Broken sky

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
denzil
Veteran

Broken sky

#1 Post by denzil »

I finished writing a small story, and still don't trust my skills to do the graphics myself. I translated part of it into English so you can decide if you want to help me (I wrote it in Czech originally).
I will need character art, backgrounds (I guess filtered photographs could be used for most of this, but I would prefer drawn ones), music and someone to do the editing.
If you are interested post here or PM me.
And thanks in advance :)
Last edited by denzil on Fri May 30, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

denzil
Veteran

Re: Broken sky [recruiting]

#2 Post by denzil »

Update time :)
I finally finished rough translation to English, so it's time to say little bit more about the story.
The planet you live on is being evacuated and you decided to say farewell to places you like so much. Shortly after you start you run into a girl, you don't know. She seems familiar, but you don't remember meeting her before. She decides to join you and you accept...

You can read the translation here.

I got offered music, but i still need proofreader/editor and someone to do the character art and backgrounds. As FIA pointed me in IRC (thanks), the game may look scifi-ish but there is no need for scifi backgrounds. Just a basic ones will do.
So if you are interested in helping me, don't hesitate and contact me.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm interested. I can help with anything except for the music.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Just one thing from my side, that I probably didn't say via PM, I really would have volunteered to provide at the very least some BGs and also help with the translation if you wanted - since I traditionally liked to participate in your projects, and now even lordcloudx is in so I imagine it would be a nice project with friends, but I really can't. My reason is positive, it's our next project, so it's not like I am sad, but it's too bad that the timing is the way it is - still, there is always a next time. :D

So anyway, good luck and have a great time working on it - I'm looking forward to playing the game.

honoreixix
Regular

#5 Post by honoreixix »

i can edit videos...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

denzil
Veteran

#6 Post by denzil »

I discussed Lordcloudx's offer with him on IRC and he already did a lot of work on editing. I'm still waiting how he will manage to do the art (I asked him to do different style than he usually uses), so there will be probably updates on this. But I believe he can manage it. (If he won't be too busy making more fake games, that is. :D )

mikey - Thanks for the support. It's a pitty you couldn't participate, it would be fun and a great help for sure. It would mean much less editing for Lordcloudx for sure. :) But as you say, there's always next time. And I will be looking forward to your project.

honoreixix - Thanks for the offer, but there won't be any videos in this game. So nothing to edit for you.

Edit:
I just seen what Lordcloudx drew for the game and I'm not recruiting anymore. :)