opinions on having a dress-up feature?
3. Suggestions? Comments? Any questions?
Last edited by hiko27 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 54 times in total.
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Tsundere-sama (working title) [Romance, Otome, Comedy??]

#2 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Best of luck. You've got your work cut out for you (but you'll probably never be bored).

hiko27
Veteran

#3 Post by hiko27 »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Best of luck. You've got your work cut out for you (but you'll probably never be bored).
Thanks! And true about that last part.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Ozurie
Tumblr: ozurie

#4 Post by Ozurie »

your art is beautiful! ;v; gl!! I can't wait to see it finished!

hiko27
Veteran

#5 Post by hiko27 »

Ozurie wrote:your art is beautiful! ;v; gl!! I can't wait to see it finished!
Ahhhh thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to release this by next year.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

Re: Tsundere-sama (working title) [Romance, Otome, Comedy, F

#6 Post by hiko27 »

Too lazy to update the first post so I'll just post it.
MC-1.png
The palette isn't definite yet, still trying to figure out what colors I want here. I'll hopefully be able to finish this tonight or something. I have commissions to do as well.

But aside from a somewhat finished lineart for the MC's sprite, I have thought of another feature to make the game more fun. Pretty much, at the beginning, you, as the MC, will run into certain situations on your first day of school and your choices for those situations will determine your beginning tsun/dere levels.

Opinions about what we have so far are pretty much appreciated.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#7 Post by Charlie599 »

That was one lame on-the-spot premise
No, it really wasn't XD
"...But it's not like you're doing it just for him!"
Oh gahd /wheeze/ You got me. I can *hear* the tsun.

I would play the -bleep- out of this. :D
will run into certain situations on your first day of school and your choices for those situations will determine your beginning tsun/dere levels
I love this idea XD I will have a ridiculous time tweaking my levels until they are perfect to get Guy #4. (I've decided Guy #4 is the best)
I also know the typical tsundere has twintails, but in my head, I always thought of ojou-sama appearance types to be typical tsundere in shoujo.
*Fake offence* How dare you???
I actually went to look up how wrong you were about "typical tsundere (having) twintails"... T-T Buuuut you're right. Still. Oujo-sama appearances rule!
(Inu X Boku SS) Ririchiyo-sama is the One True Tsundere! (not for reals but she's my fav)

I'm curious as to how you'll present dialogue choices to players. Does the player see the choices as the MC would? Like does: "I love you" turn into "I don't hate you." with serious blushing? XD

...Anyway...
Yaaay :D Free, (not-short!) game with adorable art all wrapped in tsundere? Perfect.
I love your MC sprite. Good luck with this! I await it most happily (what).

hiko27
Veteran

#8 Post by hiko27 »

Charlie599 wrote: No, it really wasn't XD

Oh gahd /wheeze/ You got me. I can *hear* the tsun.

I would play the -bleep- out of this. :D

I love this idea XD I will have a ridiculous time tweaking my levels until they are perfect to get Guy #4. (I've decided Guy #4 is the best)

*Fake offence* How dare you???
I actually went to look up how wrong you were about "typical tsundere (having) twintails"... T-T Buuuut you're right. Still. Oujo-sama appearances rule!
(Inu X Boku SS) Ririchiyo-sama is the One True Tsundere! (not for reals but she's my fav)

I'm curious as to how you'll present dialogue choices to players. Does the player see the choices as the MC would? Like does: "I love you" turn into "I don't hate you." with serious blushing? XD

...Anyway...
Yaaay :D Free, (not-short!) game with adorable art all wrapped in tsundere? Perfect.
I love your MC sprite. Good luck with this! I await it most happily (what).
Haha, why thank you. I thought my premise was a little too lame since it took me 30 seconds to write it up. Lol, if somebody made a game like this as well, I'd play the -bleep- out of it as well. Hahaha, lucky Guy #4, no name but already someone likes him. Ah, well, what I had in mind is that you need to be at a certain tsun/dere level come a certain point of the guy's route. I'm not sure yet since I haven't exactly figured out how I want this part to play out.

