Let's Make a Deal! 3d BG Artist Looking for Work

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

Let's Make a Deal! 3d BG Artist Looking for Work

#1 Post by Rezznik »

Hey all,

This is my first post in these forums, but I'm pretty confident that my skills could help someone with their project. Recently, I've taken a couple courses in Maya and Photoshop, but I personally feel the need to bulk up my portfolio (and my skills) before I try and find a job in the graphics industry. If anyone needs any help making any backgrounds for their visual novel/ren'ai game feel free to contact me. Here's a quick sample of my work:

Help me, Help you.

Peace out.

edit: Sorry people, but I am no longer accepting offers to join teams. Look for my work with R3 Production's up-coming epic Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~!
Last edited by Rezznik on Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Let's Make a Deal! 3d BG Artist Looking for Work

#2 Post by monele »

This looks good ^_^... The tribunal bg has my heart :)

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#3 Post by Nafai »

Gotta agree, that's some talent :)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

Yup, yup, those really are some serious skills. :3 The middle one looks really good in particular.

M12
Veteran

#5 Post by M12 »

Excellent artworks.

Our doujin circle needs a background artist. How would you like to join us? If you're interested, please e-mail me:

marcusl_12 (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au

Our story takes place in an unusual setting, which should look fantastic on your portfolio.

Thanks.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#6 Post by bloodywyvern »

*whistles* That's some nice work there, a good attention to detail too. Hm, I've noticed your work seems to be centered around a small area through other then the first one, rather than a more zoomed back shot. Any specific reason for that? The first is done with a rather broad look while the other two seem more point focused.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Sapphire Dragon
Regular

#7 Post by Sapphire Dragon »

I do 3d work myself and I can tell you that zoomed back shots take an age to make, like if your looking for a really nice scene of a town it could take months. Thats why a lot of 3d bg's you will probably see are more point focused.
Deeplake: backgrounds= 45 (0 en) frames=149 (0 en)
fullscreen pics= 38 (0 en) Character pics= 191 (15 en) Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupfPglEe04
Portfolio:http://www.sapphire-nest.co.uk iDreams Game: http://www.pop-fiction.net

#8 Post by Guest »

Yah, I agree with Sapphire Dragon 100%. My first picture took me roughly an entire semester of school from pre-production stages all the way to post. While my classmates were working on cleaning up their scenes, I was still in the process of texturing and cutting UVs (think of it as a map for textures.) On the other hand, my other two scenes took about a week a piece to complete; with the Phoenix Wright courtroom taking maybe three-four days.

klang

#9 Post by klang »

I envy you for the patience you have for making the first picture. The first thing I would have thought of would be how to reduce the workload.Otherwise, you're not doing poorly at all.
= 口=

Mikan
Veteran

#10 Post by Mikan »

The second image is pretty nice, but I've seen that model a lot on the internet... It must be a Maya favorite.

I'm not too crazy about the first and third ones.
The colors are too strong or don't follow the color of the light, and they don't create an overarching mood or sense of time.

Did you use a reference (photograph) for any of these renders?
Attachments
Maybe the sun is setting?
Maybe the sun is setting?
Yellow wood toned down
Yellow wood toned down

Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

#11 Post by Rezznik »

Funny that you should mention those two....

For the first image....I bit off more than I could chew with trying to render the image in four weeks (texture, modeling, lighting, grass, etc.) Given more time I probably could've done a lot better job instead of randomly throwing Maya fur as grass and using paint effects to do my middle-ground trees (which I agree throws off the image a little bit that's why I'm planning on re-working a final copy.) I was already running late with turning in my project so yaaaaah >>;....needless to say I got a B in the class as the improvements you noted.

In response to the third image......I got lazy and didn't wanna post the full-image with Phoenix (and re-render the entire thing) so all I did was post my Global Illumination render layer out. The 'real' compositing image looks a lot better (believe me.)

The second copy was for my texturing and lighting course which I decided to go and devote more time to that class than the ones (hence why it looks so much prettier.)

All three of these images were composited within six-eight weeks this semester so yah....I could easily improve the quality of all three given time. Thanks for pointing them out.
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Kristen

#12 Post by Kristen »

Rezznic, would you be interested in doing a very in-depth visual novel and aiding in the backgrounds? I'll have to talk to the other project leader, but you seem to be exactly what we are looking for. Keep in mind, we're going to need a lot of BGs, since the script is probably going to wind up being in the 20,000 line range.
E-Mail me at Kristen@moetaku.com so we can talk. ^_^

(Also, we're not a project that's going to die. We have like 10,000 lines of script and stuff already, and have been going for 3 months)