Pri-Sele (Princess Selection) ~SLG game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
skythnir
Regular

Pri-Sele (Princess Selection) ~SLG game

#1 Post by skythnir »

Princess Selection is a SLG game.

##############story##############

~a dim scent that wraps happiness, but it is also detesting as the happiness does ...and fretting~

Shuta (the player) is a ordinary high school student , who had a girlfriend last year, named Yukari.
On Yukari's birthday, the two had a date. The two hanged around the city together and was enjoying their time together.
After the date, Shuta gave a pair of silver necklace to her... that's where their unfortunate incident begin.
Yukari accidentally dropped it on the road. she rushed and try to pick it up.
...Watch out!! Shuta shouted, but it was too late.
Yukari was hitted by a track, in front of Shuta. she was carried by ambulance but after an few hour, she passed away.
Which made Shuta to have a big trauma of girls, and having the same unfortunate incident's nightmare until now.

One day at school, Shuta had the same dream again.
the dream his lover was hitted by a track.
Yuki was talking with him. who is a popular guy and has a girlfriend, but always boasting about his GF, Shuta couldin't stand it.
"There are a lot of cute girls, your girlfriend isn't special, dumb ass!"
which made his bestfriend Yuki, real angry. and the two made a stupid bet.
"Then make a girl friend within tomorrow. if you lose the bet, shave off your head!"
"...What if you lose?"
"Shave off your head" "Pay 1000$" "Treat school lunch for a year" "Dance Naked" "Broke with your GF" etc ...you can choose.

##############Game Play##############

The player has dismal past. but the game itself is a love-comedy.
The game will be funny, by some stupid jokes etc, and the story won't too complicated.
(to avoid the players get bored)

After player made a bet with Yuki, he'll have to go around the school or outside the school to look for girls.
The game doesn't have regular characters (except Yuki and his girlfriend).
There will be a lot of girls by combining a lot of "body part" "clothing part" "hair part" "eyes part" and "mouth and nose part" randomly.
The body part will be the main. it will have 9, three loli, three normal, and three onee-san type.
for the story,each loli, normal, onee-san girls will have three story script. which will set by random.
Each girls will have their "own types of guy". whether the player can go out with them will depends on
his personality, strength, intellect, popularity, and trauma rate.

##############Over All##############

1 the player's personality and other status will be set at the beginning of game.
2 the status will change by what he does during the game.
3 the player's name and nickname will be set, girls will call you by his nickname once you earn high popularity rate.
4 the player will go around to look for girls, and he can ask for date, and can ask if he can go out with her after the date.
5 there will be many good endings, from the "bet" and the script of girls. and few bad endings.
6 there will be many girl characters, which will set by random.
7 there will be no voice and event CGs for the girls characters (instead I have to draw a lot of parts)
8 whether player can go out with the girl will be decided from his personality, strength, intellect, popularity, and trauma rate.

~Plans (not for the game play)~
1 the game will have two language. English and Japanese
2 there will be one day version(which the player make GF within a day) and 1 week version (make GF within a week)
the 1 week ver will have more girls, script and everything. this will no be free, but 1 day ver is a freeware.
3 deadline for 1 day ver is September and 1 week ver is November. (hopefully)

##############Credit##############

Char Design, Story, Program, and Artist: Itoh(skythnir)

BG Artist: studio-74
Itoh

BGM Musician: Rengoku-Teien (煉獄庭園)
TAM (多夢)
HITOKIRI

Technical Support: Cybeat

##############Progress##############

Princess Selection. ~One day ver
English: 4% complete
Japanese: 4% complete

Princess Selection. ~One week ver
English: 0% complete
Japanese: 0% compete

##############Others##############

Anyone who can help us is very welcomed, you'll all be credited.
Any comments, idea, argument is greatly appreciated.

##############Sample BGM##############

Menu: http://www.esnips.com/doc/1ba84895-5c93 ... ea2d9/menu (by TAM)

Ending1: http://www.esnips.com/doc/066ed991-61ab ... dig_normal (by Rengoku-Teien)

##############Characters##############

Yuki. age 17. Shuta's bestfriend.

Reina. age 17. Yuki's girlfriend. also she was the bestfriend of Yuri.

Yukari. age 16. Shuta's ex-girlfriend.

This game is under product of Doujin Circle Ice-Tea.
Last edited by skythnir on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Pri-Sele (Princess Selection) ~SLG game

#2 Post by sake-bento »

This sounds like a really cool idea. The thought of randomly generated characters means that the gameplay each time will be different. It sounds like it will be a lot of work, though. Even though they have different appearances, do they also have randomly generated stats and personalities?