Lol, glad to know I was right. But yeah, ojou-samas are the best! Haha, sadly, I haven't watched that but I do know that the main girl is a super tsundere. Idk how I found out. Thank you! I'm actually working on the sprite right now so hopefully it'll look amazing and I'll be able to present something decent at least. Thanks for the support and all the funny comments xD

Edit: just realized that I didn't answer your question about the dialogue. The player will be given a set of choices on what to say/do, and each choice has a certain tsun/dere requirement to be able to pick it. So if you were mega super tsundere, you can't pick "Confess your love honestly" if given the choice, but that's just an example of how the system would go. But yes, some choices might be like that as well where if you played it a second time with different levels of tsun/dere, the choice you had during your first play through might change into a different one. And yes, serious blushing comes with being a tsundere so ofc it'll have that.
Last edited by hiko27 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#9 Post by hiko27 »

I told myself I'll post at least once a week, if possible once a day, so here's my post for the day.
MC-palette.png
I'm stuck on what to use for the color of the uniform, and her hair color. The typical ojou-sama I had in mind had black hair, and ofc, the uniform would be black but I'm not so sure... Opinions would be great. Also, these aren't done yet (obviously) so you can ignore the quality and the shading. I'm trying to figure out how I wanna do that still.

Oh yeah... She's supposed to have a petticoat underneath her dress but that'll have to wait until later.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Chozogal
Completed: You Never Left
Tumblr: Chozogal
Deviantart: Chozogal

#10 Post by Chozogal »

I would say if you want the pink hair, go with either a more red or a more greenish uniform. If you want to keep the black hair, then I would go with a blueish uniform or keep with the black uniform. A red uniform would also work with the black hair... but this is really just what I would do, haha. ^_^;

The premise of this game looks like it could be fun. :D

hiko27
Veteran

#11 Post by hiko27 »

Chozogal wrote:I would say if you want the pink hair, go with either a more red or a more greenish uniform. If you want to keep the black hair, then I would go with a blueish uniform or keep with the black uniform. A red uniform would also work with the black hair... but this is really just what I would do, haha. ^_^;

The premise of this game looks like it could be fun. :D
The green would probably clash with the hair since the hair has bits of red in it. And idk why but I read red as orange >.> But yeah, I forgot there are also red uniforms out there, thanks for the suggestion! I'll probably try and see if red would look better with the black hair.

Thank you! Glad to hear that.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Kevlei

#12 Post by Kevlei »

I don't usually--scratch that, I don't ever post in the ideas forum, but I'll make an exception for this game owo

Coming from a real-life tsundere, I can't tell you how excited I am to see a game like this! Honestly, I agree with the ojou-sama appearance; I'll never understand why twintails are the stereotypical tsun hairstyle. Besides, haughtiness just kind of fits a tsundere, at least it does in my opinion. As for the appearance of the main character, I prefer the black hair and black dress, but I think the bright blue eyes are a little off putting. I would pair black hair with amethyst or dark brown eyes. For blonde hair, green eyes with a peach-coloured dress. Blonde hair with pink eyes would also work with a vermillion dress too.

You're welcome to disregard all my advice though, I'm in no way a fashion/colour expert orz

hiko27
Veteran

#13 Post by hiko27 »

Kevlei wrote:I don't usually--scratch that, I don't ever post in the ideas forum, but I'll make an exception for this game owo

Coming from a real-life tsundere, I can't tell you how excited I am to see a game like this! Honestly, I agree with the ojou-sama appearance; I'll never understand why twintails are the stereotypical tsun hairstyle. Besides, haughtiness just kind of fits a tsundere, at least it does in my opinion. As for the appearance of the main character, I prefer the black hair and black dress, but I think the bright blue eyes are a little off putting. I would pair black hair with amethyst or dark brown eyes. For blonde hair, green eyes with a peach-coloured dress. Blonde hair with pink eyes would also work with a vermillion dress too.

You're welcome to disregard all my advice though, I'm in no way a fashion/colour expert orz
Why thank you! I myself am excited for the game, hopefully I deliver and more. I think the twintail is more for the males while for women/otome, it's more of the ojou-sama. Oh, the light blue isn't the definite shade I was hoping for the end result, but I do like your suggestions! Amethyst would be really nice (I'm a sucker for anything around the violet/red range). GASP. VERMILLION. I didn't think of that, would definitely try that out.

Lol, I'm actually grateful for the suggestions so thank you.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#14 Post by hiko27 »

MC-final.png
Hell yes, I managed to finish the sprite. I told myself I was going to expand on the game's system as well as start thinking up of guys but this thing was calling me. May or may not be the one in the game (I feel as if there's too much going on) but those are just simple edits I can do later on.

Up next: Create the five guys and flesh them out.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Suika
Regular

Re: Tsundere-sama [Romance, Otome, Comedy, Free]

#15 Post by Suika »

I'm late to the party, but this is a great idea, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

The green uniform is an interesting touch, but I like it. It draws attention straight to her eyes (which are stunning, by the way).