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Cybeat »

It would take a lot of work, but when it comes to Ice Tea (name of our circle) we can get anything done. Yes, they do. From shy girls to proud celebrities. I'm sure Skythnir has more to say about it, though.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

klang

#4 Post by klang »

May I volunteer to be an editor? Because if English is your native language, I think I’ll shed a tear. I am capable of finding most mistakes and I can offer opinions on writing style and content.
= 口=

skythnir
Regular

#5 Post by skythnir »

sake-bento: Yes, everytime the player start a new game, there will be a different girls. (including her looks, stats, and story)
this will be a lot of work, but since there is no voice actress and event CGs, we'll just be spending a lot of time on making Character's parts and script.

Cybeat: Exactly so. the player can choose any girls he met.

klang: Thanks, but Cybeat will do that. (I didn't add that yet, because our priority is Mujinchitai right now) ...btw, can you do a programming? I only have little experince in that.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

Yes, everytime the player start a new game, there will be a different girls. (including her looks, stats, and story)
Not to rain or your parade, but it's been tried many times and the usual conclusion is that a randomly assembled character is never as entertaining as a well thought out and "manually" assembled character. By that, I mean that a good character should "make sense" when it comes to its existence, and it usually means all her components (looks, behavior, story, goals) should fit together. If it's random, you lose that logic.
So... have you thought of this and what are your solutions to this problem?

skythnir
Regular

#7 Post by skythnir »

monele: Well, that's the reason why I divided the basic body parts into three.
for example, we'll prepare a script like "a loli girl who wants to be look like more adult, and sexy. and the player encourages her or something and ended up becoming a lovers" for the loli girl.
we'll make many stories like that, and we won't be using script of loli girls to normal and one-san girls. I believe that will make the story and look of character fit, and logic.
and it won't be funny if other look of girls have same story with the girl you finish at previous game. so we will not use the same script which the player has went through, so the player can enjoy every story we've made. ...I don't know if I can do that with my little programming skill, though.

skythnir
Regular

#8 Post by skythnir »

New MP3 uploaded!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by monele »

Ok, scripts based on a limited number of archetypes... sounds like something that would work and not be *too* hard to develop/write. Also, good call on remembering what has been seen and not showing it again (at least until everything else has been seen I suppose).

Will a single character have more than one story during a single game? I think that's what I was worried about. Like the loli girl first getting a story about wanting to be adult and sexy, as per your example, and then getting a story about being extremely childish and plushy-cuddly. But if there's only a single story, there's no risk of having such contradictions.

skythnir
Regular

#10 Post by skythnir »

monele: I haven't decide how many stories l'll make, but probably 3 stories for each 3 types of girls for the one day ver. even the same look of girl can have 3 different story. (but like I said before, we won't use a story for different types of girls.)
The story will get a little different at first by where the player met the girl.
for example, it will be different if they met at library, or school clinic.

anyway, I don't think the player will ever met the same girl he met at previous game, because characters will set randomly every time we start a new game.
or do you think it will be a good idea to add some system like the player can go different story with the girl he went through at the previous game?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#11 Post by LVUER »

The story idea is funny and interesting, the random character also seems interesting since you won't (or at least rarely) encounter a same girl, so it is a new experience every time you play. Although that will means lots of hard works (good luck, skythnir).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by monele »

skythnir wrote:anyway, I don't think the player will ever met the same girl he met at previous game, because characters will set randomly every time we start a new game.
or do you think it will be a good idea to add some system like the player can go different story with the girl he went through at the previous game?
I want to point out that number of visual combinations aside, if you write 3 stories for 3 archetypes, it makes 9 stories and that's it. Replaying after this won't give more stories, just different looking characters acting out stories you've already seen.

The rest is really up to you. Either you have 9 different, randomly generated characters playing out 9 different pre-made stories... or you have 3 different randomly generated characters, each representing an archetype, playing 3 stories each.
The first solution is good if your stories are very different and can't apply to the same person. The second solution could be nice if, for example, your three "loli" stories could happen to the same loli girl.

But it also depends on how your game plays out : is there a single story per playthrough? Is it randomly forced upon the player or do you make choices at the start of the game that decide which girl you will be going for, and thus which story you'll get? Or maybe it's a huuuuge game where you get the nine stories one after another?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#13 Post by papillon »

Some players might appreciate it more if there are these set archetypes and stories but the PLAYER can choose what the characters look like from the available pieces...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by monele »

Oh yeah, I was thinking of a Triona kind of setup at some point too ^_^. This way, stories are set in stone, but you can "build" your favorite girl for each type :)

skythnir
Regular

#15 Post by skythnir »

LUVER: Thanks, I'll try my best to make it a good game.

monele: Well,the player will met the girl randomly, but the can choose the right girl from the many generated characters he met.
if he met a loli girl at library, and he didn't like her, then he can go other place for the other characters again and again. and the 9 stories is separated. it won't go after and after.
but I also need some idea not to make the player bored once he have finished all of 9 stories.

papillon: Yes, I was thinking if I should let the player decide the look of heroines. but I wanted to make a game that player can go around a school and choose the right characters for him.
anyway I'll keep your idea in my mind, if I can add a system to choose the look of right characters, I will.